Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What concerns me is the mercenary approach to these Barca coaches. This coach, Domenec Guasch, might be very strong but how long is this assignment? He's been to two spots in Brazil, this is his first stop here. Where will he be in the fall of 2018? Is he working his way back to Spain, his home, as the the good soldier?
    I guess that's entirely possible, but only time will tell. What concerns me more is the six other coaches who are supposed to come from Spain. Will they make it here? Will they stay or rotate with other coaches from Spain? Or... will they all be gone in a year once they get the ball rolling, leaving behind nothing but the Barça name? If I had a child who was currently of DA caliber and age, I wouldn't even give Barça a thought, but for the younger kids who still have a few years to be eligible for DA it's much less risky. If it turns out to be great, awesome! If it's a train wreck then there's still time to go somewhere else.

Comment

From a ESPN story, all clubs have been announced since March so logistically this is hard with all these schools but it is all about money as the club confirmed when opening their Park Avenue office:

The Catalan club have previously opened or confirmed the launch of academies in San Diego, California; Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Northern Virginia; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

It's all part of a larger plan to expand across the U.S. that has been ongoing since last September, when an office was launched in New York.

At the time, Barca said the office's aim was to serve as a "commercial hub for generating new revenue and implementing the strategic plan for the 2016-2021 period, one of the main targets of which is to achieve a turnover of €1 billion."

Comment

Here is the Florida school. As you can see at the bottom and on all of them they are franchised and not owned by the club.

http://fcbescolaflorida.com

Comment

From a ESPN story, all clubs have been announced since March so logistically this is hard with all these schools but it is all about money as the club confirmed when opening their Park Avenue office:

The Catalan club have previously opened or confirmed the launch of academies in San Diego, California; Chicago, Illinois; Austin, Texas; Charlotte, North Carolina; Northern Virginia; and Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

It's all part of a larger plan to expand across the U.S. that has been ongoing since last September, when an office was launched in New York.

At the time, Barca said the office's aim was to serve as a "commercial hub for generating new revenue and implementing the strategic plan for the 2016-2021 period, one of the main targets of which is to achieve a turnover of €1 billion."
          Of course it's about the money! Although Barça has separated this academy from all the others listed in this article, which are actually FCBescolas, there is no question they are here to cash checks. What isn't clear is whether or not the byproduct of all of this is great training for our kids and in a rare instance, a chance for a few truly gifted players to do something spectacular.

Comment

Any girls get any communication from this organization about next season? Anyone even get a polite no thank you?

They could better maintain the fan base and jersey sales with some communication instead of nothing at all.

Comment

Of course it's about the money! Although Barça has separated this academy from all the others listed in this article, which are actually FCBescolas, there is no question they are here to cash checks. What isn't clear is whether or not the byproduct of all of this is great training for our kids and in a rare instance, a chance for a few truly gifted players to do something spectacular.
              All clubs are here to cash checks. They're all businesses. Find the best coaching and fit for your kid. It could be this club or the countless others. In a ffree market.system you won't last if don't give customers what they want

Comment

Any girls get any communication from this organization about next season? Anyone even get a polite no thank you?

They could better maintain the fan base and jersey sales with some communication instead of nothing at all.
                Not that I have heard. Certainly communication should have been improved, even if it was just an update to say they will continue to get back to us later. At this point, I would think most on the girls side have given up on this.

Comment

No word for us or any girl I know. We've all moved on and will not join a club that won't communicate at all.

Comment

Looking at all the photo's on twitter it appears that the turnout was almost entirely boys. Or they only posted pictures that had mostly boys in them.

Comment

Can you forward the twitter post ?

Comment

https://twitter.com/BarcaAcademyNY

https://www.facebook.com/barcaacademyny/

Comment

Still haven't heard anything. My son was at one of the last tryouts but that was 2 weeks ago now.

Comment

Still haven't heard anything. My son was at one of the last tryouts but that was 2 weeks ago now.
                            Sounds like the place to be. No web-site, no communication, vague details on costs, no home fields, no idea who is coaching, mixed messages on what leagues they will play in ...

Comment

Sounds like the place to be. No web-site, no communication, vague details on costs, no home fields, no idea who is coaching, mixed messages on what leagues they will play in ...
                              they will still fill rosters. that is just it. it doesn't matter. in the long run (and maybe short term), they'll be ok. they just need to get through the summer...as i am sure everyone already accepted will have plenty of questions....

Comment

Clearly not run by MBAs. The name and solid coaching will still get players in the door. If they can get their act together they will just become yet another club option. If they do it well maybe other clubs will up their offerings to compete. Is having a top European club coming and training kids a bad thing (assuming they do it well)? We plenty of NY clubs here that do it very poorly. If it doesn't work they'll disappear like lots of other clubs that have come and gone

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X