Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FP had an amazing first night at tryouts

We had our daughter and son at the FP tryouts and we were so impressed how well everything was setup and how smooth the whole process worked. My wife was with my son and she said there was over 170 players at the 02/03 boys tryouts. She stated they came early and it looked like the 2004 boys had over 200 players. I was at the 2004 girls tryout and it was so well run with all coaches and staff members wearing masks and they had markers were players were 6 feet apart. There was over 80 girls at the 2004 tryouts. So impressed with the organization.

Oh god, this West Pasco bunch is barf city

Comment

It’s probably the staff pushing this garbage anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        We had our daughter and son at the FP tryouts and we were so impressed how well everything was setup and how smooth the whole process worked. My wife was with my son and she said there was over 170 players at the 02/03 boys tryouts. She stated they came early and it looked like the 2004 boys had over 200 players. I was at the 2004 girls tryout and it was so well run with all coaches and staff members wearing masks and they had markers were players were 6 feet apart. There was over 80 girls at the 2004 tryouts. So impressed with the organization.
        This is why our club gets a bad name on here. I was at the boys 2004 tryouts at Starkey Ranch, and there was no more than 70. We had 3 fields running with no subs. All of our coaches were wearing masks, but we started playing full field almost right away. The boys did not abide by any social distancing rules which left me disappointed and concerned. Our club is what it is, but those parents (or coaches) who try to make it out to more then what it is are just desperate for attention. I will also say the majority of players looked to be current Florida Premier players based on what they were wearing. If I was able to post pictures I would.

Comment

This is why our club gets a bad name on here. I was at the boys 2004 tryouts at Starkey Ranch, and there was no more than 70. We had 3 fields running with no subs. All of our coaches were wearing masks, but we started playing full field almost right away. The boys did not abide by any social distancing rules which left me disappointed and concerned. Our club is what it is, but those parents (or coaches) who try to make it out to more then what it is are just desperate for attention. I will also say the majority of players looked to be current Florida Premier players based on what they were wearing. If I was able to post pictures I would.
          There was 5 fields setup with 22 players per field plus over 40 players switching with players on the field. I was there with my kid and I wish I took pictures. It’s crazy how people make stuff up. Just ask you kid if your kid was there how many players were at tryouts. Kids never lie.

Comment

I was there. It was definitely over 100. Maybe 120ish. As for distancing, they were distancing during breaks, when warming up and when checking in. During small sided and full field scrimmages, it was normal play. Thats how it was explained before hand and thats what i saw from my car.

Did you expect everyone to just be juggling a ball 6 feet apart? If thats what you wanted, they sent an email saying you can ask for an individual evaluation if you aren't comfortable with actual game like play.

Comment

FL Prem dad here....Lastnight I set up my telescope in the back of the truck to watch the boys tryouts and I only saw kids in FL Prem shirts...I thought it was going to be a big turnout. What happened?

Comment

Clearly a lie... it was the biggest turnout in the history of the club. The girls and boys were at different fields and there was only 1 age group per 2 hour block.

FL Prem dad here....Lastnight I set up my telescope in the back of the truck to watch the boys tryouts and I only saw kids in FL Prem shirts...I thought it was going to be a big turnout. What happened?

Comment

so the real question to confirm or end all the hype; was KJ there?

Comment

Seriously who has this big of an axe to grind with Fl Prem that they post this multiple times on every thread... and its been going on all week... Seriously did one of the brothers screw your wife or something?

Comment

It was SOOOOO Awesome!!! They had an open bar with free appetizers (the jalepeno poppers were just to die for!). There was music and dancing and the festivities kicked off with a great comedian who gave a hilarious 15 minute set (forget his name . . . maybe Ray Romano?).

Good times were had by all. Goooooooo FP!!!!

Comment

In defense of the last post, the poppers really were great.

Comment

Congratulations, now maybe Florida Premier can stop with the constant gutter league, misinformation posts about surrounding clubs.

Comment

We were also at the 2004 girls tryout coming from ESSA. There was far from 80 girls. There was one full field going on and two small sided fields. Maybe 50 total. FP coaches were even playing to help with numbers. I don’t understand why this club continues to lie. We came from that sort of environment, and we will definitely not go back to it. For any other ESSA families, make sure you look at all of your options.

Comment

Not for the 02/03B! No where close to the 154 advertise here on one of the post. Probably around 60-70. Regardless, the level of play was terrible, no stand outs. Again...3/4 tier players from other clubs.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X