Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This team will keep losing until they get real coach that knows what they are doing and knows how to recruit
    To be fair, I believe the coach came in AFTER the recruiting class was named. She is essentially playing the hand she was dealt. We'll know next year (and the year after, if she is given that long) what kind of recruiter this staff is at that point.

(I assume all of the players MN recruited for 2017 stayed - I imagine with a coaching change they could have been released and free to transfer if they desired).

Now there is plenty of evidence that the coach didn't do anything positive with the "cards" she had. One can argue that she was over her head. I attended the last game and still don't know how they gave up 3 goals in the last 6 minutes. GM, on the whole, was the better team but didn't capitalize on their chances early while URI scored on their limited chances.

Much of it is mental - once the 1st goal went in, I can only imagine the attitude was "here we go again" - It was mental... (and physical with limited substitutions) they let down. The URI keeper barely moved on the game-winner...

There is too much panic in their game... no thoughts of possession or control.... sort of a "kick and hope" approach.

Seems like there is a little unrest on that team... we'll see what the future holds.

Comment

To be fair, I believe the coach came in AFTER the recruiting class was named. She is essentially playing the hand she was dealt. We'll know next year (and the year after, if she is given that long) what kind of recruiter this staff is at that point.

(I assume all of the players MN recruited for 2017 stayed - I imagine with a coaching change they could have been released and free to transfer if they desired).

Now there is plenty of evidence that the coach didn't do anything positive with the "cards" she had. One can argue that she was over her head. I attended the last game and still don't know how they gave up 3 goals in the last 6 minutes. GM, on the whole, was the better team but didn't capitalize on their chances early while URI scored on their limited chances.

Much of it is mental - once the 1st goal went in, I can only imagine the attitude was "here we go again" - It was mental... (and physical with limited substitutions) they let down. The URI keeper barely moved on the game-winner...

There is too much panic in their game... no thoughts of possession or control.... sort of a "kick and hope" approach.

Seems like there is a little unrest on that team... we'll see whatM the future holds.
      Your first point is the most important. The entire team was recruited by MN. Current coach can only do so much with poor players who don’t belong at D1 level. MN was on the verge of getting fired so he ran and hid taking a 2nd assistant job at Ohio State.

Comment

Hopefully AD makes some changes this team lacked coaching and senior leadership. Can only go up from here . I think M J would do better with out GC he is a headcase , sorry to see MK left he was only one that knew what he was doing .

Comment

Hopefully AD makes some changes this team lacked coaching and senior leadership. Can only go up from here . I think M J would do better with out GC he is a headcase , sorry to see MK left he was only one that knew what he was doing .
          Just ask him. He'll be the first to tell you he is the only one who knows what he's doing.

Comment

Your first point is the most important. The entire team was recruited by MN. Current coach can only do so much with poor players who don’t belong at D1 level. MN was on the verge of getting fired so he ran and hid taking a 2nd assistant job at Ohio State.
            Could be a long season again; blew lead late to UNH and then gave up lead to Bryant. No RI players in current freshmen cohort (and the Iceland pipeline seems to have ended).

Comment

Good to see this thread is up and running again!

Comment

Bad home loss to a bad Wagner team tonight.

Comment

and the score should have been worse!

Comment

MN set URI back years with terrible recruiting.

Comment

MN set URI back years with terrible recruiting.
                      Looks even worse when the men are 4-0 with 4 shutouts, including over Penn State...and the mens side are doing it with a boatload of underclassmen, including a few RI kids.

Comment

any openings?

any transfers available for next year?

Comment

is there talent on the roster to work with?

Comment

is there talent on the roster to work with?
                            This is her first recruiting class. Of the five girls brought in, three are seeing regular time. This is not going to be a quick turn around. She will need to continue to recruit the players that fit her vision (whatever that may be) and undo the damage that MN did. The only question is whether she will be given enough time to do so.

Comment

Just face it program is doomed plenty of talent MJ can’t coach

Comment

They've committed seven 2019's from Ma and NJ.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X