Weston GDA lied to us.... now what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There were also kids from Boca DA at this event ,03s. So this was not just Weston breaking the rules

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      So have any of you actually reported these players playing HS and ODP to us Soccer?
      ODP might not have selected Weston, OP, and Boca players for the ODP Region 3 team had the players been upfront about doing Girls DA. The Girls DA tryouts were before the Region 3 Camp.

Comment

My family was informed when we were recruited to Weston that our daughter could play HS (as she plays on a school that "recruited" her), by MP. We were told that she could play both, but now we have been given an ultimatum. Her and the majority of the team has been doing both GDA and HS at the same time the last few weeks. And now suddenly they aren't allowed to do both, and threatened with missing the GDA showcase. I have seen multiple threads, but does anyone know the actual rules. Can my daughter do both?
        Who cares? Weston sucks

Comment

There were also kids from Boca DA at this event ,03s. So this was not just Weston breaking the rules
          http://boca.ussoccerda.com/sam/teams...p?team=3937860

http://tournaments.usyouthsoccer.org...47329/South03/

No there wasn’t

Comment

You do not need to look very far to see the issues. CG daughter is playing both HS and DA and he holds a DA director or some sort of Weston DA organizer for the club.

All the girls from American Heritage and St Thomas are also playing.

I would not allow any threats of being pulled from a showcase because of HS.

Just saying.
            Also the Weston girls that played in ODP were suspended for attending the event and not allowed to play in Disney. Yet they played anyway, wait till USSF finds out.

Comment

Also the Weston girls that played in ODP were suspended for attending the event and not allowed to play in Disney. Yet they played anyway, wait till USSF finds out.
              Weston not at Disney ! Nice try. DA does not do Disney

Comment

Could have fooled me

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Girls&Age=0

Comment

Pre academy dope!

Comment

Please stick to what you understand. Spend more time helping your player get better instead of worrying about what DA does or does not do.

Comment

https://events.gotsport.com/events/r...er=Girls&Age=0

DA

Comment

My daughter plays GDA at Weston on one of the older teams. Matt has been clear from day 1 on HS and ODP regarding GDA. All this mess is coming from families that wanted it both ways. In regards to ODP. My daughter and many others opted not to attend the Alabama tryout, because by the fall GDA would start and the wouldn't be able to participate in the interregionals event even if they made it. Some wrote emails asking for permission before the Alabama tryouts and they were clear that it wasn't allowed. Parents at our club were upset to find out that 2 players participated in the interregionals. Rightfully they were prohibited from playing in the Disney USSF DA division, but turns out they weren't suspended and played all weekend. Last I checked GDA is from 2004-1999. I've stayed supportive for 2 years and have given the benefit of the doubt until now. Our daughters were given the ultimatum and chose accordingly and to find out that the same wasn't applied to Carlos' superstars is wrong.

Comment

My daughter plays GDA at Weston on one of the older teams. Matt has been clear from day 1 on HS and ODP regarding GDA. All this mess is coming from families that wanted it both ways. In regards to ODP. My daughter and many others opted not to attend the Alabama tryout, because by the fall GDA would start and the wouldn't be able to participate in the interregionals event even if they made it. Some wrote emails asking for permission before the Alabama tryouts and they were clear that it wasn't allowed. Parents at our club were upset to find out that 2 players participated in the interregionals. Rightfully they were prohibited from playing in the Disney USSF DA division, but turns out they weren't suspended and played all weekend. Last I checked GDA is from 2004-1999. I've stayed supportive for 2 years and have given the benefit of the doubt until now. Our daughters were given the ultimatum and chose accordingly and to find out that the same wasn't applied to Carlos' superstars is wrong.
                          Grow up! Weston breaks the rules, who cares. You are the fool who believes MP and CP, when you wake up and realize they are pathological liars that's when you will be much happier. They are scam artists and continuously break the rules. That's nothing new

Comment

Grow up! Weston breaks the rules, who cares. You are the fool who believes MP and CP, when you wake up and realize they are pathological liars that's when you will be much happier. They are scam artists and continuously break the rules. That's nothing new
                            That has nothing to do with growing up, but you wouldn't know that. USSF has been alerted to the two players playing at Disney.

Comment

There were 2 local SFLA girls that are at other GDA's that were chosen for the event and weren't allowed to attend. But the weston girls were made exceptions?
                              There are no exceptions, but the girls / parents have free will to make their own decisions. My daughter plays with a girl from down south that was selected and they inquired with US Soccer higher ups about her playing. They were told the player would face disciplinary actions. They still considered playing because it was close geographically and it sounds like a lot of fun for the players.

She didn't play because they didn't want the drama. Kinda sad that 8-9th graders have to make choices like this, but it is what it is.

By the way...all these girls know what the other players are doing with ODP, HS soccer, Middle school soccer because they broadcast their life on Insta and snap.

Comment

There are no exceptions, but the girls / parents have free will to make their own decisions. My daughter plays with a girl from down south that was selected and they inquired with US Soccer higher ups about her playing. They were told the player would face disciplinary actions. They still considered playing because it was close geographically and it sounds like a lot of fun for the players.

She didn't play because they didn't want the drama. Kinda sad that 8-9th graders have to make choices like this, but it is what it is.

By the way...all these girls know what the other players are doing with ODP, HS soccer, Middle school soccer because they broadcast their life on Insta and snap.
                                You only have to attend a high school game and the players can tell you who are DA players. The double standards have given DA a bad taste. There are many girls who did not try out for DA because they had to make a choice between DA and giving up high school or ODP. There are also DA girls who went about playing high school the correct way at the start of the season and now see DA girls walking onto HS teams later. There are DA girls who gave up their ODP spots and then they see other DA girls who are doing ODP Inter-regionals. The DA rules are for some but not others.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X