Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are not playing in ECNL or NPL it doesn't matter. NEP and maple are about the same now. It's the league for 2nd, 3rd and 4th teams.
    Ecnl??? Those breakers and stars teams can't beat maple teams. Go find your meds. Ecnl is going to fold. Waste of time and money.

Comment

You are right NEP and Maple are 2nd and 3rd teams. The funny part is that these 2nd and 3rd teams continually beat NPL teams.

Case in point, GU15 NEFC Central United (3rd team) beat MPS NPL twice in the last month, Bayside NPL, and had a very competitive game against Scorpions NPL. I'm sure there other examples as I know NEFC Premier has beaten these teams as well. The problem is that there are so many leagues that each league has just one or two good teams. Winning/Losing 4-0 isn't helping anyone. I wish these clubs would think more about the development of the players rather than their marketing on which teams are better. There are enough good teams between ECNL, NPL, Maple and NEP that they could create a great league where the best teams play each other. Or even have a couple of weekend friendlies against these teams where scores aren't posted online and it's just about having the best teams play each other. I know you WANT to believe that having your kids in NPL or ECNL means your kids team is so much better than the rest, however, in many cases it's just not true.
      Don't forget Kings FC is now in the house!

Comment

You are right NEP and Maple are 2nd and 3rd teams. The funny part is that these 2nd and 3rd teams continually beat NPL teams.

Case in point, GU15 NEFC Central United (3rd team) beat MPS NPL twice in the last month, Bayside NPL, and had a very competitive game against Scorpions NPL. I'm sure there other examples as I know NEFC Premier has beaten these teams as well. The problem is that there are so many leagues that each league has just one or two good teams. Winning/Losing 4-0 isn't helping anyone. I wish these clubs would think more about the development of the players rather than their marketing on which teams are better. There are enough good teams between ECNL, NPL, Maple and NEP that they could create a great league where the best teams play each other. Or even have a couple of weekend friendlies against these teams where scores aren't posted online and it's just about having the best teams play each other. I know you WANT to believe that having your kids in NPL or ECNL means your kids team is so much better than the rest, however, in many cases it's just not true.
        Few more examples... North shore United beat Scorps NPL. NEFC premier beat seacoast NPL, massapequa strikers, tie Yankee United NPL. NEFC NPL beat PDA, Virginia and Cleveland ECNL teams. ISA NPL beats CFC NPL. And btw, the whole northeast NPL league is made up of 2nd and 3rd teams. Would you like any more beatings?

Comment

You can bash all you want but the FACTS are that the USCS state cup has better teams across the board than USYSA state cup.

No one is saying their isn't a team or TEO that could compete but as a WHOLE tournament the USCS cup is a better quality.

Have fun watching

Comment

You can bash all you want but the FACTS are that the USCS state cup has better teams across the board than USYSA state cup.

No one is saying their isn't a team or TEO that could compete but as a WHOLE tournament the USCS cup is a better quality.

Have fun watching
            Feel better now...

Comment

State cup should be very interesting play this year.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X