Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doubtful any Fall Soccer in Oregon (Club or HS)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    OSAA check
    NCAA D2 Check
    NCAA D3 check
    NjccA check
    OYSA check
    OSAA postponed until spring.

D2 and D3 have only cancelled championships. Some conferences have postponed or cancelled the season.

OYSA hasn’t made any decision yet that I can see.

IVy an some D1 have postponed fall sports and may try to play in the spring.

Comment

Oh boy

OSAA postponed until spring.

D2 and D3 have only cancelled championships. Some conferences have postponed or cancelled the season.

OYSA hasn’t made any decision yet that I can see.

IVy an some D1 have postponed fall sports and may try to play in the spring.
      D2and D3 canceled fall championships because more the 50% of the conference have already moved to spring. Basically hardly anyone is play fall sports.

Comment

My suggested plan to OYSA

Here is what my plan would be.

Stop all training's until Nov to align with the schools.

November resume training

Dec, Jan, Feb U15-U19 winter League and State Cup. Leave Dec 5th, Presidents Day and MLK day off for Tournaments. Lots of Saturday and Sunday games. If you are worried about back to back games play on Friday nights.

Dec, Jan, Feb U11-U14 what would be fall season (this would include state cup).

Mar, April, May the spring season (actually played in spring) for U11 - U14

Tryouts mid June

Problem solved, you are welcome.

Comment

OSAA postponed until spring.D2 and D3 have only cancelled championships. Some conferences have postponed or cancelled the season.
          OYSA hasn’t made any decision yet that I can see.IVy an some D1 have postponed fall sports and may try to play in the spring.
          Everyone is cancelling their fall league seasons, declaring it's 'postponed' to 'x' time of year is wishful/hopeful thinking, but it's a plan I suppose. Since the Fall season is cancelled we must accept the future is tba....

OHA phase 1 guidelines have made the decision for the OYSA already, since youth club sports are not permitted until Phase 2 (Camps are OK in Baseline & Phase 1) It follows Phase 1 and baseline counties will have no fall leagues period.

Currently Phase 2 counties require you to wear a mask outdoor if you are within 6 feet of anyone which is highly problematic and not medically approved to play soccer games.

This stinks for sure, but living in a fantasy world when writing down dates to begin play in league/teams/club are magically taken at face value to be official is naive at best.

We live by what the OHA and Governor say for now in Oregon regarding Covid-19.

Kate Brown kicked out Trumps special ops feds in Portlandia.

All hail the Democratic bi-nevolent dictator!!

Comment

November resume training

Dec, Jan, Feb U15-U19 winter League and State Cup. Leave Dec 5th, Presidents Day and MLK day off for Tournaments. Lots of Saturday and Sunday games. If you are worried about back to back games play on Friday nights.

Tryouts mid June

Is the coronavirus posting on the site. Appreciate you leaving us in November and allowing things to get back to normal.

Or is this the vaccine posting, maybe it's the approved therapeutic...

Thanks for solving the problem by leaving, you're welcome to come back when you have a grip on reality.

Comment

November resume training

Tryouts mid June

That would be miserable playing soccer dec through feb. There would be many more injuries and lower quality soccer due to the temperature and weather conditions.

Comment

That would be miserable playing soccer dec through feb. There would be many more injuries and lower quality soccer due to the temperature and weather conditions.
                Why don't we play in zero gravity on the moon instead? At least it's allowed in November, December & Jan.

Comment

You are so stupid that I don’t know how you manage to get by.
                  I see you took the one sensible (and I might add correct) response on here, and went negative. Pretty clear that you and your MAGA ilk, want to have a private chat about libtards, and conspiracy theories while the rest of the world lives in reality. Please, by all means keep on b!itching and contributing to the problem, and just watch as it continues to get worse. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you, but I really feel sorry for your kids.

Comment

We currently play DEC, JAN and Fed

At U-15 to U19 we currently play Dec, Jan and Feb months. Mostly tournaments. League play last year started Jan 20 something.

Regarding Covid 19 leaving us in Nov, as I stated this is to align with schools. If we can reduce the new cases to meet the governors metric classes can resume after November.

The key in other countries has been strict social distancing and testing. We have done a poor job in the US of this. Hence no training until November. If not under control then a lock down will be extended, so we better get it right this time.

Comment

Will clubs who have a dependency on school fields for practicing now be able to use them now? Multnomah, Washington, and Clackamas counties?

Comment

At U-15 to U19 we currently play Dec, Jan and Feb months. Mostly tournaments. League play last year started Jan 20 something.

Regarding Covid 19 leaving us in Nov, as I stated this is to align with schools. If we can reduce the new cases to meet the governors metric classes can resume after November.

The key in other countries has been strict social distancing and testing. We have done a poor job in the US of this. Hence no training until November. If not under control then a lock down will be extended, so we better get it right this time.
                        Do you realize you could have a hybrid in person classes starting in November and more than likely your county has remained in Phase 1. Which means no Soccer period.

Resuming classes doesn't necessarily align with OHA recreational guidelines for club sports allowed in phase 2 counties.

The OSAA is hopeful to start in the new Year 2021, Eugene schools aint going back til at least 2021 announced today.

Clubs are going bankrupt with these lockdowns and starting in september things wiil get tighter wotj no training allowed and parents want refunds for the year round fee the coughed up n July.

Stay Home, Save Lives and Save Business

Comment

I see you took the one sensible (and I might add correct) response on here, and went negative. Pretty clear that you and your MAGA ilk, want to have a private chat about libtards, and conspiracy theories while the rest of the world lives in reality. Please, by all means keep on b!itching and contributing to the problem, and just watch as it continues to get worse. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you, but I really feel sorry for your kids.
                          1. Your response was not sensible.
                          2. I am as liberal as they come. I might even vote for AOC if I lived in her district, so that puts me far left. Red hat = toilet paper.
                          3. My kids are doing great. They are doing private soccer training sessions M/W/F with some incredible technical coaches - something they wouldn't be able to do if they were training with their team (one kid is doing lacrosse). They are also doing 1v2 sessions at a sports performance studio 3x/wk with a former Olympian and getting stronger and faster. We have them doing online summer school and my spouse is pretty hard line about them keeping their grades before they are allowed to go out and screw around with their friends. We eat really healthy food and limit screen time. We are lucky that our circumstance allows us the ability to do this. There are huge numbers of people who cannot provide a positive environment for their kids at home. Huge number. Either they don't know how, don't have the time, don't have the money, don't have the education, or there are family drama issues like alcohol, drugs, martial issues.etc.

School and sports are not a luxury. They make our communities better. They especially benefit the disadvantaged kids. Locking down kids for the sake of the few is a terrible idea. The psych damage this is doing to a lot of kids is immeasurable.

You will never defeat this virus. So best learn how to live a full life while dealing with it. Multiple people in our family in the medical industry tested positive for the virus with zero symptoms. Most likely because they are very healthy. I suspect a lot of us have had the virus and didn't even know it.

You cannot just stop living. It's like shooting a mosquito off your knee cap with a .45 magnum.

Comment

1. Your response was not sensible.
                            2. I am as liberal as they come. I might even vote for AOC if I lived in her district, so that puts me far left. Red hat = toilet paper.
                            3. My kids are doing great. They are doing private soccer training sessions M/W/F with some incredible technical coaches - something they wouldn't be able to do if they were training with their team (one kid is doing lacrosse). They are also doing 1v2 sessions at a sports performance studio 3x/wk with a former Olympian and getting stronger and faster. We have them doing online summer school and my spouse is pretty hard line about them keeping their grades before they are allowed to go out and screw around with their friends. We eat really healthy food and limit screen time. We are lucky that our circumstance allows us the ability to do this. There are huge numbers of people who cannot provide a positive environment for their kids at home. Huge number. Either they don't know how, don't have the time, don't have the money, don't have the education, or there are family drama issues like alcohol, drugs, martial issues.etc.

School and sports are not a luxury. They make our communities better. They especially benefit the disadvantaged kids. Locking down kids for the sake of the few is a terrible idea. The psych damage this is doing to a lot of kids is immeasurable.

You will never defeat this virus. So best learn how to live a full life while dealing with it. Multiple people in our family in the medical industry tested positive for the virus with zero symptoms. Most likely because they are very healthy. I suspect a lot of us have had the virus and didn't even know it.

You cannot just stop living. It's like shooting a mosquito off your knee cap with a .45 magnum.
                            For you this is the best time possible to indulge and go over the top with $100hr 3x week sessions with con men technical 'trainers'. You are just a first class idiot with piles of disposable income and a penchant for wasteful spending. Stick to burning your money in piles in the future, at least it will keep you warm in the upcoming frigid winter months.

You aint living, you are living in a fantasy of your own creation.

Comment

What is your plan ?

Do you realize you could have a hybrid in person classes starting in November and more than likely your county has remained in Phase 1. Which means no Soccer period.

Resuming classes doesn't necessarily align with OHA recreational guidelines for club sports allowed in phase 2 counties.

The OSAA is hopeful to start in the new Year 2021, Eugene schools aint going back til at least 2021 announced today.

Clubs are going bankrupt with these lockdowns and starting in september things wiil get tighter wotj no training allowed and parents want refunds for the year round fee the coughed up n July.

Stay Home, Save Lives and Save Business
                              What would your plan be ?

Comment

For you this is the best time possible to indulge and go over the top with $100hr 3x week sessions with con men technical 'trainers'. You are just a first class idiot with piles of disposable income and a penchant for wasteful spending. Stick to burning your money in piles in the future, at least it will keep you warm in the upcoming frigid winter months.

You aint living, you are living in a fantasy of your own creation.

Sorry if I have worked hard and make more money than you. Sorry you feel so bad about it. Have you considered getting up a little earlier and or working a little harder? It might not help but it might make you feel a little better. Or maybe you just have that little dark cloud in your heart no matter what. Sorry.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X