They lost 7 or 8 teams apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I heard this years u14 boys are all left

Comment

That seems to be a lot. I wonder if they got the message.

Comment

Wow that is about 200,000 in revenue. That is a big hit, I wonder how they make up for that loss.

Comment

I heard this years u14 boys are all left
            Confusing message. Did they leave or are they all that's left? That's not much of a team even if they stayed, hardly a flag ship for a program

Comment

Confusing message. Did they leave or are they all that's left? That's not much of a team even if they stayed, hardly a flag ship for a program
              None could make another team so it made things easy.

Comment

None could make another team so it made things easy.
                I heard they lost U-11 boys team that is in the semi-finals of Andre cup. How could those parents be unhappy? There must be some serious issue in Galway that they keep losing multiple teams at every age group. Anybody know why this keeps happening.

Comment

I heard they lost U-11 boys team that is in the semi-finals of Andre cup. How could those parents be unhappy? There must be some serious issue in Galway that they keep losing multiple teams at every age group. Anybody know why this keeps happening.
                  If you have ever left a club you probably can come up with an explanation or two. If you are happy with the club that you are with and your kid has developed along with his/her team then you will not be able to come up with an answer.

Comment

If you have ever left a club you probably can come up with an explanation or two. If you are happy with the club that you are with and your kid has developed along with his/her team then you will not be able to come up with an answer.
                    Just seems that teams are leaving for different reasons than just the normal reasons. It looks like there are bigger problems than the norm. I was just trying to see if there was some more information on why this was happening to a club just 2 yrs ago was on the rise and now seems to be getting its last rights. I see some people were unhappy with coaches and some management decisions but it seems really widespread and not just a couple of unhappy parents it's boys and girls teams and younger and older teams.

Comment

Because ownership is narrow minded and disinterested in the wants and needs of the paying customer.

Comment

Just seems that teams are leaving for different reasons than just the normal reasons. It looks like there are bigger problems than the norm. I was just trying to see if there was some more information on why this was happening to a club just 2 yrs ago was on the rise and now seems to be getting its last rights. I see some people were unhappy with coaches and some management decisions but it seems really widespread and not just a couple of unhappy parents it's boys and girls teams and younger and older teams.
                        The demise was well underway 2 years ago, it was not rising at that point

Comment

What's really damning is the silence. Only 9 months ago Galway parents would be on here defending the club. Now? Nothing.

It seems even FA and GR have given up countering the negativity since the reality of tryouts finally set in.

Comment

What's really damning is the silence. Only 9 months ago Galway parents would be on here defending the club. Now? Nothing.

It seems even FA and GR have given up countering the negativity since the reality of tryouts finally set in.
                            Probably true but they should be defending their product and no parents sticking up for their kids club. How bad was the turnout and are they really going out of business?

Comment

Probably true but they should be defending their product and no parents sticking up for their kids club. How bad was the turnout and are they really going out of business?
                              Crickets

Comment

I heard Scorpions looking to buy the facility.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X