Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have you looked at UCONN roster, it is crap. They are happy to take anyone.
    Good luck to the kid. I would hate to play for RR.
    Oh look....this seems like someone who knows what he is talking about. Hold on, let me get my notebook.

Go on, please tell us more!

Comment

How many National Championships has he won?
      He's a miserable, gruff, me first person. He blew apart all the love for that program. Dismantled the friends of soccer, the streams of little kids that use to pour into the field, walks about like he's royalty and recruits kids that stay in school for a few years. Guy sucks and uconn would do the state of ct a solid by **** canning him

Comment

How is he a fraud exactly? What personal experience do you have with him, or are you just dying to contribute something?
        Hello mrs reid I presume? If you have been involved in CT soccer anytime over last three decades you would know. Josh is that you?

Comment

If he was any good, why UCONN?
          They suck. Failed badly last year.
          RR sucks as well.
          On top of that RR will not play him because he does not have the resume of other players on the team. No DA and not foreign. Not even ECNL.
          If you were at all informed on this topic and took the time to read the article in the paper about him, you would know that UConn has always been a college he has wanted to attend. Both of his older sisters graduated from there so he’s been following their sports teams for awhile. Scott had other very good D1 schools offering him spots, such as Villanova, however these schools are double, some even triple the amount UConn will cost. Colleges have little to no athletic money to give out this year due to seniors being able to redshirt which I think also probably helped make the decision to go to UConn a little easier.

Also, Scott is a very good student so his reasoning for looking seriously at NESCAC schools was not only the high level of competition in that division but also because he knew he would get a great education from there. I think the decision Scott made to attend UConn was a smart one. I think kids who choose a college and sports program without looking at the entire picture and with the sole goal of trying to play professionally after are being ignorant.

At the end of the day, college is about getting an education. If a college player is good enough and lucky enough to continue with soccer afterwards, that’s great but that’s a very small percentage. Scott chose UConn not only for the soccer program, but also because of his family ties to it and the great education it provides while being financially manageable for his family.

Comment

If you were at all informed on this topic and took the time to read the article in the paper about him, you would know that UConn has always been a college he has wanted to attend. Both of his older sisters graduated from there so he’s been following their sports teams for awhile. Scott had other very good D1 schools offering him spots, such as Villanova, however these schools are double, some even triple the amount UConn will cost. Colleges have little to no athletic money to give out this year due to seniors being able to redshirt which I think also probably helped make the decision to go to UConn a little easier.

Also, Scott is a very good student so his reasoning for looking seriously at NESCAC schools was not only the high level of competition in that division but also because he knew he would get a great education from there. I think the decision Scott made to attend UConn was a smart one. I think kids who choose a college and sports program without looking at the entire picture and with the sole goal of trying to play professionally after are being ignorant.

At the end of the day, college is about getting an education. If a college player is good enough and lucky enough to continue with soccer afterwards, that’s great but that’s a very small percentage. Scott chose UConn not only for the soccer program, but also because of his family ties to it and the great education it provides while being financially manageable for his family.

Let it go. Noone cares.

And don't feed the trolls.

Comment

I call horse poop. No one with the grades for Nescac would choose Uconn. Also, no kid that was getting D1 scholarship would be looking D3

The nescac schools would laugh at a kid that came to a meeting with the coach and when the coach asked where else are you considering, the kid said Uconn

Comment

I call horse poop. No one with the grades for Nescac would choose Uconn. Also, no kid that was getting D1 scholarship would be looking D3

The nescac schools would laugh at a kid that came to a meeting with the coach and when the coach asked where else are you considering, the kid said Uconn
                Stop talking. You sound like an idiot commenting about stuff that you obviously don’t know anything about. You shouldn’t say that out loud to anyone because the people who actually know about college soccer and recruiting will think you are a complete moron and you won’t be able to hide your identity then. You are just embarrassing yourself.

Comment

Where in that comment was a D1 scholarship mentioned? It says schools have very little to no athletic money to give this year...

Comment

Dad, pretty sure HE didn't win 3 Class L State Titles and HE didn't go 11- at Hand his senior year.

HIS TEAM DID.

Jesus these f$@$@$ parents.
                    Who even said his parents posted this? That easily could have been a coach, one of his teammates, another parent, a local journalist... leave the poor parents alone. God bless them they probably don’t even know this website exists

Comment

Where in that comment was a D1 scholarship mentioned? It says schools have very little to no athletic money to give this year...
                      No D1 "recruit" gets any money this late into senior money. Dollars were tied up a long time ago, going to a coach's top picks.

Comment

Who even said his parents posted this? That easily could have been a coach, one of his teammates, another parent, a local journalist... leave the poor parents alone. God bless them they probably don’t even know this website exists
                        Another parent or journalist literally doesn't care and wouldn't know so much. If it was a coach, shame on them for continuing to talk about him on this cesspool and revealing way too much personal information. Ditto if it was the parents.

Comment

actually you are wrong, wrong and wrong

Comment

Huh. Apparently the trolls were fed!

My son was recruited by a few NESCACs and I agree with the poster who said they would NOT be laughing if someone said they were considering UCONN. All the coaches care about is getting a great player, and if a player is a viable D1 recruit they would love that. Even if the education is not the same -- the coaches aren't focused on the education part, they are focused on the winning games part.

I also agree that NO ONE BUT HIS PARENTS CARE where he committed enough to post on TS. If I was going to post about a kid other than my own, it would be for the midfielder going to Stanford or similar -- kids who to my eye have real potential to become pro. Which, at least at this point, is not the player in question.

Comment

Scott Testori of Hand HS and CT Rush 2003 has committed to UCONN. He won 3 Class L State titles and went 11-0 at Hand for his senior year. Pretty impressive HS career. His CT Rush team has been one of the top teams in the region for several years.

Dad, could you keep us updated on how his games go next fall!!! We are all so interested.

Did he win 3 Class L state titles and go 11-0 by playing all by his lonesome? He didn't play on a team? He did it all himself? Man he's good.

Comment

Dad, could you keep us updated on how his games go next fall!!! We are all so interested.

Did he win 3 Class L state titles and go 11-0 by playing all by his lonesome? He didn't play on a team? He did it all himself? Man he's good.
                                Wow, check out this clown. Good job bozo

Haters gonna hate.

Don't know the kid, but cheering for all ct kids

-- you only think you know

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X