Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BU13 - Top Teams

There has been a lot of interesting conversation on this topic popping up in other threads (Best BU12, Global Premier, NEP/NPL, Valeo, etc...). Seems like a topic that people would like to discuss throughout the season. I figured a dedicated thread would make it easier to facilitate the conversation....
    GPS
    50.00%
    Valeo
    20.00%
    NEFC
    5.00%
    Stars
    0.00%
    Blazers
    15.00%
    WUP
    0.00%
    Other team not listed above
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

Early season results

So far it looks like the GPS NPL team and Valeo are candidates for top team in the age group. Who else is in the running?

Comment

Some thoughts

Haven't seen Valeo play yet but saw a good portion of the Stars Cup, and a fair number of early season NPL games. From the teams that I have seen, GPS NPL is by far the top boys U13 team, with PTUSA and NEFC solid teams a notch below. Looking forward to catching some Valeo games.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Haven't seen Valeo play yet but saw a good portion of the Stars Cup, and a fair number of early season NPL games. From the teams that I have seen, GPS NPL is by far the top boys U13 team, with PTUSA and NEFC solid teams a notch below. Looking forward to catching some Valeo games.
        Valeo u12 defeated PTUSA u13 so they are in the discussion. I'd put them at the top actually.

Comment

Valeo U12 vs. U13

Valeo u12 defeated PTUSA u13 so they are in the discussion. I'd put them at the top actually.
          So Valeo U12 is better than Valeo U13?

Comment

Explosion won the U12 Open Cup and then have subsequently lost all their games in Maple, including to a U12 team. What happened?

Comment

Explosion won the U12 Open Cup and then have subsequently lost all their games in Maple, including to a U12 team. What happened?
              They played three really good teams.

Comment

Probably, meaning the U12's will be better as U13's then the Valeo U13's are. Are they better head to head? They have a game scheduled later in the season in Maple Blue U13 so we will see then.

Valeo U13 also has a girl and her U12 sibling. They could use some bona fide U13's in my opinion. Would lose badly to GPS NPL as they are.

Comment

Probably, meaning the U12's will be better as U13's then the Valeo U13's are. Are they better head to head? They have a game scheduled later in the season in Maple Blue U13 so we will see then.

Valeo U13 also has a girl and her U12 sibling. They could use some bona fide U13's in my opinion. Would lose badly to GPS NPL as they are.
                  NPL is overrated, remember they tied NEFC. If Valeo u13 had all there age eligible players, it wouldn't be close.

Comment

They are both undefeated in Maple blue. The u12s have a better GD after appently having played more a more difficult schedule.

Comment

There has been a lot of interesting conversation on this topic popping up in other threads (Best BU12, Global Premier, NEP/NPL, Valeo, etc...). Seems like a topic that people would like to discuss throughout the season. I figured a dedicated thread would make it easier to facilitate the conversation....
                      The cream of the Boy's U13's that seemed to have emerged this year is the GPS NPL B13 team. They are the result of a select group of boys that have been assembled from the GPS Massachusetts based Regional teams. I have caught a couple of their games at the Stars Cup last month and they are truly talented, from top to bottom.They are relentless, athletic players who seem to have a high soccer IQ and great vision. Individually, the team has a large nucleus of players who possess a very high skillset. this team can only get better as they continue to play with one another. NEFC in that same NPL division, is also quite good but GPS will be the team to watch.

Comment

NPL is overrated, remember they tied NEFC. If Valeo u13 had all there age eligible players, it wouldn't be close.
                        I saw some of the Valeo/Blazers B13 match last weekend (in Lancaster) and witnessed much of the same oh-hum soccer played by almost any club out there. Nothing really stood out in my opinion. The GPS NPL and NEFC NPL teams are a class apart for sure.

Comment

The cream of the Boy's U13's that seemed to have emerged this year is the GPS NPL B13 team. They are the result of a select group of boys that have been assembled from the GPS Massachusetts based Regional teams. I have caught a couple of their games at the Stars Cup last month and they are truly talented, from top to bottom.They are relentless, athletic players who seem to have a high soccer IQ and great vision. Individually, the team has a large nucleus of players who possess a very high skillset. this team can only get better as they continue to play with one another. NEFC in that same NPL division, is also quite good but GPS will be the team to watch.
                          Why hasn't GPS ventured out to play tougher competition in R1?
                          Only tough match was NEFC but they couldn't score. Lots of
                          pumping how great they are but little evidence to support the bluster.

Comment

Why hasn't GPS ventured out to play tougher competition in R1?
                            Only tough match was NEFC but they couldn't score. Lots of
                            pumping how great they are but little evidence to support the bluster.
                            Right. In a non GPS event.

Comment

The biggest asset of the GPS team is their athletic ability. They have a bunch of boys who have started their growth spurts at an early age.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X