Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That’s if you believe that CFC and FSA can’t compete in ECNL. All I ever hear from CFC is how successful they are and what a vaunted group the 2002’s are. ECNL is a closed league and that’s done to protect its members and their own self interest. That’s why CFC spends so much time and energy attacking Oakwood. They never have to back it up by playing them. Get those teams playing against each other every year.
    According to Oakwood parents, ECNL sucks. Now that us soccer bent them over, ECNL needs to accept them into the league.

What changed from a month ago when ECNL sucked?

Comment

This is an indictment on CFC and FSA as well. I think everyone agrees that the best thing for all the players and teams is to get all of them in the same league. As a soccer fan I would love to see Oakwood admitted into ECNL and let those teams play each other year in and year out. CFC and FSA are blocking Oakwood and it sucks that club owners who want to protect their business can effectively do this. The money side is more important than competition. It’s the same reason why professional soccer have to figure out a promotion-relegation system. Having a closed system is not in the best interest of competition and development. I hate how coaches and clubs are always ducking each other.
      Absolutely wrong. Players at Oakwood should join clubs in ECNL. That is how a pyramid system works. The best players need to move to the best leagues.

Comment

Absolutely wrong. Players at Oakwood should join clubs in ECNL. That is how a pyramid system works. The best players need to move to the best leagues.
        You’re the wrong that is wrong and misguided. What makes you think they have the best players or the best teams? Because they inconsistently beat up on weak GDA teams? You assume a lot. You are clearly an Oakwood parent because you don’t know anything about the larger soccer world.

Comment

Yes, and the larger soccer world being ECNL, should be an open invitation for any team that wants to join, but with all the politics and certain ECNL teams that are threatened, some of the better teams on the country will never get into ECNL, the board members need to protect their own, has been that way for a long time.

Comment

Yes, and the larger soccer world being ECNL, should be an open invitation for any team that wants to join, but with all the politics and certain ECNL teams that are threatened, some of the better teams on the country will never get into ECNL, the board members need to protect their own, has been that way for a long time.
            Wrong
            ECNL has picked clubs in each market. You know, the way US Soccer did with DA.
            If you want to play in that league, then go to a club in it.
            No need to force clubs into leagues.
            The availability for a player to play in any league is there. But you don’t need to make every league available to every club.
            No players are being excluded
            Some clubs are Excluded and that is OK.
            Player & $$$ have freedom of choice. That is why I love America.

Comment

I think this change.org site worked, Tophat has the ECNL logo on their site now, and no US Soccer logo. It worked!!! lol

Comment

I think this change.org site worked, Tophat has the ECNL logo on their site now, and no US Soccer logo. It worked!!! lol
                you mean where they are touting being the 2018 champion?

Comment

No where to be found; the GAL emblem is on the site however.

Comment

you mean where they are touting being the 2018 champion?
                    Top hat is in. Oakwood stop the crying and raffle awareness and start cranking up petitions. Come on you stick in the muds

Comment

Top hat is in. Oakwood stop the crying and raffle awareness and start cranking up petitions. Come on you stick in the muds
                      TopHat isn’t in

Comment

Doubt the ECNL will be adding more teams this year. I feel bad for Tophat as they will lose a lot of the younger players to other Atlanta clubs in the ECNL.

Comment

Doubt the ECNL will be adding more teams this year. I feel bad for Tophat as they will lose a lot of the younger players to other Atlanta clubs in the ECNL.
                          Don’t feel bad; they did this to themselves

Comment

It’s going to take Tophat years to recover from this.

Comment

It’s going to take Tophat years to recover from this.
                              They might never recover. All I know is the GAL isn’t looking like the powerhouse the founding clubs think it’ll be with all of these defections. Good luck.

Comment

In the Northeast it is bad but the rest of the country it is full of clubs nobody ever heard of.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X