Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NYSC new facility

NYSC going to build a bubble facility. Full boys DA is next.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Ouch, their U14 just lost 11-0 recently to NYCFC.

DA already has too many clubs and needs to pare back locally.

Comment

Ouch, their U14 just lost 11-0 recently to NYCFC.

DA already has too many clubs and needs to pare back locally.
      No you don't understand the landscape - USSF is all about trying to smash the competition (ECNL). One way to accomplish that is to grab market share. They'll keep adding clubs (in fact did already with the U12 expansion) and will continue to do so on both the boys and girls side in the next few years

Comment

It would be great if they did ... at the moment there's only the Mt. Vernon Underdome for others to rent.

BUT ... I've been hearing rumours about them building fields for years now. Where did you find out? And are you sure it isn't the Hackley school that is doing this?

Comment

No you don't understand the landscape - USSF is all about trying to smash the competition (ECNL). One way to accomplish that is to grab market share. They'll keep adding clubs (in fact did already with the U12 expansion) and will continue to do so on both the boys and girls side in the next few years
          You think thats what USSF is thinking about? Smashing ECNL? If so that's sad.

Comment

The Boys DA was about consolidating talent into a single league, which by it's very nature "smashes" the various existing premier leagues. The Girls DA is no different. The main practical difference is that ECNL is a far stronger product than anything that existed on the boys side when the Boys DA was formed so the Girls DA has to work harder to woo over the clubs/players which is why there is a "war" between the two now.

Comment

Yes. They want ECNL gone. They want to call the shots for the top 100 players they care about. They don't care about the other few thousand players they're trying to suck into the system to pay for it all, the chaos it causes, the dilution of talent. It's as plain as day.

Comment

Ignorant question: How long as NYSC been around? TIA.

Comment

only about 8 years. They are the upstart that has shaken FCW up, which had rested on its 20 year reputation.

Comment

only about 8 years. They are the upstart that has shaken FCW up, which had rested on its 20 year reputation.
                    Thanks. I asked because I ran across a SUSA's Alber tweet. Apparently he's pissed a "start up club" got the GDA, and not one who offered free tuition to all GDA participants. I'm assuming the former is Long Island SC and the latter is SUSA. Check it out: @ISAGirlsNY

Comment

Lots of questionable club picks for GDA. But there's plenty of boys clubs that don't belong either. One of the biggest flaws of DA is it's far too big, so by necessity USSF has to allow in mediocre clubs. I'm, not saying NYSC is one of them - I think they're quite good - but no matter what, all this is doing is diluting talent and resources.

Comment

Thanks. I asked because I ran across a SUSA's Alber tweet. Apparently he's pissed a "start up club" got the GDA, and not one who offered free tuition to all GDA participants. I'm assuming the former is Long Island SC and the latter is SUSA. Check it out: @ISAGirlsNY
                        He sold his organization at a hefty profit to a big for-profit enterprise so he's the last one to be complaining about anything concerning money.

Besides, there is no such thing as "free" tuition. "free" just means that the other paying customers are paying extra.

Comment

Why can't they still offer free tuition if that is important? I am sure SUSA could look around and find worthy candidates to sponsor as DA players.

Comment

He sold his organization at a hefty profit to a big for-profit enterprise so he's the last one to be complaining about anything concerning money.

Besides, there is no such thing as "free" tuition. "free" just means that the other paying customers are paying extra.
                            Lots of shenanigans at play. It was first given to East Meadow, then somehow EM gave it to LI SC. Question is how did that happen, and where's the transparency in giving it to a non-existent club?

Comment

The FURY gda has been club for at least a few weeks. Get your checkbooks ready and go play there.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X