Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Mmmmk? So, there is 1 or 2 kids that have seen some time with T2, that are academy kids. Your point is? BTW, one of those kids plays at Xavier, so you really shouldn't count him. The point that you are missing is that the Timbers Academy has failed (REPEATEDLY) to invest in youth soccer in this area, and to develop the talent. I know that it is not a priority for them, so that is why they haven't. I also know that instead of investing in youth soccer, they have profited off of youth soccer. TA should be so much more than they are, and the fact that people like you and others give them a free pass for not doing so is the problem. TA should aspire for more than mediocrity and apathy. Should change the initials from TA to MA.
    It’s pretty bad.

Comment

Not sure you understand Portland or even the Oregon talent pool it’s really quite sad the MLS forces this club to have it. What’s even more disappointing, Portland Timbers chose to try it here. It’s been a multi million dollar money pit for the Timbers, seriously I feel bad for MP wasting millions. The lucky locals chosen for the DA get it all paid for and get to play really exceptional MLS DA teams and some of the best clubs in the nation. They are giving the local youth the opportunity to do something they would never get at any local club and they pay for it. You might be the most clueless poster ever to grace this site. How many times were you beaned in baseball. God Bless you.
      Look in the mirror first to figure out clueless. MP is making a truck load of money off the backs of our local fans. Also has found a set of overzealous rich parents willing to pay out the azz just to say their little jimmy and johnny’s play for TA which covered the bulk of the youth costs. Also managed to hijack the running of oysa and has bilked money from there also to subsidize his operation. Do you really think the renovation and addition of more seats would be ongoing if he was not making money hand over fist??? You sir are clueless....

Comment

Week 3 and Week 4

Cleaning up last 2 weeks results:

Week 3 (last week):
        Crossfire - Capital
        07:
        06: 7-0 Xfire
        05: 3-2 Xfire

UPDX-Washington Timbers
        07: 6-4 WA_T
        06: 2-1 Updx
        05: 2-0 WA_T

FC- Westside
        07:
        06:
        05: 4-3 FC

06:
        05:

FC - Crossfire
        07: 3-2 FC
        06:
        05: 2-1 Xfire

Capital - Updx
        07:
        06:
        05:

Comment

Week 3 (last week):
          Crossfire - Capital
          07:

UPDX-Washington Timbers

FC- Westside
          07:
          06:

06:
          05:

FC - Crossfire
          06:

Capital - Updx
          07:
          06:
          05:
          06 Westside 1 Washington 0

Comment

Week 3 (last week):
            Crossfire - Capital
            07:

UPDX-Washington Timbers

FC- Westside
            07:
            06:

06:
            05:

FC - Crossfire
            06:

Capital - Updx
            07:
            06:
            05:
            06 crossfire wins 6-0 over FC

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2345765]06 crossfire wins 6-0 over FC[/QUOTE

07 United 2 - Capitol 5

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2345811]
                06 crossfire wins 6-0 over FC[/QUOTE

07 United 2 - Capitol 5
                wow, seems like Crossfire has the best academy?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2345973]

2nd best

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2345973]

fewest departures to the Big DA keeps them #1 forever.

The other clubs keep graduating kids to the Timbers.

Have a look at the HS ages when the Timbers send the locals back to their former clubs. Crossfire is not even in the discussion of being a contender with their untouched teams.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2346002]

fewest departures to the Big DA keeps them #1 forever.

The other clubs keep graduating kids to the Timbers.

Have a look at the HS ages when the Timbers send the locals back to their former clubs. Crossfire is not even in the discussion of being a contender with their untouched teams.
                      Easy there Westside. Didn't mean to ruffle your irrelevant feathers! I agree with you that back in the day, that used to be the case. However, those days are in the past and not relevant to the now. Looking at your 05 Boys in TA, they will come back and only add bad attitudes to your team. Sorry, but that is the truth. They did nothing for you 2 years ago, and you were a 4th to 5th place team with them. But by all means continue to hope that the past will come again. Lipstick on a pig...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2345993]

2nd best
                        Washington?

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2346008]

Washington?
                          Probably overall if you take the current three week results and/or results over the last three years. If I remember their ‘04’s in the inaugural season lost only one game and last year their ‘04’s ran away with it for a second year and their 05’s were top two.

At Crossfire Our 04/05/06 groups were/are good also but I don’t think we have as many wins.

Comment

Easy there Westside. Didn't mean to ruffle your irrelevant feathers! I agree with you that back in the day, that used to be the case. However, those days are in the past and not relevant to the now. Looking at your 05 Boys in TA, they will come back and only add bad attitudes to your team. Sorry, but that is the truth. They did nothing for you 2 years ago, and you were a 4th to 5th place team with them. But by all means continue to hope that the past will come again. Lipstick on a pig...

Given the 20+ kids at u12.u13 & u14 to the timbers da claiming you're the best of the leftovers, is the highest watermark you will ever reach. If that's all you can hang your hat on, hollow claims are understood. LOL.

Next.

Comment

Given the 20+ kids at u12.u13 & u14 to the timbers da claiming you're the best of the leftovers, is the highest watermark you will ever reach. If that's all you can hang your hat on, hollow claims are understood. LOL.

Next.

Comment

Next.
                                Clearly you are as dumb as your comments indicate. I have never claimed, nor do I feel the need to claim that my son is one of the best. My son plays soccer. Where, who've plays for, and why he plays are his choices. You see, I do not and will not ever try to live through my child's accomplishments. For that matter, I will also not try and cheat him out of earning whatever accolades he can, by playing politics. I love sports and KNOW the value they can bring to one's life. They teach a person how to work hard, prepare, deal with adversity and function as a team. My son (and I) are quite comfortable with his development as a human being. I hope you are with your son (assuming you have one?) as well. Having said all that, Westside is in trouble and we both know it. Whether you choose to acknowledge this or not, does not change that fact at all. Washington, FC and Crossfire have become the destination clubs for boys and girls that once upon a time might have chosen Westside. I am stating a fact. In my opinion, that is happening because Westside cannot evolve. They are stuck in the past. Kind of reminds me of Manchester United. Okay, feel free to clap back with some meaningless insult about my Son, or his team now! (I promise, I am laughing at you right now)

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X