Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

High School Soccer

Club soccer is getting worse each year. This year in particular is shaping up to be a huge dropoff, reasons no one can control obviously have a lot to do with it. But - teams and leagues are so diluted at this point its just ridiculous. This has been a trend for years but accelerated at the worst possible time. Level is horrible just about everywhere you look. Multiple kids (boys) doing this for years so our family has been / continues to be exposed to a variety of leagues.

Paying tons of money and travelling for what. Not to mention the clubs for the most part do nothing to attempt to make up all the missed training which we are paying for due to the weather. Even FL ECNL is shockingly weak with many clubs we have played this year. With each passing year it makes you wonder why we continue to do all this. But the kids love playing, they are good and dedicated so we will suport their endeavors.

High school soccer is starting and my son is super excited about it.
    Big high school, player pool is large with some quality players from various clubs, playing for the school comes with some recognition and sense of community, practice right after school is so easy. We will see what the HS season holds but at this point it may shape up to be the biggest positive out of a dissapointing season thus far. I know detrators out there complain of the level but I am not seeing the level elsewhere either.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Club soccer is getting worse each year. This year in particular is shaping up to be a huge dropoff, reasons no one can control obviously have a lot to do with it. But - teams and leagues are so diluted at this point its just ridiculous. This has been a trend for years but accelerated at the worst possible time. Level is horrible just about everywhere you look. Multiple kids (boys) doing this for years so our family has been / continues to be exposed to a variety of leagues.

Paying tons of money and travelling for what. Not to mention the clubs for the most part do nothing to attempt to make up all the missed training which we are paying for due to the weather. Even FL ECNL is shockingly weak with many clubs we have played this year. With each passing year it makes you wonder why we continue to do all this. But the kids love playing, they are good and dedicated so we will suport their endeavors.

Big high school, player pool is large with some quality players from various clubs, playing for the school comes with some recognition and sense of community, practice right after school is so easy. We will see what the HS season holds but at this point it may shape up to be the biggest positive out of a dissapointing season thus far. I know detrators out there complain of the level but I am not seeing the level elsewhere either.
    We declined a season on mls to play HS ball. Best decision we made. My kid is having a blast and our team plays very well..I have had enough of club soccer. For what we pay and get is no better then HS.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2873881]Club soccer is getting worse each year. This year in particular is shaping up to be a huge dropoff, reasons no one can control obviously have a lot to do with it. But - teams and leagues are so diluted at this point its just ridiculous. This has been a trend for years but accelerated at the worst possible time. Level is horrible just about everywhere you look. Multiple kids (boys) doing this for years so our family has been / continues to be exposed to a variety of leagues.

Big high school, player pool is large with some quality players from various clubs, playing for the school comes with some recognition and sense of community, practice right after school is so easy. We will see what the HS season holds but at this point it may shape up to be the biggest positive out of a dissapointing season thus far. I know detrators out there complain of the level but I am not seeing the level elsewhere either.[/QUOTE

We are going to play on a npl or encl team when not playing HS. Being HS is only 3 months we need to play for the other 9 months . I agree club soccer is a joke . I wish schools would take back over the sports like the old days .

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2873925]
        Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Big high school, player pool is large with some quality players from various clubs, playing for the school comes with some recognition and sense of community, practice right after school is so easy. We will see what the HS season holds but at this point it may shape up to be the biggest positive out of a dissapointing season thus far. I know detrators out there complain of the level but I am not seeing the level elsewhere either.[/QUOTE

We are going to play on a npl or encl team when not playing HS. Being HS is only 3 months we need to play for the other 9 months . I agree club soccer is a joke . I wish schools would take back over the sports like the old days .
        And plus all the girls come to watch unlike club ball. 😂😂

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X