Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Screw football. They can still get a season in the spring. As it is the soccer season is also very short and won't have playoffs (no way they happen). Besides the much lower risk with soccer, too many soccer players have club in the spring. Football doesn't have that problem.

Does anyone have email addresses for committe members? Players and families should flood them with sound, rational emails.
    Here are all the email addresses that are listed on their site. I agree, people should reach out in a rational but firm way voicing your opinions. There’s plenty of people on here that are outspoken, let the CIAC know how you feel.

http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=13

I’d also recommend making your feelings known on the CIAC sports Twitter page.

Comment

Here are all the email addresses that are listed on their site. I agree, people should reach out in a rational but firm way voicing your opinions. There’s plenty of people on here that are outspoken, let the CIAC know how you feel.

http://ciacsports.com/site/?page_id=13

I’d also recommend making your feelings known on the CIAC sports Twitter page.
      thank you. My kids want to get their teams in this too.

Comment

Just a quick look at the DPH and CIAC letters of if-and-buts:

1. wait the two weeks after in person school start before low and moderate risk sports start
        2. implement mitigation and education strategies
        3. no new cases, spreading
        4. no spectators, 6 closest schools for games

Then it is ultimately up to each district to coordinate the rest safely by protocol, busing, locker rooms etc. etc..

Some districts will also have hybrid models, students in school only some non-consecutive days of the week. They may be segregated alphabetically or some other way and not athletically to get the numbers on campus right.

It can be done, just a lot of moving parts and everyone has to be on the same page.

Comment

Here's an easy rule: only home game spectators are allowed. That instantly helps the sideline issue. With soccer you don't get that many parents at day games to begin with. Each school makes sure parents know the deal - wear a mask, stay apart or you can't go to the next game. I don't think it would be an issue. Parents want games to happen.

Comment

Here's an easy rule: only home game spectators are allowed. That instantly helps the sideline issue. With soccer you don't get that many parents at day games to begin with. Each school makes sure parents know the deal - wear a mask, stay apart or you can't go to the next game. I don't think it would be an issue. Parents want games to happen.
            That is just plain stupid. Why cant an away team parent go to watch a hs soccer game?

If you are going to ban that, why not ban shopping outside your town boarders too? Why not have a complete travel ban and not let anyone into the state?

If someone cant stand or sit someplace 6ft away from another fan, the school should just have an "usher" ask them to maintain proper distancing

Mind you, I have not been to a bar, a gym or a restaurant, I maintain social distancing and wear a mask when around people outside my family unit, so I am not a covid non believer. However, enough is enough already with the stupidity. How many students travel to watch a girls soccer game? There are maybe 30 parents and siblings that show up for a 4pm game from the visiting team. Wake up for God sakes. Look at the stats.

Comment

Have you been at a summer soccer game? Spectators are required to wear masks, but sit shoulder to shoulder without masks as soon as no one is looking. Most players arrive with masks and many wear them without being told. Others have them on their wrists or in a backpack. Some don't have a mask at all and don't understand why they need one. I expect the season will be canceled before it begins once school is in session.

Comment

Have you been at a summer soccer game? Spectators are required to wear masks, but sit shoulder to shoulder without masks as soon as no one is looking. Most players arrive with masks and many wear them without being told. Others have them on their wrists or in a backpack. Some don't have a mask at all and don't understand why they need one. I expect the season will be canceled before it begins once school is in session.

I happended to drive by Wakeman where the Westport football players were practicing. Tons of kids all gathered together doing drills, etc. No social distancing whatsoever and no masks. The cheer team also on field and same as above. Next, cars showed up to pick kids up and every car was jammed with kids and no masks etc. Just like old times before the pandemic. Problem is, the highly contagious virus is still here and we are no where near herd immunity. You don't need Dr. Fauci to weigh in with the outcome here. So, I recommend we enjoy watching the practices and scrimages because this will not end well for fall sports. Once kids & staff start to test positive at school which is inevitable, sports will be canceled and then this will happen:

School cancelled in Arizona area after 'sick out' over reopening
                https://news.trust.org/item/20200815014105-o3yue

Comment

That is just plain stupid. Why cant an away team parent go to watch a hs soccer game?

If you are going to ban that, why not ban shopping outside your town boarders too? Why not have a complete travel ban and not let anyone into the state?

If someone cant stand or sit someplace 6ft away from another fan, the school should just have an "usher" ask them to maintain proper distancing

Mind you, I have not been to a bar, a gym or a restaurant, I maintain social distancing and wear a mask when around people outside my family unit, so I am not a covid non believer. However, enough is enough already with the stupidity. How many students travel to watch a girls soccer game? There are maybe 30 parents and siblings that show up for a 4pm game from the visiting team. Wake up for God sakes. Look at the stats.
                  You missed the point do what the poster was trying to say. The poster was trying to come up with solutions; your suggestion is not a solution but more of a rant.

Comment

Try thinking before you post. The poster was trying to limit the number of people on the sidelines in order to make distancing a possibility. If your kid has 6 home and 6 away games, you can see all 6 at home. Fair to everyone involved. Each school would have to work out details - maybe even issue tickets to parents - but every field has a choke point where you can stop people from entering.

I wish students could go watch but they definitely won't follow the rules. At least with two dozen parents (if that) you've got a shot. Sure I'd like to see all my senior's games this year, but I'd rather see half than none at all.

Comment

I hope they cancel
                      Just another way to screw the poor kids
                      I can afford options so my kids will continue on with their sports
                      The collateral damage to kids, especially poor kids, will be significant and likely worse then contracting virus
                      But keep telling yourself how if is all about safety

Comment

soccer

But again summer league has been going for 2 months straight with fans And we haven't heard of one documented case being spread on a team or by a fan. These decisions aren't based on science or numbers. Just liability and politics They have 2 months of history to look at with no spread at all.

Comment

soccer

It isn't like soccer gets tons of fans. Plenty of room to spread out. Just mandate masks. Not hard. But no one wants the lability.

Comment

Like the poster said no one is spreading out.

Comment

Try thinking before you post. The poster was trying to limit the number of people on the sidelines in order to make distancing a possibility. If your kid has 6 home and 6 away games, you can see all 6 at home. Fair to everyone involved. Each school would have to work out details - maybe even issue tickets to parents - but every field has a choke point where you can stop people from entering.

I wish students could go watch but they definitely won't follow the rules. At least with two dozen parents (if that) you've got a shot. Sure I'd like to see all my senior's games this year, but I'd rather see half than none at all.
                              Idiot.....girls HS soccer don’t have a lot of fans at 4pm on a Tuesday. If you can’t figure out how to space people out, then you are just plain stupid and in that case, perhaps a lack of social distancing will thin out your family tree of some dead branches.

Comment

I can’t believe people are still whining about not seeing games.... you sound like a 2 year old.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X