X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20% of soccer age group is top caliber by U13

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Blah, please dont let me throw out. Most of the kids were developed by other clubs. GPS just recruited them and put them together. No question- there are few very talented kids, but they will be gone next year and this team will be average. There is no training or development at GPS.Ask any other parent whose kid is not on NPL.
    My kid is on NPL and GPS trained for 3 years. It's very normal for your son to be on a second or third rate team by this age and that's fine. He'll do fine none the less in life, don't worry. Few can make it to the top, but they can still enjoy the game.

Comment

My kid is on NPL and GPS trained for 3 years. It's very normal for your son to be on a second or third rate team by this age and that's fine. He'll do fine none the less in life, don't worry. Few can make it to the top, but they can still enjoy the game.
      It took GPS 3 years to finally develop a quality team. Can't wait for another 3 years for the next gem because their current U12s are ****! Lol!

Comment

It took GPS 3 years to finally develop a quality team. Can't wait for another 3 years for the next gem because their current U12s are ****! Lol!
        Does it really matter "how long' or any other variable it takes to put together a really talented team with a high skillset? The same argument is getting so redundant. All soccer clubs, and for that matter, select hockey teams, AAU basketball and baseball teams put together a showcase all-star team to market their program. This is getting so old. The GPS NPL U13 team is very, very, very good and best of luck to them.

Comment

Does it really matter "how long' or any other variable it takes to put together a really talented team with a high skillset? The same argument is getting so redundant. All soccer clubs, and for that matter, select hockey teams, AAU basketball and baseball teams put together a showcase all-star team to market their program. This is getting so old. The GPS NPL U13 team is very, very, very good and best of luck to them.
          And BTW, not a GPS parent. Just felt I had to chime in, in this ridiculous debate.

Comment

Going through the same concept with my son's select hockey team. Play for the assembled U14 "Elite" program coached by a former NHL'er. What a flattering invitation, all about the hockey program and the tournament wins. I see right through it, and so does everybody else. Welcome to capitalism.

Comment

Good luck to all the teams!

Comment

Time for an update:

1) GPS-MA NPL
                2) NEFC Elite
                3) Aztecs
                4) Western United
                5) Mutiny
                6) Blazers
                7) Stars NPL
                8) PTUSA
                9) Valeo
                10) FC Mass
                Any of these teams play yesterday? There must have been turf fields somewhere.

Comment

Stars NPL 0-0 Western United
                  Aztecs 1-5 GPS ME

Comment

PTUSA 6 Middlsex Phantoms 0
                    Blazers 6 Galway 0

Comment

Blazers 6 Galway 0
                      Phantoms and Galway are in top division???? I've been a supporter of Maple but that's ridiculous. Of course not much parity in NEP either. The US is producing far more mediocre soccer players than ever before and league explosion is the culprit.

Comment

Phantoms and Galway are in top division???? I've been a supporter of Maple but that's ridiculous. Of course not much parity in NEP either. The US is producing far more mediocre soccer players than ever before and league explosion is the culprit.
                        It was stupid of Maple to move up these teams. Explosion and Strikers are much better and stronger . If your team wants to play in Blue - you need to beat a team from blue in playoffs.

Look what you DONE , 6-0,6-0. Morons.

Comment

Blazers 6 Galway 0
                          Since MAPLE has a maximum GD of 6, were these games even worse than what is posted?

Comment

Since MAPLE has a maximum GD of 6, were these games even worse than what is posted?
                            First game was 1-0 at half. Better team became dominant and scored good goals in 2 nd half

Comment

First game was 1-0 at half. Better team became dominant and scored good goals in 2 nd half
                              PT -Phantoms game was 6-0 and was not as bad as score indicated. Sometimes a team has to adjust to playing better teams. I expect that team to get better results going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by unregistered View Post
                                pt -phantoms game was 6-0 and was not as bad as score indicated. Sometimes a team has to adjust to playing better teams. I expect that team to get better results going forward.
                                phantoms dont stand a chance in blue

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X