Charlotte Soccer Academy won’t reimburse parents whose goal is to get refund

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CHARLOTTE — Brian Bernhardt signed his son up for Charlotte Soccer Academy's spring season.

"We paid $195 for a registration fee," he told Action 9's Jason Stoogenke.

Rain forced the first practice to be canceled. The pandemic nixed the rest.

"So, my son never actually had any practices or any games," Bernhardt explained.

He expected his money back but told Channel 9 that CSA won’t reimburse him.

"It’s frustrating to me, and I know from a lot of the comments that I’ve received, a lot of people agree with me," Bernhardt said.
    Several parents think CSA can afford refunds. Action 9 checked the academy’s tax forms, which show CSA made more than $6 million the most recent year and spent about the same -- including almost $2 million on salaries and other compensation.

“It’s really the principle that they are taking this money. They didn’t give me the service they said they would provide,” Bernhardt said.

When reached by Action 9, the CSA said, "Most of our members are not aware of the planning and administration costs incurred well before their child walks onto the field."

The academy also said some of its expenses are non-recoverable. The league is offering a free, four-week summer session and a credit. Parents can put 50% of what they spent on spring toward fall or next spring. CSA also said it’s setting up some sort of refund program for people struggling financially, but it doesn’t have the details yet.

If your child doesn’t play again, CSA said you can always consider it a charitable donation.

“If we decide to give a charitable contribution to someone, then we’re happy to do it,” Bernhardt said. “That’s a decision we want to make. It’s not a decision we want somebody to tell us we have to make.”

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/fam...D2UYVCO3D76HY/

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

CHARLOTTE — Brian Bernhardt signed his son up for Charlotte Soccer Academy's spring season.

"We paid $195 for a registration fee," he told Action 9's Jason Stoogenke.

Rain forced the first practice to be canceled. The pandemic nixed the rest.

"So, my son never actually had any practices or any games," Bernhardt explained.

He expected his money back but told Channel 9 that CSA won’t reimburse him.

"It’s frustrating to me, and I know from a lot of the comments that I’ve received, a lot of people agree with me," Bernhardt said.
    Several parents think CSA can afford refunds. Action 9 checked the academy’s tax forms, which show CSA made more than $6 million the most recent year and spent about the same -- including almost $2 million on salaries and other compensation.

“It’s really the principle that they are taking this money. They didn’t give me the service they said they would provide,” Bernhardt said.

When reached by Action 9, the CSA said, "Most of our members are not aware of the planning and administration costs incurred well before their child walks onto the field."

The academy also said some of its expenses are non-recoverable. The league is offering a free, four-week summer session and a credit. Parents can put 50% of what they spent on spring toward fall or next spring. CSA also said it’s setting up some sort of refund program for people struggling financially, but it doesn’t have the details yet.

If your child doesn’t play again, CSA said you can always consider it a charitable donation.

“If we decide to give a charitable contribution to someone, then we’re happy to do it,” Bernhardt said. “That’s a decision we want to make. It’s not a decision we want somebody to tell us we have to make.”

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/fam...D2UYVCO3D76HY/
    wow.. that is very low but I am not surprised. They are called the "English M...a" with a reason.
    Hopefully more parents will come forward.

Comment

All that collected money was already spent. Not on part time coach salaries. They were cut off by the end of March. BMW's aren't cheap.

Comment

Fusion refunds

Not only CSA, but the Fusion club basically told their families that they weren't getting much back either. They are giving us $40 back, even after we have paid hundreds and even more and got very little of the season. Why is that? No idea because they laid off most of their staff pretty quickly after they shut down the season. So their biggest expense was gone, but they weren't willing to give their customers more of their money back. There are options and we are looking at them right now.

Comment

Prepare for the unimaginable. See the 100 Principles manual and dig in. Become irreplaceable at https://lnkd.in/enfDJ43

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X