Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Good opportunity to become a leader and be an example on how to work hard. Supporting your team and community. Yes the social aspect is important in development of middle schoolers.

You sound like an entitle jack****. You kid is not going D1 and playing on the national team. The sooner you realize this the better off she will be.
    As someone whose daughter is going to play D1, we did both middle school and club. Broke some land speed records too and she was a leader and a good teammate which helped her get to a competitive D1 program.

Comment

Was referring to the Club team.

We were put in a position where we had to put MS over her Club. We made it work somehow, and she only missed one Club practice. I had to break the land-speed record a few other times to make sure she was there. We won't be doing that again.

All for what? Social activity? To show off? Not worth it.
      Another poster who did the same - it was very hectic but I'm very glad we did it and stuck with it and didn't give up MS. Doing school sports has many benefits. You sound like the perfect parent for DA.

Comment

Another poster who did the same - it was very hectic but I'm very glad we did it and stuck with it and didn't give up MS. Doing school sports has many benefits. You sound like the perfect parent for DA.
        The separation that club and school sports have in soccer is crazy. I find it interesting that many "expert" club coaches won't coach high school or middle school soccer here in NH. Fall is a down time for club, so why not coach at the local HS or MS and offer the "superior" coaching to the kids in school? Then, if you connect well with the kids, they will come to your club.

You see many instances where coaches who WILL coach HS or MS end up with strong programs at those schools and the entire soccer community benefits.

However, then you see the club coach who never sets foot in a HS or MS program for fear of looking bad with some of the kids having sub par skills. This is telling. It illustrates how many of the club coaches are in it for themselves and only want to coach the top players rather than build the sport and kids skills.

Schools are willing to hire club coaches - we see it all the time. There are many schools in NH where club coaches are in the MS and HS. So why won't the club coaches do it?

The club coach is in a catch 22 regardless of their position on the topic. If they (the club coach) is such a better experience for the kids - then why not step to the plate and make the entire soccer community stronger by being a MS or HS coach.

Comment

Why the shot? We just found that one club we pay money for, one we don't. The club we played money for was a tad more understanding, the school we don't. In our situation, we could not make both happy. To see a 7th grader crying over so much stress she was put under by her school because she had to leave 10 minutes early wasn't worth it.

If that's a perfect candidate for DA, then OK then....

Comment

The separation that club and school sports have in soccer is crazy. I find it interesting that many "expert" club coaches won't coach high school or middle school soccer here in NH. Fall is a down time for club, so why not coach at the local HS or MS and offer the "superior" coaching to the kids in school? Then, if you connect well with the kids, they will come to your club.

You see many instances where coaches who WILL coach HS or MS end up with strong programs at those schools and the entire soccer community benefits.

However, then you see the club coach who never sets foot in a HS or MS program for fear of looking bad with some of the kids having sub par skills. This is telling. It illustrates how many of the club coaches are in it for themselves and only want to coach the top players rather than build the sport and kids skills.

Schools are willing to hire club coaches - we see it all the time. There are many schools in NH where club coaches are in the MS and HS. So why won't the club coaches do it?

The club coach is in a catch 22 regardless of their position on the topic. If they (the club coach) is such a better experience for the kids - then why not step to the plate and make the entire soccer community stronger by being a MS or HS coach.

Most middle schools don’t want to hire outside coaches. Many coaches I know have tried and the AD would rather have a maths teacher or a teacher that played in high school. I’m sorry, but I know where I’d want my kids playing for if they had the chance, a DA qualified coach or
            A teacher?

Comment

The separation that club and school sports have in soccer is crazy. I find it interesting that many "expert" club coaches won't coach high school or middle school soccer here in NH. Fall is a down time for club, so why not coach at the local HS or MS and offer the "superior" coaching to the kids in school?
              Not sure where you're getting that fall is a down time for club coaches. At my kid's club at the middle school level, especially, coaches have a full schedule of teams, as most club players either only play club or play both club and MS. Many of the coaches at the high school age level at this club also coach teams of younger players or pick up skills clinics, some are in charge of 2-3 tournaments, some are even part time coaches, so have regular jobs. It's not as if these coaches are just sitting around all fall waiting for the MS & HS seasons to wind down. My kid's club also does a lot of community outreach, with coaches running clinics at elementary schools and with local travel clubs. Yes, this is mostly at the younger ages, but it seems that is the most important time for kids to be exposed to "superior" coaching, as you called it.

Comment

Many of the PT coaches from are club actually are on College staffs or coach in HS.

Not sure what the "Coach" with his axe to grind meant by that shot. But, he's always off-base anyway to normally don't pay him much attention.

Comment

Many of the PT coaches from are club actually are on College staffs or coach in HS.

Not sure what the "Coach" with his axe to grind meant by that shot. But, he's always off-base anyway to normally don't pay him much attention.
                  Saw a high school scrimmage tonight where two club coaches were the varsity coaches. I know one also coaches youth & rec leagues as well...

There are plenty of club coaches coaching HS soccer. Middle school is another question altogether. Not to mention most middle school "AD's" have no admin experience either.

Comment

Saw a high school scrimmage tonight where two club coaches were the varsity coaches. I know one also coaches youth & rec leagues as well...

There are plenty of club coaches coaching HS soccer. Middle school is another question altogether. Not to mention most middle school "AD's" have no admin experience either.
                    FWIWI my D's club team coach coaches varsity soccer as well.

Comment

FWIWI my D's club team coach coaches varsity soccer as well.
                      Mine too. My daughter has a club coach for HS as well...

Comment

Season opens tomorrow... anyone going to any games?
                        What’s the latest on this?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                        Auto-Saved
                        x
                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                        x
                        Working...
                        X