Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can anyone stop the NEFC GU15 Elite team?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the beat goes on. In state or out of state, beating all teams.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      What happened to 8-0? and they scored??

Comment

Get over it already.

Comment

U-17s. After that, the cubbard is pretty bare.
          Cubbard? Youz needs a Dikshunary.

Comment

I am looking at this schedule and it doesn't look that competitive. Do you actually think that this is a competitive schedule? Will your child become a better player when she isn't being challenged? To go back to the original tread topic...no, nobody can stop NEFC if this is their path. And what are you trying to stop them from doing? Winning this league? Becoming champions of the world? Congrats. They are only 15. I hope they are developing and become better players/teammates/competitors along the way to superstardome. Get over yourselves.

Comment

I am looking at this schedule and it doesn't look that competitive. Do you actually think that this is a competitive schedule? Will your child become a better player when she isn't being challenged? To go back to the original tread topic...no, nobody can stop NEFC if this is their path. And what are you trying to stop them from doing? Winning this league? Becoming champions of the world? Congrats. They are only 15. I hope they are developing and become better players/teammates/competitors along the way to superstardome. Get over yourselves.
              welcome to the NPL, baby. This actually looks better than their schedule last year. I'd argue, however, that the ECNL equivalent in the Northeast isn't much better. A few good teams in each, nothing for either group to crow over.

Was the new NEFC goalie there yesterday? She was missing in NEFC tournament, and I hear she wasn't in Richmond either--there was a new goalie.

Comment

welcome to the NPL, baby. This actually looks better than their schedule last year. I'd argue, however, that the ECNL equivalent in the Northeast isn't much better. A few good teams in each, nothing for either group to crow over.

Was the new NEFC goalie there yesterday? She was missing in NEFC tournament, and I hear she wasn't in Richmond either--there was a new goalie.
                True about the Northeast for ECNL a well, but the more broad league for ECNL reaching to NY/NJ/PA helps with that a bunch. This is why I don't understand people poo-pooing travel and the impact that it has on player development. The benefit of playing top competition becomes more and more clear, especially once you hit U18. Imaging facing a team that has players signed to play at UNC, UVA, Duke, BC, Stanford, Notre Dame, etc., etc. You are facing the best of the best. That can really tell you how you will do facing off against top college competition if that is the route your daughter takes. It is really amazing and a great opportunity to play against and watch these amazing girls on the field.

Comment

Unfortunately this isn't even unique to the top teams. My daughter is on a good team, not in the same category as NEFC Elite, and her team isn't being challenged with the current structure. She has one, maybe two, competitive games in NEP. Her team is pretty close to the top three teams in Maple (they would be competitive games) , as well as some of the NPL teams, and it would be great if they could play each other. I can see NEFC Elite traveling because they really are head and shoulders above most competition in New England, however, when a team that's in the 5-8 spectrum can't get sold competition, there's an issue with the structure.

Comment

True about the Northeast for ECNL a well, but the more broad league for ECNL reaching to NY/NJ/PA helps with that a bunch. This is why I don't understand people poo-pooing travel and the impact that it has on player development. The benefit of playing top competition becomes more and more clear, especially once you hit U18. Imaging facing a team that has players signed to play at UNC, UVA, Duke, BC, Stanford, Notre Dame, etc., etc. You are facing the best of the best. That can really tell you how you will do facing off against top college competition if that is the route your daughter takes. It is really amazing and a great opportunity to play against and watch these amazing girls on the field.
                    That's the thing. I think people would be ok IF these teams were traveling to play better competition. People "poo-poo" traveling to play mediocre competition. And that is what both ECNL and NPL teams are doing. Traveling to play mediocre teams for the most part. The new New England NPL seems to make a little more sense as teams are doing a little more local travel, but Northeast NPL seems a bit much. Besides the 2 PDA teams, name a team from NY, NJ, CT, PA in that league that is better than the teams here? Stars beat Continental FC 10-0!!! Traveling to PA to do that???? How does that make any sense? There are at least 10 to 15 teams here in New England that would have given them a better game than that!!!

Comment

No one is forced to join these teams that travel far and wide. To each their own.

Comment

No one is forced to join these teams that travel far and wide. To each their own.
                        But the alternatives aren't great either. The kids want to be on the top teams of their club and unfortunately the top teams are playing in these crazy travel leagues. The system is broken and the kids are paying in lost development and the parents are paying in cash.

Comment

Meanwhile, Stars ECNL lost 4-1 to Matchfit yesterday. What's up with that?

Comment

Cubbard? Youz needs a Dikshunary.
                            Cubbard definition - young poet....

Comment

But the alternatives aren't great either. The kids want to be on the top teams of their club and unfortunately the top teams are playing in these crazy travel leagues. The system is broken and the kids are paying in lost development and the parents are paying in cash.
                              Most of these teams shouldn't even need to travel, aside from NEFC Elite and Stars ECNL. MPS NPL, Scorpions NPL, and Bayside NPL all had competitive games against local teams in the last month. The problem is that parents are so hung up on A, B & C labels that god forbid an A team play a B team and it's actually competitive, so the clubs keep all these teams separated. The clubs need to do what's right for the players and stop this nonsense! Winning or losing by large margins serves no purpose, I would rather have my daughter lose a well fought game 1-0 than win a lopsided game 4-0. At least then I know that she's being pushed and getting better.

Comment

"Broken" did you say? For whom?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X