Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    looks like Central boys and Bedford boys both made the semis a clear indication of who the top teams are.
    Yes I agree. I made the post a couple back about Hanover having a chance. But I was very wrong. I haven't seen Central play this year but it almost seems as though they were strategizing for the playoffs and the final in particular in a really turning it on right now because Hanover was pretty good and they obviously dominated.

Comment

Yes I agree. I made the post a couple back about Hanover having a chance. But I was very wrong. I haven't seen Central play this year but it almost seems as though they were strategizing for the playoffs and the final in particular in a really turning it on right now because Hanover was pretty good and they obviously dominated.
      I meant that Hanover was dominated by Central.

Comment

An all D1 Bedford/Central final for Boys and Girls would be interesting take on Finals. Not sure that's happened in some time.

And both teams have tough opponents today.

Comment

An all D1 Bedford/Central final for Boys and Girls would be interesting take on Finals. Not sure that's happened in some time.

And both teams have tough opponents today.
          While I would love to see it (I have ties to both programs) I don't see Bedford topping Londonderry tonight. I hope I'm wrong!

Comment

While I would love to see it (I have ties to both programs) I don't see Bedford topping Londonderry tonight. I hope I'm wrong!
            Girls - Londonderry pulled it out 5-4 in PK's vs Bedford.

Boys final on Saturday - bet the house on Bedford, they scored 3 goals in final 10 minutes of last game - will win decisively - bulldogs 5-1.

Comment

Stayed to watch game after Exeter girls game. Bedford girls outplayed Londonderry girls. Just couldn't finish. In the end a good game but hate pks.

Comment

Stayed to watch game after Exeter girls game. Bedford girls outplayed Londonderry girls. Just couldn't finish. In the end a good game but hate pks.
                Loser Exeter dad. Back to the DA rants.

Comment

Bedford owned the first 25 but the counter Londonderry scored was very impressive. 5 passes covering 60 yards and nice finish.

Overall Bedford was better but tough loss

Comment

Boys final on Saturday - bet the house on Bedford, they scored 3 goals in final 10 minutes of last game - will win decisively - bulldogs 5-1.
                    Bedford boys only beat a very average Concord team 2-0, while Central handily beat a very good Hanover team 4-0. Hopefully you live in a tent.

Comment

Bedford owned the first 25 but the counter Londonderry scored was very impressive. 5 passes covering 60 yards and nice finish.

Overall Bedford was better but tough loss
                      Londonderry scores first in the game and Bedford only scored on a pk.

Comment

Bedford boys only beat a very average Concord team 2-0, while Central handily beat a very good Hanover team 4-0. Hopefully you live in a tent.
                        Almost, Hanover is not a very good team. Concord goalie, their best player, kept them in the game.

Comment

I would say Bedford will win, but no wat 5-1...Central is a good team, but not sure how backup goalie is!

Comment

Londonderry scores first in the game and Bedford only scored on a pk.
                            What does that mean, "only scored on a PK"? Do they count less?

My impressions:

*Bedford was better than anticipated. But as the other poster mentioned, that Londonderry goal was slick.

*Bedford probably should've put the game away in the first 20 minutes. Londonderry barely had a sniff of possession and rarely got anywhere near Bedford's goal. They will rue their missed chances.

*Bedford, for me, got a break on two PK shouts - Their goal was created in the first 30 seconds of the second half on a clear foul. But, for me, it looked like foul was outside the box and she fell into it. 10 minutes later, what I thought was a handball by a Bedford defender was waved off. Londonderry gets both those calls and it's chalked up to at least a 2-0 win and the story is written differently.

*#4 on Bedford was far and away the most dangerous player out there. She was a handful and everything went through her. Problem is, she's small and got beat up (I mean that literally) and tired herself out. Great player.

*I'm not one to pick on the refs, but she swallowed her whistle in OT and let some pretty blatant fouls go. One in particular (when #4 was hurt and never looked to recover) was the worst non-call I can recall seeing. I don't watch a lot of HS soccer, but if that's a sampling of what you get I can see why some clubs discourage playing it. I hope that isn't the case.

*Game came down to Londonderry pushing one PK off frame, and Bedford's keeper pushing it into the side webbing.

*Can't really say one team deserved it more than other. Bedford held possession and opportunities, but Londonderry was more dangerous when they did create chances.

Comment

My impressions:

*Bedford was better than anticipated. But as the other poster mentioned, that Londonderry goal was slick.

*Bedford probably should've put the game away in the first 20 minutes. Londonderry barely had a sniff of possession and rarely got anywhere near Bedford's goal. They will rue their missed chances.

*Bedford, for me, got a break on two PK shouts - Their goal was created in the first 30 seconds of the second half on a clear foul. But, for me, it looked like foul was outside the box and she fell into it. 10 minutes later, what I thought was a handball by a Bedford defender was waved off. Londonderry gets both those calls and it's chalked up to at least a 2-0 win and the story is written differently.

*#4 on Bedford was far and away the most dangerous player out there. She was a handful and everything went through her. Problem is, she's small and got beat up (I mean that literally) and tired herself out. Great player.

*I'm not one to pick on the refs, but she swallowed her whistle in OT and let some pretty blatant fouls go. One in particular (when #4 was hurt and never looked to recover) was the worst non-call I can recall seeing. I don't watch a lot of HS soccer, but if that's a sampling of what you get I can see why some clubs discourage playing it. I hope that isn't the case.

*Game came down to Londonderry pushing one PK off frame, and Bedford's keeper pushing it into the side webbing.

*Can't really say one team deserved it more than other. Bedford held possession and opportunities, but Londonderry was more dangerous when they did create chances.
                              very accurate assessment of game. and the ref's were better in this game than the previous girls semi. NHIAA needs to put better crews out there at this time of year. Contrary to popular belief they do exist. Just extremely rare.

Comment

My impressions:

I agree about the PK. I hate it when people give less credit to a goal scored by a PK. I personally saw many fouls that should have been called a PK this season. Just because a player doesn’t fall down doesn’t mean that a PK shouldn’t be called. A strong player on our team was repeatedly fouled in our games but the ref actually told one of our players that it was ok because that player “could take it”

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X