Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This is true. But does it make a difference? Nor them or any Weston team will have access to play Concorde or any other elite club. They are in the DPL/GAL league and that’s the level of competition they will play. And if you are realistic and believe your kid has the potential to be challenge at a higher level then you are a fool not doing all it takes to make the move away from Weston. See change is for the strong minded, change intimidate us but only the ones that dare to move on are the ones that will succeed in all life aspects. But if you as the adult are cautious and afraid to leave your comfort net then that’s what your kid is looking up to. Will it be check or cr card?

Leave your comfort net. Don't be intimidated by change. Dare to move. Take your family and move overseas to pursue your child's soccer dream. All the top league and players are over dare. Why are you not there? Is the move to intimidating for you?. Are you afraid your child can't make it? Only those that venture out will succeed in all aspects of life. When are you leaving?

Comment

Leave your comfort net. Don't be intimidated by change. Dare to move. Take your family and move overseas to pursue your child's soccer dream. All the top league and players are over dare. Why are you not there? Is the move to intimidating for you?. Are you afraid your child can't make it? Only those that venture out will succeed in all aspects of life. When are you leaving?
      When the women pros start getting paid like the Men (i.e...never), then it will make sense to send your daughter to Europe at a young age. Until then, she will stay here and play college soccer at the best academic school possible.

Comment

This is true. But does it make a difference? Nor them or any Weston team will have access to play Concorde or any other elite club. They are in the DPL/GAL league and that’s the level of competition they will play. And if you are realistic and believe your kid has the potential to be challenge at a higher level then you are a fool not doing all it takes to make the move away from Weston. See change is for the strong minded, change intimidate us but only the ones that dare to move on are the ones that will succeed in all life aspects. But if you as the adult are cautious and afraid to leave your comfort net then that’s what your kid is looking up to. Will it be check or cr card?
        For that age groups...who besides Concorde Platinum (maybe UFA, but they play kick ball and chase) will provide this “superior competition” in the SE conference? Serious question...I guess maybe Prime will have a decent team in the oldest ECNL age group. The rest of Florida is terrible. As bad as GAL if not worse. The JAX teams, the Orlando teams, TBU are all really bad at u17 soon to be 18/19.

At least with Weston the team will get good training and instruction on how to play possession soccer with purpose and the players moving on to the next level won’t be culture shucked and unprepared when they get there.

Reality check: No scouts are going to one of league games. Not ECNL or Gal. They will show up for the showcases, and the oldest Weston team will he matched up against the best GAL teams in the country and the college coaches will pack the sidelines. Facts.

As far as “scared to move on.” That’s laughable. Make educated decisions. Best coaching. Best training. I couldn’t care less about the ECNL crest...it means as little as the GAL patch.

Comment

When the women pros start getting paid like the Men (i.e...never), then it will make sense to send your daughter to Europe at a young age. Until then, she will stay here and play college soccer at the best academic school possible.
          Every years thousand of band scholarship are left behind. Does your daughter play an instrument. She has a better chance of getting a full scholarship for band than she does for soccer. Tell her to leave her comfort net and learn to play an instrument.

Comment

Every years thousand of band scholarship are left behind. Does your daughter play an instrument. She has a better chance of getting a full scholarship for band than she does for soccer. Tell her to leave her comfort net and learn to play an instrument.
            Sorry, your kid sucks at soccer. I do t have that problem.

Good luck with the Tuba.

Comment

For that age groups...who besides Concorde Platinum (maybe UFA, but they play kick ball and chase) will provide this “superior competition” in the SE conference? Serious question...I guess maybe Prime will have a decent team in the oldest ECNL age group. The rest of Florida is terrible. As bad as GAL if not worse. The JAX teams, the Orlando teams, TBU are all really bad at u17 soon to be 18/19.

At least with Weston the team will get good training and instruction on how to play possession soccer with purpose and the players moving on to the next level won’t be culture shucked and unprepared when they get there.

Reality check: No scouts are going to one of league games. Not ECNL or Gal. They will show up for the showcases, and the oldest Weston team will he matched up against the best GAL teams in the country and the college coaches will pack the sidelines. Facts.

As far as “scared to move on.” That’s laughable. Make educated decisions. Best coaching. Best training. I couldn’t care less about the ECNL crest...it means as little as the GAL patch.
              Disagree.. If you dont have an ECNL patch, or at least a GAL patch, you will not get exposure at elite showcases.

Comment

You are so dumb....my daughter is primed for an academic scholarship. Get a life
                How quick the story changes.

Comment

Disagree.. If you dont have an ECNL patch, or at least a GAL patch, you will not get exposure at elite showcases.
                  What did you not understand about my comment being about Weston’s oldest team?

Like I said, as a parent be educated. That team will good. It will play top national GAL teams. There are already lots of committed players on it. It will play quality possession soccer. College coaches will come and watch at showcases because the team will be good and the teams they play will be good. There will be plenty of exposure.

Every team within a club is different. Different coaches. Different rosters. Different expectations. Broad Generalizations are almost never correct.

Comment

How quick the story changes.
                    That’s not my post. My daughter is a soccer player.

Comment

Most those kids are leaving and going back to Team Boca. Weston are losing DA kids daily and the DPL players are scattering everywhere.
                      Team Boca, ECNL/ECRL, Miramar, Cooper City anywhere is better and you won’t be paying $2600 Weston price tag

Comment

Team Boca, ECNL/ECRL, Miramar, Cooper City anywhere is better and you won’t be paying $2600 Weston price tag
                        I guess we will see.

Comment

No need to exaggerate, there is a valid point here and you don’t need to take your family overseas because of anything, you don’t even have to go across the state or to the next city to make the right soccer move, plenty options had open in the last few lo months. We are talking here about the parents that like to complain in the sidelines all season long, that talk about of the should be of the club with great knowledge, the ones asking themselves why their child is playing side bu side with kids of lower athletic talent, yet do nothing to change situations for fear of the unknown, we are talking about the ones that carry “the grass is not greener on the other side” as a lifestyle, modeling that lack of guts to their kids. It is true, sometimes you’ll risk and lose but what if you win, what if the small act of moving from the comfort of the current soccer club that does not appear appropriate to another one, set your kid for a lifetime of success? That’s how kids learn, start small so later on they’ll be able to make decisions in bigger and more important matters. You are the parent if your son sees that you are uncomfortable changing from a situation that has been unfavorable, just because change it’s intimidating for you. He’ll act on that for the rest of his life

Comment

I suggest you ask your doctor for a good heartburn medicine and stay in the current club you dislike so much. We don’t need chronic complainers here.

Comment

I suggest you ask your doctor for a good heartburn medicine and stay in the current club you dislike so much. We don’t need chronic complainers here.
                              W, T, F are you talking about?

I’m not complaining about sh1t. I’m stating facts. Unemotionally.

Comment

To much uninformed blah blah blah in your comment. Get your facts straight ECNL showcases are packed with college coaches. You can’t compare ECNL level of play with Weston’s GAL simply because you can’t compare existent records to inexistent ones GAL does not exists as of yet and ECNL has been around for 11 years plus. You are in for a surprise when season training comes and you realize who’s gone and the quality of the players filling those empty spots

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X