Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    You don't get it then! My baby is a D1 stud. She can take a year off, and still be one of the best players on the field, and coaches don't care about anything else. I figured that out in the whole process of being recruited. If they can't get her into shape, then they should be fired. It is D1! I expect a lot more from the coach. Plus she deserves to let her hair down a little, and enjoy what she earned. We've been working for this for 10 years, and she will only be 18 once. We are going to enjoy the prom, and all the senior activities over the next 3 months, and be playing and practicing till she graduates. Take a step back for a while. This will be the last time she gets to spend time with her friends before they all go to college. We will start back up right after our last family vacation to the Island, and July 4th. I want to remember these days, and if you think about it, this is what we've worked for. Maybe you shouldn't be such a stick in the mud, and let your kid have fun for a change. The coach isn't looking for a replacement for her, because he gave her a lot of money and we signed a contract. They can't take it from us. They should be careful, because we will just transfer to one of the other schools that wanted her. Don't forget the college season goes later than HS, and then the college tournament. She might be playing till almost Christmas, and she will get burnt out if she has to start now. I feel bad for all the non scholarship players that have to keep working for a crumb. Good luck to them. I hope it works out for them, but we have earned the break.
    Hopefully that was tongue in cheek. There is no way a scholarship player will be allowed any more slack than a walk on. The coach will be harder on her than the other players, especially since his job depends on her performance. If she transfers because the coach didn't put up with her showing up out of shape, no other coach will show any interest. The other coaches will know. Good luck to her, but your daughter and you will soon learn that she can be readily replaced. When one goes down this route, there are sacrifices that must be made.

Talk to people who played D1 and have been out for several years. They will tell you that there three things one can do in college: Play a sport, study, and party; but only two things at a time. Choose wisely.

Comment

Oscar, have you not seen the shift in the discussion to the Las Vegas tourney that the NEFC psycophants are bragging about with the outstanding performance of their U18 squad against all odds? Follow the discussion mate.
      Then they need to start a new freaking post..... if they are going to keep turd tamping each other.
      Last edited by Oscar; 03-24-2015, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Hey "Oscar." Pipe down already. Author a few posts of substance before barging in and thinking everyone in the room should bow to your presence and buy you a drink.
        Oh boy...So much hate...don't like being called out I guess....And you have contributed what?

Comment

k!!!!
          LOL... no clue what K!!!! Means...Moon Bat code I bet....Does every one hide behind unregistered user? Key board commandos that cant stand behind there comments I guess.

Comment

Interesting data points

What's great about the Jefferson Cup is that it is so big and has such great teams. It is a microcosm of the club soccer landscape. Looking at the results I made a few observations...

- There is no drop off in talent between NPL teams and ECNL teams. Some are good, and some aren't. I would imagine that coaches will make the same observation and realize they are missing out on a whole lot of players by just going to ECNL events. NPL teams won some of the higher divisions in the tournament beating out ECNL teams.
            - There are a lot of great teams and talent not playing in either NPL or ECNL
            - Not all NPL leagues are the same. If you look at the placement of NYCNPL and New England NPL they are much higher than Northeast NPL (League of second ECNL teams)

Comment

What's great about the Jefferson Cup is that it is so big and has such great teams. It is a microcosm of the club soccer landscape. Looking at the results I made a few observations...

- There is no drop off in talent between NPL teams and ECNL teams. Some are good, and some aren't. I would imagine that coaches will make the same observation and realize they are missing out on a whole lot of players by just going to ECNL events. NPL teams won some of the higher divisions in the tournament beating out ECNL teams.
              - There are a lot of great teams and talent not playing in either NPL or ECNL
              - Not all NPL leagues are the same. If you look at the placement of NYCNPL and New England NPL they are much higher than Northeast NPL (League of second ECNL teams)
              Interesting data points to captain obvious. Got anything new to add or just the same old regurgatation of typecast propoganda?

Comment

Originally posted by Oscar View Post
                Oh boy...So much hate...don't like being called out I guess....And you have contributed what?
                Settle down Oscar. Your Mom will be picking you up from daycare soon.

Comment

Interesting data points to captain obvious. Got anything new to add or just the same old regurgatation of typecast propoganda?
                  Well the point is that it is not propaganda, it's actual results. No BS, speculation or theories but actual results.

Comment

Well the point is that it is not propaganda, it's actual results. No BS, speculation or theories but actual results.
                    Remember when a few here loved to say the Scorps were living off one team (that 94-95 team). This is ringing familiar.

Comment

There is more opinion embedded in the observation than facts.

Comment

Ok...let's post all the Nefc Jefferson Cup standings...Nefc U16 Elite came in 6th place in the top bracket, Nefc U17 Elite came in 6th place in the third bracket!

Nefc U18 Elite team went to Las Vegas and came in 2nd place in the second bracket (FYI....no Ecnl teams in Vegas)
                        This is what looks to have brought NEFC's U18 and Vegas into the discussion. Looks like the poster was wrong and there were actually a fair number of ECNL teams in Las Vegas. The point about tying the ECNL finalist from last year is actually an interesting piece of information against the underlying argument that a tournament like Jefferson is not that relevant because there apparently were not a lot of ECNL present. The same story seems to be playing out at a lot of tournaments, where top NPL teams are actually competing quite favorably and often winning against ECNL teams.

Comment

Remember when a few here loved to say the Scorps were living off one team (that 94-95 team). This is ringing familiar.
                          Time will tell but NEFC actually has quite a few teams that are just a rung or two below the quality of their U15 team. Most of their teams at least rank somewhere in the top 5 in the state and generally are considered to be amongst the strongest contenders in the region in their respective age groups. That is a far cry from what the Scorpions had surrounding their great team.

Comment

There are some smart and extremely sick MF'ers on this site. There's someone or somebody so jealous that they're hell bent on destroying the NEFC U15s, and/or a player or two. The jealousy has them writing posts dedicated to finding, and making up some pretty horrible stuff about the team, and individual players. So much so that there was a thread dedicated to attacking the High School team of one of the players, to muddy the 13/14 year old players name. My point is, that I'm starting to believe, and others are as well that a majority of the NEFC U15 posts both pro and con, are coming from outside the team. The counter intelligence/CIA like destruction from misinformation and character destroying through these methods, is scary as heck. Who would be trying to destroy a 14 yr olds future like its a black ops mission, and with the precision and patience? Who benefits from it? Is it just jealousy of a crazy parent, or another club? What's the end game? I really hope that someone from that team or club finally has enough and sees this for what it is, and can get the right person to take this on. There's something going on here, and all my spidy senses say there's more going on than meets the eye. I feel bad for this team, and specifically a couple of them. Someone or something is slowly trying to tear the team or kids down and destroy them. It can't be because of a few cocky/proud parents and posts. I for one will now become a supporter of this team, and will be cheering them on from a distance, and hope they don't fall for this crap and fall apart. I really hope they don't get frustrated with the losers, and quit. It's a good team with great chemistry. I pray they Hang in there and Good luck to them, because no team or player deserves what is being said and done to them. I also hope the person or persons responsible for it are found out, and outed for us all to see.
                            Here is everything that is wrong with your rant , this NEFC team you are refering too has done a great job on the field but they are as dysfunctional a unit as you are going to find, from the parents to the players and coaches. I guess when you have that type of success you are bound to have a lot of infighting amongst parents and players about who is getting more or not enough credit for where they are but plain and simple I think it is pathetic that a lot of this board is made up of this group of parents who keep trying to get recognition for what their little mia's did. Yes, they are National Champs at 14 years old, that is great but not many people care. There are probably 7-10 different national champions in MA from youth hockey and you don't see them acting like fools like the NEFC bunch because they understand they are just kids

Comment

There is more opinion embedded in the observation than facts.
                              Nope.

Wins and losses and bracket placements... No opinions at all.

Comment

This is what looks to have brought NEFC's U18 and Vegas into the discussion. Looks like the poster was wrong and there were actually a fair number of ECNL teams in Las Vegas. The point about tying the ECNL finalist from last year is actually an interesting piece of information against the underlying argument that a tournament like Jefferson is not that relevant because there apparently were not a lot of ECNL present. The same story seems to be playing out at a lot of tournaments, where top NPL teams are actually competing quite favorably and often winning against ECNL teams.
                                Thank you BBTT. Your input is always appreciated. You should post more often. You have so much to offer everyone.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X