Dan K has officially left KK Atletico for SUSA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our westchester team played the KK teams several times and what I remember about them were that the players were very focused, that the fields were these entirely inappropriate super mini grass fields they rented AND that Dan was an a-hole to deal with.

Refused to be flexible about game scheduling because, I learned later, his teams were always playing 2+ game a weekend and, because he was an a-hole, and couldn't be bothered.

I always assumed they were in really tight with the NYCSL owners and Kris, and they were allowed to slide on everything.

Never ran across Kurt himself or noticed them at the games because their coaching sideline was silent.

BUT always thought it odd that somebody like Kurt who was sooooooo accomplished in Costa Rica would run a program where his kids played multiple games a weekend. Doesn't he know that that's no good for 11 and 12 yr olds?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Right now a KK team might be entered in EDP, NY Metro, NY Cup and in some cases under other clubs (such as Brentwood NPL) all at the same time. Without Dan I would think it would be prudent to cut back to just NPL and NY Cup for the fall while he rebuilds the coaching staff and finds a new administrator.

But then again, I am not Kurt so who knows what he will do.
      Atletico is just fine. A new trainer is coming on board which has been in the works for a while now. Dan's teams are NOT leaving KK. All the teams will stay in tact with the majority of players staying. I know a few players will leave, especially the 2001 and 2002s, however, SUSA and Dan are trying hard to recruit the boys.

In the end, Dan had no choice but to leave and Susa fell for the power. Dan is trying to become a sales guy now and if you know his personality you will know that it wont work.

Comment

I really don't know Dan or Kurt more than a name or face on the field. But, honestly Dan can't be that much of an a-hole as someone suggested. The 02 team is full of focused, well mannered boys, can't get that was with an a-hole coach/trainer.

Also, once games are scheduled there is no need to change it, as a parent I hate schedule changes once it's set. Multiple kids with conflicting schedules, getting rides, altering my schedules to make it fit, all fine. Changing games all the time to accommodate whatever someone may think is a valid reason? F NO. Leave schedules alone.

Comment

I really don't know Dan or Kurt more than a name or face on the field. But, honestly Dan can't be that much of an a-hole as someone suggested. The 02 team is full of focused, well mannered boys, can't get that was with an a-hole coach/trainer.

Also, once games are scheduled there is no need to change it, as a parent I hate schedule changes once it's set. Multiple kids with conflicting schedules, getting rides, altering my schedules to make it fit, all fine. Changing games all the time to accommodate whatever someone may think is a valid reason? F NO. Leave schedules alone.
          Fair enough but you probably have never been the official Manager of a team in the NYCSL. The process is as follows: Teams in a division are assigned weekends on which they are supposed to host games. Teams are also invited to specify which weekend day is better for them when they play AWAY. The host teams is supposed to give this consideration. Away teams can challenge the game date and time to something that works for them and the NYCSL has an elaborate process for this.

Basically they want you to negotiate a time that works for both teams. Dan ignores this entire process because his teams play in 2 leagues. So he plays EDP (or whatever) and Saturday and then will only host NYCSL games on Sundays. He will not deviate. He also will not consider changing the game time. Worst of all he ignores all emails and attempts at contact ... and because of his circle-jerk relationship with Kris/Gary from NYCSL they let it go.

Still don't understand why he wants his teams playing 2x a weekend. Doesn't make them any better ultimately or he'd have a bunch of kids moving on to the DA clubs.

Comment

Fair enough but you probably have never been the official Manager of a team in the NYCSL. The process is as follows: Teams in a division are assigned weekends on which they are supposed to host games. Teams are also invited to specify which weekend day is better for them when they play AWAY. The host teams is supposed to give this consideration. Away teams can challenge the game date and time to something that works for them and the NYCSL has an elaborate process for this.

Basically they want you to negotiate a time that works for both teams. Dan ignores this entire process because his teams play in 2 leagues. So he plays EDP (or whatever) and Saturday and then will only host NYCSL games on Sundays. He will not deviate. He also will not consider changing the game time. Worst of all he ignores all emails and attempts at contact ... and because of his circle-jerk relationship with Kris/Gary from NYCSL they let it go.

Still don't understand why he wants his teams playing 2x a weekend. Doesn't make them any better ultimately or he'd have a bunch of kids moving on to the DA clubs.
            This is an accurate assessment. The responses back from Atletico have been arrogant when our club had dealings with them. Sometimes they did not even reply to standard requests, as if they were above dealing with legitimate scheduling items. And when they wanted something changed, they demanded it.

Comment

There are no more references to Dan on the SUSA website, trouble in paradise already?

Comment

There are no more references to Dan on the SUSA website, trouble in paradise already?
                Maybe he didn't get any kids to follow? That's all Susa is after, bringing in paying bodies to the factory while using Islip town fields and a non-profit as a sham. Disgusting.

Comment

Still there

https://www.susaacademy.com/news/sus...dan-kravitsky/

Comment

I don't know if it was Dan K leaving, the rise of the GDA, SUSA growing or things like FC Barcelona and Valencia forming, but KK is running open practices for a bunch of different age groups. I've never seen them do that after tryouts were done. They must have lost a lot of players.

Comment

I don't know if it was Dan K leaving, the rise of the GDA, SUSA growing or things like FC Barcelona and Valencia forming, but KK is running open practices for a bunch of different age groups. I've never seen them do that after tryouts were done. They must have lost a lot of players.
                      Agree. They need to backfill NPL slots.

Comment

Seems everyone needs to backfill. GDA teams, both Boys and girls ECNL, NPL. It's just a big trickle down effect that has watered down competition at every level. Only good thing is my kids still have a year or two before they are eligible for any of these leagues. Maybe by then, it will all make some sense.

Comment

Actually, most of the teams and players are staying.

What you are seeing is the individual who has taken over for Dan actually begin to help the organization. For years we have asked Dan to post open practices and he never did. Atletico always runs opens practices pretty much year round, however, it had to be via word of mouth due to Dan never posting anything.

All clubs and teams are going through their player shuffle. Its about time Atletico tried to advertise the way others do.

Comment

Actually, most of the teams and players are staying.

What you are seeing is the individual who has taken over for Dan actually begin to help the organization. For years we have asked Dan to post open practices and he never did. Atletico always runs opens practices pretty much year round, however, it had to be via word of mouth due to Dan never posting anything.

All clubs and teams are going through their player shuffle. Its about time Atletico tried to advertise the way others do.
                            Open practices are for the purpose of lining up replacement players. Why would you need to line up replacement players one week after tryout result e-mails went out?

Comment

Open practices are for the purpose of lining up replacement players. Why would you need to line up replacement players one week after tryout result e-mails went out?
                              Open practices are to see what talent has been let go from other programs. You never know who can show up. Adding 1 or 2 new players can never hurt.

Comment

Any updates? I heard a lot of the boys stayed with Kurt.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X