X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dumped after 10 years?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No, it doesn't get much more blunt than that. Means he was either stealing or doing something in his personal life that the school is embarrassed about.
    Wasn't the results. This smells like he stole or was caught banging a player

Comment

Wasn't the results. This smells like he stole or was caught banging a player
      Thank you for returning the thread back to the topic. I suspect it's your later thought. Coaches get caught violating policies, recruiting, etc with hardly a slap on the wrist. Sex scandals can bury a program.

Comment

Don't speculate and ruin a good mans reputation. He's a great guy and a very good coach. And to use the word 'banging' referring to a young woman is disgusting.

Comment

Don't speculate and ruin a good mans reputation. He's a great guy and a very good coach. And to use the word 'banging' referring to a young woman is disgusting.
          Servicing? Shagging? Knocking boots?

Is it OK to say "banging" relative to an old lady?

Comment

funny

I am sure you never "speculated" in your life. A guy who posts anonymously on a soccer blog has never posted anything that he knows is not fact.

I will speculate some more.......you probably have a vested interest as your daughter is a current student/player on his team or one who already committed to the school. You feel betrayed that she is now left coachless and perhaps her college playing experience will be negatively impacted because she will now have to establish a new relationship with a new coach and maybe learn a new system that may not be suitable to her style of play. She also may have to do that along side a weaker group of supporting players as: a) non scholarship recruits from this current group may go back into the recruiting pool, b) next years recruit class will be weaker because the 2016s that were considering Bucknell and who verbally committed may go back into the recruiting pool, c) Bucknell misses the crucial Spring recruiting season while they looking for a new coach

Comment

I am sure you never "speculated" in your life. A guy who posts anonymously on a soccer blog has never posted anything that he knows is not fact.

I will speculate some more.......you probably have a vested interest as your daughter is a current student/player on his team or one who already committed to the school. You feel betrayed that she is now left coachless and perhaps her college playing experience will be negatively impacted because she will now have to establish a new relationship with a new coach and maybe learn a new system that may not be suitable to her style of play. She also may have to do that along side a weaker group of supporting players as: a) non scholarship recruits from this current group may go back into the recruiting pool, b) next years recruit class will be weaker because the 2016s that were considering Bucknell and who verbally committed may go back into the recruiting pool, c) Bucknell misses the crucial Spring recruiting season while they looking for a new coach
              OP might not have a daughter there but doesn't want to admit that this situation could happen at ANY school at any time - ok the "shagging" part is pretty unlikely but the coach leaving part it is. Stories like this or the saga of the football player (UCLA?) reminds everyone that finding a good, stable program is a blessing.

Comment

The roster has one player from MA (NEFC) and twins from NH (Seacoast). The one other name that popped out is the daughter of the two-time men's NCAA champion coach at Maryland. It is curious to have six players from Illinois but only two from the home state of Pennsylvania. http://www.bucknellbison.com/SportSe...4&SPSID=810339

Comment

The roster has one player from MA (NEFC) and twins from NH (Seacoast). The one other name that popped out is the daughter of the two-time men's NCAA champion coach at Maryland. It is curious to have six players from Illinois but only two from the home state of Pennsylvania. http://www.bucknellbison.com/SportSe...4&SPSID=810339
                  Kid of a top college coach? Just goes to show you never know what might happen, even those with incredible knowledge of how the process works or even "inside" information

Comment

just saying

Perhaps it wasn't a female

Comment

1 more

Don't forget the Breakers player who just signed an NLI

http://www.bucknellbison.com/ViewArt...B_OEM_ID=32100

Comment

wierd stats

I hit the link you provided and then looked at the stats. Weird thing for me it those twins from NH got a combined 5 starts. With 21 games and 10 starting field player spots, that makes 210 possible starts in the season. So some basic math tells me the NH girls got a combined 2% of the field player starts in 2014. Yet, one was the team leader in goals and combined, they scored 7 of Bucknell's 31 goals on the season or ~23%.

I doubt there are many D1 programs that the lead goal scorer only started 5 of 21 games or many with two players that only started a combined 5 of 21 games make up 23% of the goals scored

Comment

I hit the link you provided and then looked at the stats. Weird thing for me it those twins from NH got a combined 5 starts. With 21 games and 10 starting field player spots, that makes 210 possible starts in the season. So some basic math tells me the NH girls got a combined 2% of the field player starts in 2014. Yet, one was the team leader in goals and combined, they scored 7 of Bucknell's 31 goals on the season or ~23%.

I doubt there are many D1 programs that the lead goal scorer only started 5 of 21 games or many with two players that only started a combined 5 of 21 games make up 23% of the goals scored
                          Seriously, what does it take to start for Bucknell?

Comment

Seriously, what does it take to start for Bucknell?
                            Hopefully under a new coach things will be different. In the meantime the players will have to ride it out and hope for a good replacement

Comment

Hopefully under a new coach things will be different. In the meantime the players will have to ride it out and hope for a good replacement
                              perhaps the coach was riding it out

Comment

What's your point?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X