Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    As the poster said their boys program is solid. The girls is terrible.
    Nah, FSA ECNL girls U18s, U16s, U14s better than CFC. FSA ECNL boys better than CFC at every age group. Facilities not comparable. FSA the better club.

OW a distant 3rd.

Comment

Nah, FSA ECNL girls U18s, U16s, U14s better than CFC. FSA ECNL boys better than CFC at every age group. Facilities not comparable. FSA the better club.

OW a distant 3rd.
      Ok Fan boy. They aren’t as far as ECNL Club points are concerned on the girls side. It’s actually not even close

At least your kid can have CCSU to look forward to so there’s that

Comment

Ok Fan boy. They aren’t as far as ECNL Club points are concerned on the girls side. It’s actually not even close

At least your kid can have CCSU to look forward to so there’s that
        Yeah and CC is the AC at UHART ..... oh wait, she is smart enough not to take any of the FSA kids she "trained" there.

Comment

By far the best facilities in CT. As good as anything I have seen in the region. I have not seen the new CFC facility in Bethany yet. Serious question: how do they compare? Does CFC have room to expand? Impressed how FSA have grown their facility and kept the quality so high.

Comment

By far the best facilities in CT. As good as anything I have seen in the region. I have not seen the new CFC facility in Bethany yet. Serious question: how do they compare? Does CFC have room to expand? Impressed how FSA have grown their facility and kept the quality so high.
            fsa currently behind cfc as far as facility is concerned due to the fact that CFC is already a head by installing boards on their outdoor field. from what I can see, fsa not even entertaining that thought and for that, they will be left behind in the dust

Comment

fsa currently behind cfc as far as facility is concerned due to the fact that CFC is already a head by installing boards on their outdoor field. from what I can see, fsa not even entertaining that thought and for that, they will be left behind in the dust
              FSA cornhole league no where near as competitive as CFC

Comment

IMHO, FSA has the better facility at this point. I have been to both (my kid is with CFC).

FSA has 3 turf fields, and CFC will have 2. FSA has lights on the outdoor fields, CFC does not.
                FSA also has 1 grass field, and was adding 2/3 more grass fields when I was there last year.
                CFC has no grass fields and it is not clear at this point whether more land is available for additional outdoor fields or what CFC's plans are.

CFC facility has two large indoor fields, and each can accommodate a 9 v 9 game. FSA also has a nice indoor facility, but not sure of the size of the fields. I know they host some small sided tournaments over the winter.

Parking at CFC is tight in the front, with plenty of room in the back. FSA parking has been discussed/criticized often on TS, but I never found it a problem.

FSA has a snack bars both indoors and outdoors. CFC has vending machines indoors.

Comment

CFC has 3 teams in the CHAMPIONS league in seattle. FSA has 1 and it was probably their 1st and last team to make the CHAMPIONS league. CFC has a much better college placement list. Please don’t compare the clubs on the girls side.

Comment

CFC has 3 teams in the CHAMPIONS league in seattle. FSA has 1 and it was probably their 1st and last team to make the CHAMPIONS league. CFC has a much better college placement list. Please don’t compare the clubs on the girls side.
                    Here is the breakdown slappy:

1 point for CFC better on girls side
                    1 point for CFC better college placement
                    1 point for FSA better on boys side
                    1 point for FSA better facility

Tie breaker for better food goes to FSA

Comment

fsa poor parking -1

Comment

Probably should have paid a little more attention to coaches on ECNL side and maybe not put in new fields .... could have used money to attract some quality girls coaches.

Comment

CFC has better slip and slide

Comment

Deciding factor has to be who has the hottest MILFs

Comment

I’m with CFC and you can’t debate that FSA has better facilities overall. CFC has a bit larger indoor fields, that’s a fact that can be easily checked, but in terms of outdoor fields it’s FSA by a landslide. Sheer volume of fields, lights, grass and turf...it’s a very impressive setup. Parking at both is simply a small nuisance, as it is at any facility I’ve been to in the region.

CFC girls side is definitely better currently, not much of a debate. FSA boys side is currently better, again no debate. On the boys side, CFC will definitely get much stronger year over year. They’re still figuring it out with the boys ECNL being only a year old. FSA had already aggregated their best talent on the boys side...the top teams already existed, had been playing together and simply changed the patch. With CFC things were more complicated, the best talent wasn’t aggregated up to their boys ECNL teams last year, talent was split and spread out among branches (too many branches could clearly be argued). The NPL teams were all way up in the North of the state (playing mostly out of Enfield/E Windsor). A lot of those players did not want to come all the way down to Bethany for year one. Things will change on the boys side and quality will continue to improve, also players coming from outside the CFC system will pay dividends as well.

Guess what, they’re both great clubs with great coaching and great facilities. I’m constantly baffled by the venom and negativity on here coming from both sides. Is it that important to claim superiority on an anonymous board? Who really cares, if you’re kid is happy, growing as a player and loving the game, what else matters? Enjoy the time watching your kids play, it flies by.

Comment

I’m with CFC and you can’t debate that FSA has better facilities overall. CFC has a bit larger indoor fields, that’s a fact that can be easily checked, but in terms of outdoor fields it’s FSA by a landslide. Sheer volume of fields, lights, grass and turf...it’s a very impressive setup. Parking at both is simply a small nuisance, as it is at any facility I’ve been to in the region.

CFC girls side is definitely better currently, not much of a debate. FSA boys side is currently better, again no debate. On the boys side, CFC will definitely get much stronger year over year. They’re still figuring it out with the boys ECNL being only a year old. FSA had already aggregated their best talent on the boys side...the top teams already existed, had been playing together and simply changed the patch. With CFC things were more complicated, the best talent wasn’t aggregated up to their boys ECNL teams last year, talent was split and spread out among branches (too many branches could clearly be argued). The NPL teams were all way up in the North of the state (playing mostly out of Enfield/E Windsor). A lot of those players did not want to come all the way down to Bethany for year one. Things will change on the boys side and quality will continue to improve, also players coming from outside the CFC system will pay dividends as well.

Guess what, they’re both great clubs with great coaching and great facilities. I’m constantly baffled by the venom and negativity on here coming from both sides. Is it that important to claim superiority on an anonymous board? Who really cares, if you’re kid is happy, growing as a player and loving the game, what else matters? Enjoy the time watching your kids play, it flies by.
                                CFCU boys have existed for multiple years. You make it sound like it was their first year. They just don’t have the talent that FSA has

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X