Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Yikes. Westchester to Suffolk County 4 days a week? That is a huge undertaking especially for a team that is not DA or ECNL badged.
    Crossing a river or the sound is asking for trouble if you want to have control over your driving time. Why not choose something that does not involve bridges or tunnels?

Comment

Yikes. Westchester to Suffolk County 4 days a week? That is a huge undertaking especially for a team that is not DA or ECNL badged.
      Here's an idea, if you don't think it's worth it.....THEN DON"T DO IT! Obviously there are people who DO think it's worth it. And being DA/ECNL is a non factor if people believe they will get the best training. There are a few programs with those badges that I would drive a long distance for and others I wouldn't cross the street for. Bottom line, to each his own. If they get tired of the commute and feel it's not worth it, they'll stop doing it. Pretty simple.

Comment

Here's an idea, if you don't think it's worth it.....THEN DON"T DO IT! Obviously there are people who DO think it's worth it. And being DA/ECNL is a non factor if people believe they will get the best training. There are a few programs with those badges that I would drive a long distance for and others I wouldn't cross the street for. Bottom line, to each his own. If they get tired of the commute and feel it's not worth it, they'll stop doing it. Pretty simple.

Oh it has no bearing on me at all because there's no way I could manage to get a kid to LI after school. But this is a forum for talking about programs so i think its perfectly valid to engage in conversation about why someone else feels it is worth driving that much to have their kid participate in a program that isn't a free MLS academy. Maybe they say oh they have coach so & so and theyre the best ever. Or maybe they say the kid loves barcelona so much they just want to be part of it for a year. Maybe they think all of the more local options are terrible. If we didn't yap about stupid stuff like that there'd not be that much to talk about. I mean this entire forum is basically adults talking about youth soccer programs.

Comment

Yes, training is important and the previous poster is accurate in that GDA and ECNL training varies greatly, with some programs being decent and others downright poor. But enduring such a commute has a toll on the child -- they will have less time for homework, after school activities, and hanging out with their friends. That is why the age is somewhat relevant -- it could be a recipe for burnout, and it they are too young, they may end up not wanting to continue at all.

Comment

KP facility will be open and running by the end of September or October. The supervisor on site confirmed. Haters hate away. #ForcaBarca
            Where in Kings Park?

Comment

Where in Kings Park?
              About a mile and a half north from the Middle Country Rd exit on the Sunken Meadow Pkwy. 140 Old Northport Rd in Kings Park to be exact.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X