X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definition

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Don't try to complicate things. The average Talking-Soccer reader can't distinguish shades of grey.
    I love how people label a team a boot ball team because there kids team can't beat them. FYI U-11 parents. Your kids are all playing BootBall. Sometimes a boot looks like a pass but in reality it was a 50-50 ball that worked out.

Comment

I love how people label a team a boot ball team because there kids team can't beat them. FYI U-11 parents. Your kids are all playing BootBall. Sometimes a boot looks like a pass but in reality it was a 50-50 ball that worked out.
      Simply not true. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Simply not true. You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.
        I know lotsa stuff. Just nothing about soccer.

Comment

These categories are far too simplistic and misguided for U11.
          OK. After giving it a couple seconds more thought, I'll add a 3rd category. Somewhere in between the bootballers and the passers are the "kickers". These are the teams that don't have the big leg out back or the fast forward up front but still don't (or can't) make intentional passes on the ground.
          That should make it a little easier to categorize the current OPL Premier G01 teams into 3 groups of 3...

Comment

OPL Cup

Predictions for GU11 OPL Cup?

FC Portland top seed should have easiest route to final. Who will be the other finalist? CFC? Eastside?

Comment

On topic: Vancouver Timbers will most likely be your best bet for competitive soccer in the Vancouver area.

You've shown yourself to be doubly guilty of your own accusation, as you cannot manage to comprehend a simple paragraph stating what IS, not what SHOULD BE. Not to mention, the blog you mention states nothing concerning Man U speaking to development. A Man U youth rep stated his appreciation for the game he watched. Furthermore, GK acknowledges that all players that they take on at U11 are ALREADY top tier players...Oh my goodness...why am I indulging this clown???
              If you can, read more or Kleiban's tweets. They said the players were prepared for 1st team Man U. Clearly you stated that passing can be a sign of lack of development. That is clearly idiocrity and shows your attempt to justify crappy play. Argue those points or ask your boot-ball coach how you should.

Comment

Anyone who talks "bootball" is someone who doesn't understand the game or appropriate development. Probably someone who values winning too much at this age level and is trying to justify why his son/daughter loses games.

At U11 the focus should be on foot skills.

Comment

Anyone who talks "bootball" is someone who doesn't understand the game or appropriate development. Probably someone who values winning too much at this age level and is trying to justify why his son/daughter loses games.

At U11 the focus should be on foot skills.
                  The focus should always be on foot skills. The game is played with the feet... Aren't you an Einstein...

Comment

The focus should always be on foot skills. The game is played with the feet... Aren't you an Einstein...
                    Your insults create completely unnecessary negativity.

Comment

It's really interesting that people come on this forum and are so nasty. Don't you come on here to talk about soccer? You run off 99% of people with the bad attitude.

I would imagine it it just a couple of people.

There would be a lot more content if you didn't run off the people who aren't interested in the name calling and mean spirited comments.

Why not just be nice and talk about soccer?

Comment

Girls U11 State Cup finalists = Eastside and FC Portland.

In my opinion, Eastside should win.

I don't see any other teams in OPL, except maybe thusc or copa, good teams.

Personally I think the pool is thinned without the vancouver teams, but I understand that it is the oregon state cup.

Comment

Predictions for GU11 OPL Cup?

FC Portland top seed should have easiest route to final. Who will be the other finalist? CFC? Eastside?
                          Assuming 2 groups of 5, seeded as per rules on OPL website, you should have:

Semi 1: FC Portland vs WT Copa TS
                          Semi 2: CFC Red vs ET Red

Final: FC Portland vs ET Red

ET Red wins 1-0 on a long ball to #11

Comment

Your insults create completely unnecessary negativity.
                            Yours do but more of it

Comment

Girls U11 State Cup finalists = Eastside and FC Portland.

In my opinion, Eastside should win.

I don't see any other teams in OPL, except maybe thusc or copa, good teams.
                              I hear that Eastside has changed the coach mid-way through spring league. True? Better or worse?

Comment

You are right, and the guy that came on here and tried to sound informed by suggesting there's some kind of in between baloney is completely lacking any knowledge of the game and player development and trying to complicate it to sound intelligent. This is what drives me nuts. It's really not that difficult. There are coaches that know what they are doing, which is an extremely small minority, and there are coaches that don't, the vast majority. 99% of the parents haven't a clue, and so talk about 50 shades of gray and bla bla bla. What drives me nuts is it will never change. Nearly all Oregon and Washington teams play bootball, or whatever term you want to use to describe a lack of focus on technical development, both the individual ball handling and passing and receiving kind. If that's not drilled in at U7 through U14, then it's nearly impossible to get there later, and parents will never get that and will accept bootball as the norm along with lame coach excuses and their own rationalization of some sort of in between bootball and passing that's just plain stupid. Lack of player development is lack of player development. Garbage in at U7 through U13, garbage out at U14 through U21. Pretty simple.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X