Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    No reason to do it with older teen either to this stupid extent. Sparsely populated little Iceland which is about the size of NY state total but with very few people, qualified for the world cup. We have millions of children on planes, buses, cars, in hotels, missing school...spending thousands and thousands on travel not training, and our mens team did not qualify for the world cup.
    Many small countries with limited resources made it to the WC. Having a soccer culture, more free play, better coaching from the ground up, leadership that knows what it's doing, looking at soccer as a career path not a path to college....it all makes a difference.

Comment

No reason to do it with older teen either to this stupid extent. Sparsely populated little Iceland which is about the size of NY state total but with very few people, qualified for the world cup. We have millions of children on planes, buses, cars, in hotels, missing school...spending thousands and thousands on travel not training, and our mens team did not qualify for the world cup.
      Because the US soccer culture is one of exploiting parents ignorance for personal gain. Iceland is one of producing great players for national pride/success.

I guarantee you that whatever Club a player from Iceland comes from who "makes" it, everyone takes pleasure in his/her success. Here, parents pull kids down and begrudge kids with talent success.

Comment

"The ECNL has a playoff system where you have playoffs, then you have playoffs. Why do you have playoffs, then playoffs? It’s more money the parents have to spend.
        And I don’t like the ECNL model of three practices to two games. I think it’s wrong. I think the DA has it right, with four practices to one game. I think you’re getting too many injuries at the youth level with a three-to-two practice-game ratio. That’s something I would change immediately."

- Paul Riley, Head Coach North Carolina Courage.
        NWSL Champions. Maybe a guy that's worth listening to?

Comment

NWSL Champions. Maybe a guy that's worth listening to?
          Lol with all former ECNL players

Comment

So you think that because a few of those players played in ECNL 7-10 years ago that ECNL deserves the credit for what that team did this year? Typical ECNL.

Don't look back, look forward. Maybe Paul Riley is right about youth development in this country. It might help our players to listen to him and learn from him.

Best year of any professional team in NWSL since inception. Dominated the league and dominated Portland yesterday. Amazing season.

Comment

And I did also mention that I now run two DA clubs but when I used to run an ECNL club I promoted the ECNL.
              Or that he never has a trainer on site, plays at the cheapest facility he can rent with turf from the 1970’s, sometimes letting the visiting team know the day of the game the field site, rarely has corner flags or the required game ball. Or that he hires the cheapest coaching staff with NO quality to babysit his program that he rarely attends any of their events? He runs tournaments where 100% of the profit goes into his pocket and not back to the club to help with improvements. Albertson was a terrible situation in ECNL and will be in GDA. NC Courage (CASL) will be fine with or without him.

Comment

So you think that because a few of those players played in ECNL 7-10 years ago that ECNL deserves the credit for what that team did this year? Typical ECNL.

Don't look back, look forward. Maybe Paul Riley is right about youth development in this country. It might help our players to listen to him and learn from him.

Best year of any professional team in NWSL since inception. Dominated the league and dominated Portland yesterday. Amazing season.
                Lol dude won with former ECNL players, facts are facts!!!!!! Take your agebda elsevwhere u tool !

Comment

Who?

Most of the girls were in College in 2010 or earlier. Many of them are internationals. Ecnl started in mid 2009.

How exactly does ECNL have a big role in what the NC Courage did this season?

Comment

Who?

Most of the girls were in College in 2010 or earlier. Many of them are internationals. Ecnl started in mid 2009.

How exactly does ECNL have a big role in what the NC Courage did this season?
                    Stop talking sense. Youth soccer for girls is all about labels, not reality. Clubs falling over themselves to take credit for things that kids did. Its all one big marketing exercise.

Go watch your child play a few College games and then tell me about the quality. Forget NWSL payers who have been training in pro environments all over the world for years post Club.

Paul Riley is a good coach and a successful business man. He clearly knows the difference between making money and training successful PRO teams. Maybe some on this site should think about that

Comment

Stop talking sense. Youth soccer for girls is all about labels, not reality. Clubs falling over themselves to take credit for things that kids did. Its all one big marketing exercise.

Go watch your child play a few College games and then tell me about the quality. Forget NWSL payers who have been training in pro environments all over the world for years post Club.

Paul Riley is a good coach and a successful business man. He clearly knows the difference between making money and training successful PRO teams. Maybe some on this site should think about that
                      What does any of that have to with the GDA?

Comment

So your saying clubs shouldn't mention former players that are excelling at a higher level?
                        Just a question isn't it a youth clubs goal to develop players so they can move on to the next level? So why wouldn't a club talk about it? Do you want a club to say we never had good players come through here?
                        Isn't making money and training good teams come hand in hand? If you have good teams you'll make money. Ask the breakers about that.
                        Question how many people knew that that the Nwsl had there championship game already?
                        I know around here there was a big dust up when the breakers folded but is it bothering anyone now that their are gone.
                        They had a 1 in 9 chance to win it not to bad odds.
                        Back to the thread it self is encl playing to much and risking more injuries?
                        Maybe to some players but some players just get hurt all the time no matter how much they play. I look at it like a players soccer career is over by the time they are 22 for most. A lot they are done by 18. So your only playing soccer for 18 years give or take either way so you want to cut back on the amount of games played? Doesn't make sense again I'm not saying they should have a game every day but just let them play. Just look at it this way if a player has a bad game they have to wait a week to make up for it. if you play more games at least you get a chance to redeem yourself quicker.
                        When I was younger I would play every day either organized or pick up. I can't imagine my parents telling me stoping because you might injure yourself.
                        Also look at AAU basketball that is pretty much year round now and they play a ton of games in weekend is anyone complaining about that?

Comment

Why post if you're going to look foolish doing it?

So your saying clubs shouldn't mention former players that are excelling at a higher level?
                          Just a question isn't it a youth clubs goal to develop players so they can move on to the next level? So why wouldn't a club talk about it? Do you want a club to say we never had good players come through here?
                          Isn't making money and training good teams come hand in hand? If you have good teams you'll make money. Ask the breakers about that.
                          Question how many people knew that that the Nwsl had there championship game already?
                          I know around here there was a big dust up when the breakers folded but is it bothering anyone now that their are gone.
                          Maybe to some players but some players just get hurt all the time no matter how much they play. I look at it like a players soccer career is over by the time they are 22 for most. A lot they are done by 18. So your only playing soccer for 18 years give or take either way so you want to cut back on the amount of games played? Doesn't make sense again I'm not saying they should have a game every day but just let them play. Just look at it this way if a player has a bad game they have to wait a week to make up for it. if you play more games at least you get a chance to redeem yourself quicker.
                          When I was younger I would play every day either organized or pick up. I can't imagine my parents telling me stoping because you might injure yourself.
                          Also look at AAU basketball that is pretty much year round now and they play a ton of games in weekend is anyone complaining about that?

Comment

Preach, finally some actual truth on this useless forum!!

Comment

I was at a U13 game recently and a number of players on a team had knee injuries. The coach seemed to wear it as a badge of honor that he was going through ice packs like candy as he sent his ailing 13 year olds out on the pitch for a meaningless game. What a great mentor and caretaker. Unfortunately this knuckle dragging idiot won't be paying their medical bills. On the other hand the parents must've known and are complicit so they deserve the highest praise possible for their abject stupidity.

Comment

it all comes down to where you place the credit. I give players all the credit. Clubs seem to imply it has a lot to do with them. I believe that many kids would experience similar successes at any equivalent Club.

You dont get it really. Most of these Clubs are not developing players. They are just collections of fee paying families playing teams of variable quality. More tribal in nature than actual collective development.

That tribalism continues in College. Go watch some of the games and get back to me about player development.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X