Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS West caught cheating and disqualified from State Cup (again)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didn’t the Fire also have a team in that age group in the final 4? If so, I guess we know who initiated whatever happened to the GPS girls.
    Cape Coral initiated it. FYSA let it slip apparently

Comment

Just take a look at the GPS roster. The problem is fairly evident.

Comment

Just take a look at the GPS roster. The problem is fairly evident.
        What’s wrong with it? I know it’s a fun game to drag this out but just tell what he did to cheat? Player too old? Not on the original roster? What?

Comment

What’s wrong with it? I know it’s a fun game to drag this out but just tell what he did to cheat? Player too old? Not on the original roster? What?
          Probably best to wait for DF to come on here and explain it for purposes of accuracy.

Comment

Probably best to wait for DF to come on here and explain it for purposes of accuracy.
            You f**king Americans have added too many bloody rules to the beautiful game. It’s not like that back in England. Back home we can just add players to the roster even whilst they’ve already played in the competition for another team. It’s called poaching, I mean recruiting.

Comment

Player on roster that played for u19 team. Same player never played a state cup game with u18 team so all games played were won without “cheating”. Very sad the girls were disqualified through no fault of their own. They deserved to be playing this weekend.

Comment

Player on roster that played for u19 team. Same player never played a state cup game with u18 team so all games played were won without “cheating”. Very sad the girls were disqualified through no fault of their own. They deserved to be playing this weekend.
                Exactly right. Girls never played with that player or any illegal player. The issue was with u19 team.

Whatever local SWFL club director that reported it took an opportunity away from the girls. They want to hurt GPS but really only hurt the players that earned every victory. I hope this helps you keep your numbers up, Cape.....I mean "random SWFL club". If you only worked this hard on what you can offer the players.

Comment

Florida Fire calling other players, parents racial names. Verbally abusing the ref. What was that about. How did that investigation turned out?
                  I’m confused? What are you accusing Fire of doing?

Is this your way of deflecting off the actual topic? No one from Fire did this as most girls are still friends. However, you can’t keep coming on here saying excuses. Is it a stupid thing to DW you guys for? Yes. It’s very unfortunate for the girls. But you can’t excuse the ignorance of your club for not knowing the rules, or like your 2002 team not having another person on roster/your coach being belligerent and getting thrown out.

I don’t know anything about the 2004 girls thread, but it sounds like you were in the wrong there as well but trying to find a loophole in the system for it.

Comment

This is a bit confusing. Please clarify

Comment

Exactly right. Girls never played with that player or any illegal player. The issue was with u19 team.

Whatever local SWFL club director that reported it took an opportunity away from the girls. They want to hurt GPS but really only hurt the players that earned every victory. I hope this helps you keep your numbers up, Cape.....I mean "random SWFL club". If you only worked this hard on what you can offer the players.
                      I guess there was no cheating after all just a scorned Cape Coral director. Way to support SWFL Cape Coral. What decent coach would want to stay at that club after this? I bet they lose a few.

Comment

I guess there was no cheating after all just a scorned Cape Coral director. Way to support SWFL Cape Coral. What decent coach would want to stay at that club after this? I bet they lose a few.
                        GPS get out!

Comment

Unbelievable

I'm a GPS parent and I've been around soccer in this area for a long time. I'm friends with most of the "club leaders". I can't understand the lengths that some of these clubs are going to undermine the other clubs. At what point have you completely lost focus on what is good for the players? It's simple, if you have the best program at the age to which a players is playing, they will stay...PERIOD. If a player decides to leave...let them leave. Either it was the right move or they will be back next year. The extent that some club leaders are going to, to sabotage other club teams is down right disgraceful. Calling out poaching and cheating to cover up you own clubs shortcomings, or hurt feelings because you are losing players to another club...I just don't get it. In the matter of GPS, there was no poaching (those girl decided to leave on their own), no cheating (roster issue and a mistake make by the ref, could it have be avoided...maybe, but not illegal player played any minutes). If it make you feel good to smear other clubs, you do that. But don't be mad when it comes back to bite you.

We could have another team from SWFL in the final four.
                          I was cheering for the 04 Cape girls and the 04 Fire boys. I think it's fantastic that we are showing how good our small market area is. This is a big deal. We are not Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville. Our area has 2 State Cup champions in two years! Granted both are from GPS, but overall we have a good number reach the final four and the finals. But instead of supporting SWFL soccer and celebrating the success, some clubs would rather spend their time sabotaging other clubs. Shame on you!
                          There is really only a small population of people reading this blog. So, I don't care if it falls on deaf ears...Act like a grown up, be a leader and practice what you preach, try to remember "It's about the kids"...Those 00 GPS who have mad it to the semi's for 3 straight years only to be DQ'd on some irrelevant clerical roster issue will never get another chance to play for a State Cup. I hope you remember that. Let's teach our kids to play hard and you will get what you get...unless some DOC is pissed he's losing players and decides to make it his mission to undermine the past 8 years of hard work because of his ego...coward!

Comment

I'm a GPS parent and I've been around soccer in this area for a long time. I'm friends with most of the "club leaders". I can't understand the lengths that some of these clubs are going to undermine the other clubs. At what point have you completely lost focus on what is good for the players? It's simple, if you have the best program at the age to which a players is playing, they will stay...PERIOD. If a player decides to leave...let them leave. Either it was the right move or they will be back next year. The extent that some club leaders are going to, to sabotage other club teams is down right disgraceful. Calling out poaching and cheating to cover up you own clubs shortcomings, or hurt feelings because you are losing players to another club...I just don't get it. In the matter of GPS, there was no poaching (those girl decided to leave on their own), no cheating (roster issue and a mistake make by the ref, could it have be avoided...maybe, but not illegal player played any minutes). If it make you feel good to smear other clubs, you do that. But don't be mad when it comes back to bite you.

We could have another team from SWFL in the final four.
                            I was cheering for the 04 Cape girls and the 04 Fire boys. I think it's fantastic that we are showing how good our small market area is. This is a big deal. We are not Orlando, Tampa, Miami, Jacksonville. Our area has 2 State Cup champions in two years! Granted both are from GPS, but overall we have a good number reach the final four and the finals. But instead of supporting SWFL soccer and celebrating the success, some clubs would rather spend their time sabotaging other clubs. Shame on you!
                            There is really only a small population of people reading this blog. So, I don't care if it falls on deaf ears...Act like a grown up, be a leader and practice what you preach, try to remember "It's about the kids"...Those 00 GPS who have mad it to the semi's for 3 straight years only to be DQ'd on some irrelevant clerical roster issue will never get another chance to play for a State Cup. I hope you remember that. Let's teach our kids to play hard and you will get what you get...unless some DOC is pissed he's losing players and decides to make it his mission to undermine the past 8 years of hard work because of his ego...coward!
                            GPS get out!! Bye bye no sc for you;)

Comment

Every DA game report tells the minutes each player played. If FYSA did their jobs, we would know 100% if this was cheating or not. But the FYSA only knows who was on the roster and there's no way to tell if GPS is lying that this player never played or not.

Comment

Every DA game report tells the minutes each player played. If FYSA did their jobs, we would know 100% if this was cheating or not. But the FYSA only knows who was on the roster and there's no way to tell if GPS is lying that this player never played or not.
                                Please investigate. The player NEVER played.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X