Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Time will tell but NEFC actually has quite a few teams that are just a rung or two below the quality of their U15 team. Most of their teams at least rank somewhere in the top 5 in the state and generally are considered to be amongst the strongest contenders in the region in their respective age groups. That is a far cry from what the Scorpions had surrounding their great team.
    Thank you so much BTNT. Now which Scorps team was outside the top 5 in the state?

Comment

You don't get it then! My baby is a D1 stud. She can take a year off, and still be one of the best players on the field, and coaches don't care about anything else. I figured that out in the whole process of being recruited. If they can't get her into shape, then they should be fired. It is D1! I expect a lot more from the coach. Plus she deserves to let her hair down a little, and enjoy what she earned. We've been working for this for 10 years, and she will only be 18 once. We are going to enjoy the prom, and all the senior activities over the next 3 months, and be playing and practicing till she graduates. Take a step back for a while. This will be the last time she gets to spend time with her friends before they all go to college. We will start back up right after our last family vacation to the Island, and July 4th. I want to remember these days, and if you think about it, this is what we've worked for. Maybe you shouldn't be such a stick in the mud, and let your kid have fun for a change. The coach isn't looking for a replacement for her, because he gave her a lot of money and we signed a contract. They can't take it from us. They should be careful, because we will just transfer to one of the other schools that wanted her. Don't forget the college season goes later than HS, and then the college tournament. She might be playing till almost Christmas, and she will get burnt out if she has to start now. I feel bad for all the non scholarship players that have to keep working for a crumb. Good luck to them. I hope it works out for them, but we have earned the break.
      And don't forget that if your daughter is on a top team chances are they'll have training right through July in preparation for regionals and nationals.

Comment

And don't forget that if your daughter is on a top team chances are they'll have training right through July in preparation for regionals and nationals.
        I hope that you are not seriously thinking that the 2-3 practices a week your kid will get through that team is going to be enough. You are talking like someone who doesn't train for a marathon and then goes out and tries to run one. Those are who fill the emergency tents. Man is your kid in for a surprise.

Comment

Ok...let's post all the Nefc Jefferson Cup standings...Nefc U16 Elite came in 6th place in the top bracket, Nefc U17 Elite came in 6th place in the third bracket!

Nefc U18 Elite team went to Las Vegas and came in 2nd place in the second bracket (FYI....no Ecnl teams in Vegas)
          If you looked at the brackets you would have seen that the NEFC U18's played in the top bracket for the tournament. The bracket above them was the NL games. Had nothing to do with the tournament, JS. and I do believe there was a few ECNL teams there seeing that the U18's tied one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X