X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA vs. Denmark

Anyone see this game?
    The USA were lucky to have a 1-1 tie through 1.5 halves. Denmark dominated play and possession throughout, until the USA changed face and put together a beautiful goal between Altidore and Johannssen (? spelling). In fact the USA had a streak of several minutes in which they will playing like they belonged on the same field. Unfortunately, it did not last long. In the final 5-10 minutes, Denmark to more control and went on to tie and then win the game in the final 3-4 minutes.

A 3-2 loss. Some might say "not bad", however, it was the way in which the game went and how Denmark scored their final two goals. Denmark controlled the game without question. The USA had some brief sparks, however, the end, the USA defense was caught completely off guard and two resulted in goals. This is not to take away from the goals scored, but their forward (3 goals) was left alone to play, control, and shoot.

Any other opinions? Mine is from a relatively novice viewer.....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Anyone see this game?
    The USA were lucky to have a 1-1 tie through 1.5 halves. Denmark dominated play and possession throughout, until the USA changed face and put together a beautiful goal between Altidore and Johannssen (? spelling). In fact the USA had a streak of several minutes in which they will playing like they belonged on the same field. Unfortunately, it did not last long. In the final 5-10 minutes, Denmark to more control and went on to tie and then win the game in the final 3-4 minutes.

A 3-2 loss. Some might say "not bad", however, it was the way in which the game went and how Denmark scored their final two goals. Denmark controlled the game without question. The USA had some brief sparks, however, the end, the USA defense was caught completely off guard and two resulted in goals. This is not to take away from the goals scored, but their forward (3 goals) was left alone to play, control, and shoot.

Any other opinions? Mine is from a relatively novice viewer.....
    Good analysis. Terrible defensive lapses. Good ball by Bradley for 2nd goal, but it might've been the only ball he played forward all day. He just can't be the best we have. That goes for most other positions also.

Soccer seems like politics, the same names being rehashed even though they bring little to the table. Klinnsman shows me little so I'm not expecting anything dramatic to happen, but we need a better scouting system. The new names brought in today showed nothing.

Comment

I like that hes always trying out new players. Wish he would look at the east coast more though

Comment

Plain and we simple, we don't have a creative enough player that can dictate the match. We need a player who can play the passes and set a tempo to the match.

Bradley isn't good enough in my opinion.

Comment

I like that hes always trying out new players. Wish he would look at the east coast more though
          He needs to stop experimenting with the back four.

Comment

He needs to stop experimenting with the back four.
            Why? We have time.

Comment

Plain and we simple, we don't have a creative enough player that can dictate the match. We need a player who can play the passes and set a tempo to the match.

Bradley isn't good enough in my opinion.
              Bradley needs to raise his game. He has had some amazing moments. Consistency is what he needs to work on- why is he brilliant some times and not more often?

Comment

Why? We have time.
                You don't experiment with the back line. In the second half of games we are being outscored 11-1

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1499329]You don't experiment with the back line. In the second half of games we are being outscored 11-1[/QUOT

Correct. What exactly goes on during training?
                  The fact that we show absolutely no sign of improvement is very disconcerting.
                  Something is broken-maybe BTDT or Perspective can fix it.

Comment

Bradley needs to raise his game. He has had some amazing moments. Consistency is what he needs to work on- why is he brilliant some times and not more often?
                    To be fair I thought that Bradley had a strong game. It was his easily his best game since before the World Cup

I have blasted him in the past but yesterday he and Jozy were the only players that showed up

Comment

We need a Toni Kroos, a Michael Carrick or a Sergio Busquets type player.

But the United States cannot groom a footballer of that caliber just yet which is a shame because I think a defensive holding midfielder that plays a deep lying role to anchor the back four is just what the USMNT needs at this time.

We have decent forwards and ok wing support but the 4 + 1 (back four + DM) is lacking severely.

Comment

But the United States cannot groom a footballer of that caliber just yet which is a shame because I think a defensive holding midfielder that plays a deep lying role to anchor the back four is just what the USMNT needs at this time.

We have decent forwards and ok wing support but the 4 + 1 (back four + DM) is lacking severely.
                        Even a Matic-type player would be ideal. Someone who can have a physical presence in the midfield and win aerial duels but can push and attack with the attacking midfielders and wingers at the same time.

Comment

We need to find a replacement for Bradley. He will be 31 at the next World Cup and may not even be on the team. Start experimenting with his successor

Comment

We need to find a replacement for Bradley. He will be 31 at the next World Cup and may not even be on the team. Start experimenting with his successor
                            Virtually everyone on the current starting roster is going to be 30+ by the next World Cup.

Comment

We all know what we need.
                              Training has been improving over decades, yet, this begs the question as to why we haven't been able to produce 1 or 2 players of that caliber. All the promises, all the millions spent at clubs, IMG, millions of kids playing and we can't get it done.
                              Maybe soccer is not a game for the US.
                              Or maybe it's like everything else in this country-used to be the best, but now second rate, although never at the top in soccer.
                              We should stick to video games. we're pretty good at that from where I sit.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X