Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not enough tried out for Thorns to post U15/U17 selections???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am sure they are all really sad about not playing quality teams such as Crossfire Oregon, FC Portland, Nova, Utah Avalanche, etc...
    Reign & XF Premier send their ‘A’ players to DA and the ‘B’ teamers match up well with the teams you listed. Actually benefiting the US Club league, very kind of US Soccer and the Premier clubs to move on.

Comment

Considering the average restart time after a goal is 2-3 minute, that’s about 30 mins of standing around watching the other team celebrate per game.
      GDA = B league

Comment

GDA = B league
        If true, that makes ECNL C or D league. Ouch!

Comment

GDA = B league
          That is true. ECNL is probably a B or B- league as well.

Prior to US Soccer screwing things up, we did arguably have an A league with ECNL.

Although it was an expensive A league, it was the top league. US Soccer could have helped by figure ways to reduce cost and be more inclusive then to just form a new league. I get the Thorns are subsidized for DA, but that is not the case for all clubs. Also, the subsidy with the Thorns may only be with the top 2 age groups. The other age groups pay full price.

Comment

Prior to US Soccer screwing things up, we did arguably have an A league with ECNL.

Although it was an expensive A league, it was the top league. US Soccer could have helped by figure ways to reduce cost and be more inclusive then to just form a new league. I get the Thorns are subsidized for DA, but that is not the case for all clubs. Also, the subsidy with the Thorns may only be with the top 2 age groups. The other age groups pay full price.
            US soccer is embarrassed because the girls have been great and men have been awful. So they are bringing their brand of bad soccer to the girls side to bring them down to the low levels of US men.

Comment

All age groups pay the same

Comment

Reign & XF Premier send their ‘A’ players to DA and the ‘B’ teamers match up well with the teams you listed. Actually benefiting the US Club league, very kind of US Soccer and the Premier clubs to move on.
                Didn’t Seattle United pull out of GDA partnership with the Reign Academy? What’s going on there?

Comment

I'm only speculating that Seattle United was tired of producing the lion's share of players in that partnership. What resulted was similar but on a larger scale than thusc and crossfire Oregon. Is thusc still a club? I remember when they were top in 5/8 age groups.

The DA has its appeal but it wasn't worth the dominance Seattle united had or was going to have over their competition. They were the only ones who could have pushed crossfire Redmond at every age group.

Now they are equal to their nearest competition out of sheer loss of players.

The DA should know that at any point their league could go sideways. The clubs who are affiliated could collectively agree to pull out of the league and the league would risk collapse. I don't think their ideas are bad but their approach is atrorcious. Copying the Ecnl marketing strategy and claiming college commits off the backs of other clubs. (Much like the Ecnl clubs did before that) really surprised me. One of the things that keeps coming up is what canopy with what logo are the parents going to have the hoist up each weekend.

In all of this you are starting to see a deterioration of talent in Ecnl while other clubs have removed themselves from playing in the DA on the other side. They both operate on claiming they are the best even before they even started.

Meanwhile US Yourh soccer with their promotion relegation system using leagues and tournaments to have a national league that any affiliated team can go for. It's the weakest of the 3 only because they don't know how to market and communicate. The moment someone finds a way to run the state association and regional structure they could sweep back over. Especially with the crap storm that is happening now. The top teams that compete in each of the three programs could beat each other and in the end it's the same damn clubs playing each other.

What is interesting is that clubs are losing credibility, money, structure, chasing league acronyms and being told where the talent is at that they've lost their business balls and don't even know what standing up for themselves looks like minus one nationally ranked club in Texas who took offense to the initial DA arrogance parade.

If Southern California decided to play only Southern California teams, they would be better than it is now. If Oregon decided to play just Oregon teams then they would be better and the state would be better. As the DA who is supposed to be anti pay to play and all about the game and inclusion...are creating leagues where teams fly 4 hours to play a team that isn't worth their time, expense, or development. You immediately can only cater to clubs who are charging 10-20k a year already while promoting smaller wannabe clubs to jack up their costs to look like they fit in when everyone around them spends more.

Comment

I'm only speculating that Seattle United was tired of producing the lion's share of players in that partnership. What resulted was similar but on a larger scale than thusc and crossfire Oregon. Is thusc still a club? I remember when they were top in 5/8 age groups.

The DA has its appeal but it wasn't worth the dominance Seattle united had or was going to have over their competition. They were the only ones who could have pushed crossfire Redmond at every age group.

Now they are equal to their nearest competition out of sheer loss of players.

The DA should know that at any point their league could go sideways. The clubs who are affiliated could collectively agree to pull out of the league and the league would risk collapse. I don't think their ideas are bad but their approach is atrorcious. Copying the Ecnl marketing strategy and claiming college commits off the backs of other clubs. (Much like the Ecnl clubs did before that) really surprised me. One of the things that keeps coming up is what canopy with what logo are the parents going to have the hoist up each weekend.

In all of this you are starting to see a deterioration of talent in Ecnl while other clubs have removed themselves from playing in the DA on the other side. They both operate on claiming they are the best even before they even started.

Meanwhile US Yourh soccer with their promotion relegation system using leagues and tournaments to have a national league that any affiliated team can go for. It's the weakest of the 3 only because they don't know how to market and communicate. The moment someone finds a way to run the state association and regional structure they could sweep back over. Especially with the crap storm that is happening now. The top teams that compete in each of the three programs could beat each other and in the end it's the same damn clubs playing each other.

What is interesting is that clubs are losing credibility, money, structure, chasing league acronyms and being told where the talent is at that they've lost their business balls and don't even know what standing up for themselves looks like minus one nationally ranked club in Texas who took offense to the initial DA arrogance parade.

If Southern California decided to play only Southern California teams, they would be better than it is now. If Oregon decided to play just Oregon teams then they would be better and the state would be better. As the DA who is supposed to be anti pay to play and all about the game and inclusion...are creating leagues where teams fly 4 hours to play a team that isn't worth their time, expense, or development. You immediately can only cater to clubs who are charging 10-20k a year already while promoting smaller wannabe clubs to jack up their costs to look like they fit in when everyone around them spends more.
                    I am very cynical and crabby about most of the opinions posted here but have to concede this is a rare good post.

Comment

Didn’t Seattle United pull out of GDA partnership with the Reign Academy? What’s going on there?
                      Yes they have. SU saw the writing on the wall for GDA and bailed already. Reign can't make it on their own and will probably fold come the end of the season.

Comment

GDA has been very disappointing. Flying to play awful teams like Burlingame and PSV Union is a giant waste of time and money. Yes it’s fun to lay 8-12 goals on a tram but it doesn’t make you a better soccer player.

Comment

GDA has been very disappointing. Flying to play awful teams like Burlingame and PSV Union is a giant waste of time and money. Yes it’s fun to lay 8-12 goals on a tram but it doesn’t make you a better soccer player.
                          Last few years clubs like XF P & Real Colorado said the same thing about flying to Portland to score even more goals vs CU & FC P. They left that league behind and moved up to the US Soccer DA, allowing 'B' teams to come visit Portlandia.

Comment

Will GDA last another year?

Comment

If US Soccer folds then the DA might not be around. It's like asking will the congress and senate be around another year. You are a tool.

Comment

Great question. They’ve done such an awful job. I don’t see any good reason for them to stick around.

If I had to put money on it I would bet no.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X