Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I'm not surprised Pittsburgh RDA was named one. Their girls side has been showing up to US Club Regional tournaments for a few years now. They also have a powerhouse club that focuses on 3v3.

Here are the states that do NOT have an ECNL presence (excluding recent announcements):

Alaska
    Arkansas
    Delaware
    Hawaii
    Iowa
    Kentucky
    Louisiana
    Maine
    Mississippi
    Montana
    North Dakota
    Nebraska *EGA coming in 2017
    New Hampshire
    New Mexico
    Rhode Island
    South Dakota
    Tennessee * TSC coming in 2017
    Vermont

If I were to place bets on who would get an ECNL nod next I think Hawaii and New Mexico would be at the top of the list. Except that Hawaii travel would be ridiculously expensive. I can't speak for any of the other states except Kentucky. I'm surprised Javanon hasn't gotten one. Lex FC and Kentucky Fire Jrs could be other options.
    How about Seacoast in NH and on the border with Maine. It could cover both of those states. It's also a Boys DAP club and would be a nice get

Or one of the Rhode Island clubs.

Comment

I'm not sure girls soccer is any good in those states - or exists at the same level as around here.
      You dont have to go for volume, just selective quality

Comment

You dont have to go for volume, just selective quality
        Agree. But ECNL has broken its pattern of yearly announcements and started adding clubs like they are poking fingers in a leaky dike (not saying the newly added clubs are terrible or not worthy of inclusion). The point is something is going on at ECNL that we don't know about.

Comment

Agree. But ECNL has broken its pattern of yearly announcements and started adding clubs like they are poking fingers in a leaky dike (not saying the newly added clubs are terrible or not worthy of inclusion). The point is something is going on at ECNL that we don't know about.
          Does anyone know how ECNL will "offiicially" handle clubs who now have GDA? We have had no communication around that, that I am aware of, at our club. Do you think they will tell certain clubs that they are out?

Comment

Does anyone know how ECNL will "offiicially" handle clubs who now have GDA? We have had no communication around that, that I am aware of, at our club. Do you think they will tell certain clubs that they are out?
            I don't think so. I thought I read somewhere that PDA was behind the ECNLs getting a GDA while remaining ECNL. I think if clubs go GDA only it's because of costs and noting coming from ECNL saying you are no longer wanted.

Comment

Clubs confirming ECNL continuance includes PDA.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/?p=3517

Comment

I don't think so. I thought I read somewhere that PDA was behind the ECNLs getting a GDA while remaining ECNL. I think if clubs go GDA only it's because of costs and noting coming from ECNL saying you are no longer wanted.
                In the original story on the new boys ECNL in Soccerwire, a source stated that only the Nation's very largest girls clubs wold be allowed to keep ECNL if they did GDA. If a club has not historically performed at a level indicating they have depth and can continue to be at least competitive in two high level leagues, ECNL will dump them. We got that announcement from ECNL about the clubs that "affirmed" their commitment to the league. Eleven of the very best clubs in ECNL, in the country period. Since then, crickets. Out in Northern California, I know that a few ECNL clubs are forming GDA alliances (Davis Legacy and San Juan are going to have a combined GDA team but keep their separate ECNL patches). That is a way some of these GDA clubs could stay in both leagues. It would be a huge mistake by ECNL to allow clubs that take GDA to stay in ECNL if those clubs are going to field weak ECNL sides. Reputation of league would take a nose dive.

So most of those GDA clubs that are in ECNL are going to have to decide. I can't see those clubs deciding to give up ECNL for GDA. With only 18 players per roster, an ECNL club can serve 90 players who want to say they are playing in an elite league over all age groups. At MOST, a GDA club can serve 69 such players (with max 23 per roster). Plus DAP is not cheap for clubs.

I agree with an earlier poster that ECNL is working some plan here, but the plan is not totally apparent as of yet. Only thing on which I am willing to place a bet is that weaker performing current ECNL clubs who want to take DA are going to be removed from ECNL, unless they do something like form GDAP alliances. One thing is for certain, ECNL are not capitulating to the USSF.

Comment

I think the ECNL clubs like SD Surf who contribute to the various NTs will do both. The rest will either voluntarily withdraw or get kicked out as you point out.

Comment

The more I read, the more I get turned off to the GDA.

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...pment-academy/

Too many good nuggets in thid article to comment, like US girls soccer is broken. 😱

Anyone feel like playing econ major? How much will it cost a club to do GDA?

- 4 seasons/week = more $$ for coaches
                    - coach credentials = more salary to pay?
                    - covering travel costs for 69?? players to tournaments maybe 2-4 times a year?
                    - Is the GDA supposed to cover league play travel?
                    - Cost for rental facility fees?
                    - New kit fees?
                    - reduced fees/scholarships = less $$ coming in. Where make up that $$? B-Z girls and/or boys teams?

What else?

Comment

Lots of rumors that only the "top" clubs will be allowed to do both. Who defines/decides that is unclear. Seems pretty rife for politics. Many clubs can't afford to do both, not only because of resources but breadth of talent pool. A PDA or a SD Surf can - huge clubs, big talent pools/population draw. Not many clubs are that blessed

Comment

The more I read, the more I get turned off to the GDA.

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...pment-academy/

Too many good nuggets in thid article to comment, like US girls soccer is broken. 😱

Anyone feel like playing econ major? How much will it cost a club to do GDA?

- 4 seasons/week = more $$ for coaches
                        - coach credentials = more salary to pay?
                        - covering travel costs for 69?? players to tournaments maybe 2-4 times a year?
                        - Is the GDA supposed to cover league play travel?
                        - Cost for rental facility fees?
                        - New kit fees?
                        - reduced fees/scholarships = less $$ coming in. Where make up that $$? B-Z girls and/or boys teams?

What else?
                        No doubt DA puts a strain on your club's budget.

- USSF will not cover travel but will not charge to participate in national events. Most (not all) boys non MLS clubs put the onus on families to pay for travel, but they will arrange for group travel rates and the boys all pile into rooms together. Coach travel comes out of your budget. Expect the same for almost all GDA clubs because there's no free MLS squadas to play on
                        - Clubs are "strongly" encouraged to reduce their fees. Some do quite a bit, either because they do fundraising or have many profitable teams to help subsidize. Others it's a nominal amount vs regular club
                        - Yes practice 4 days/week vs 3 regular club (but plenty of DA clubs skimp on that as well). Higher coaching fees to work the extra amount, as well facility fees if you don't own your own
                        - Stronger licensure requirements means paying more for those licensed coaches
                        - USSF's contributions to this endeavor amounts to about one scholarship per team.

Not every club can take that strain, especially if they're running boys and girls programs. Now they'll use the logic that having DA attracts more/better players to the other teams they run because 1) having DA raises the clubs credibility bar and 2) never underestimate parents who think their kids have a shot.

Comment

Sounds like USSF is trying to bankrupt some ECNL clubs into giving up ECNL and going DA only. USSF can then claim they have the nation's top players.

Comment

Sounds like USSF is trying to bankrupt some ECNL clubs into giving up ECNL and going DA only. USSF can then claim they have the nation's top players.
                            If they give up anything it will be DAP ... That's the loss leader

Comment

If they give up anything it will be DAP ... That's the loss leader
                              yup. it will interesting to see what happens wen ENPL gets going and the impact that will have on the non MLS boys clubs

Comment

ECNL moving fast to add new members. I pledge allegiance to ECNL

http://www.soccerwire.com/news/clubs...-ecnl-in-2017/

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X