Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wesley chapel whitest club in Tampa Bay

New to this area and we're a mixed race family. 3 kids that haven't been exposed to much blatant racism where we moved from.
    Part of the attraction to the area is the diversity. And Wesley chapel is such a vibrant area. How come they have only white coaches? And not much diversity on their social media postings and team photos?
    A local told me it was becoming more cosmopolitan. But apparently since Stuart campbell has been installed by Jennifer and Matt blevins (who aren't even directors or paid employees) they got rid of 6 coaches of color? This doesn't seem like reality?

Did they used to have more diversity?

Don't want my kid around racist coaches and boards as this just rolls down and next u know all coaches are friends on the good ole boys club....

Is Florida Premier the best for a diverse family?

WC has at least 2 African American female coaches
    I think they are sisters.
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    New to this area and we're a mixed race family. 3 kids that haven't been exposed to much blatant racism where we moved from.
    Part of the attraction to the area is the diversity. And Wesley chapel is such a vibrant area. How come they have only white coaches? And not much diversity on their social media postings and team photos?
    A local told me it was becoming more cosmopolitan. But apparently since Stuart campbell has been installed by Jennifer and Matt blevins (who aren't even directors or paid employees) they got rid of 6 coaches of color? This doesn't seem like reality?

Don't want my kid around racist coaches and boards as this just rolls down and next u know all coaches are friends on the good ole boys club....

Comment

Equal pay

WC has at least 2 African American female coaches
      I think they are sisters.
      The sisters have coached my kids and indeed are from TT I believe and amazing coaches.

True over last 3 years the rest of coaches of color have been replaced with friends of SC or Jennifer Blevins...
      And as anyone can see. They don't have many friends of color. Whitest board in all of Tampa Bay. Weird for this area.
      They pay the lovely ladies half what white coaches like matt blevins etc.
      Wonder if they will disclose their pay structure and compare.

But to the concerned parent. Your correct to be concerned.

Comment

Haven't been inside the club so I cant speak to institutional racism there... but the area and the parents still have a lot of good ol boy pasco county vibe (think the trailer parks that used to be on COPS in the 90s).

Comment

MM &. MM are 2 of the best coaches and developers of kids at our club.

I don't know much else as my daughter is on a team with MM as coach and we have had a wonderful experience.

Comment

Wesley chapel sporting

I was there 2 years ago and was a few black coaches back then. All seemed pretty good and the club was growing. Not sure how it is now as on their few different websites but they don't have coaches lists or photos of their teams or coaching staff. They seem to post a lot of stuart campbell and his kids and his own private clinic for camps. Seems unusual as they used to have great coaches list and website had photos. Even their Facebook looks to be shut down. Unless u count them Posting tips from some guy online.

Buyer beware. Hard to believe it today. But racism is still around.

Comment

I think now that TBU is involved they will drive greater diversity. TBU is one of the leaders in diversity in the Tampa Bay area. TBU takes a very modern approach to diversity instead of just considering "skin color."

Comment

Haven't been inside the club so I cant speak to institutional racism there... but the area and the parents still have a lot of good ol boy pasco county vibe (think the trailer parks that used to be on COPS in the 90s).

Lol. That area does look familiar from. CoPs!
                Every time we go there for a game i think I hear banjo music.

Comment

I think now that TBU is involved they will drive greater diversity. TBU is one of the leaders in diversity in the Tampa Bay area. TBU takes a very modern approach to diversity instead of just considering "skin color."
                  TBU is the other kind of racism... the kind with money, that has a black friend so they cant be racist.

Comment

TBUs involvement will be to recruit players and offer WC league spots. Thats it. It is still Blevins in charge.

Comment

Was stuart campbell fired for racist remarks?

TBU is the other kind of racism... the kind with money, that has a black friend so they cant be racist.
                      Is it true thats why he was fired?
                      Not many of his own photos or any of him and his old team mates show many friends with a tan or more?

Could be a pattern? He did say in an interview that once he found wesley chapel he knew that was where he was staying? . A racist enclave headed by his friends and neighbors Blevins?
                      Very unusual for an athlete to decide middle career and beginning his career as coach.. But then goes into kids coaching which he has no competence for....

Check the website.

Comment

If Blevins stays. Then.....

TBUs involvement will be to recruit players and offer WC league spots. Thats it. It is still Blevins in charge.
                        If Blevins stays. Then the apartheid system stays. They don't want to give women or AA coaches the same as MB gets to coach his daughters 8yo team....

TBU please save this club and get rid of the racists on board.

Comment

Tbu has NO control of WC. They have a handshake agreement for tbu to scout their players and promise not to take the ones that aren't DA or ecnl. In exchange they promised WC league spots. Nothing more. Tbu cannot manage WC. They are totally separate.

If Blevins stays. Then the apartheid system stays. They don't want to give women or AA coaches the same as MB gets to coach his daughters 8yo team....

TBU please save this club and get rid of the racists on board.

Comment

Handshake 🤝

Tbu has NO control of WC. They have a handshake agreement for tbu to scout their players and promise not to take the ones that aren't DA or ecnl. In exchange they promised WC league spots. Nothing more. Tbu cannot manage WC. They are totally separate.
                            I hope even though its Handshake deal that they will help clean up the board and crooked campbell. Hes ruining our club

Comment

I hope even though its Handshake deal that they will help clean up the board and crooked campbell. Hes ruining our club
                              No, this will be like the other tbu "partnerships" over the past few years. By Dec they will have taken the 2-3 players they want, WC will have a handful of teams in CDL then no one will ever speak of it again.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X