Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Probably as simple as the IT person accidentally sent an email out with registration info. It happens.
    Anything is possible, and it sounds like the same accident happened at a lot of the clubs. Maybe they all need better IT guys :)

Comment

Let's be honest about this. Whether the rules RCS set up make sense or whether the result would have been the same is irrelevant. Its what they decided to do in order to protect clubs in a time of unprecedented uncertainty. How PacNW acted under these rules is absolutely relevant. The CHARACTER of a YOUTH organization matters. This is shady conduct and, more importantly, intentional violation of RCS rules. I'm not sure the "Scarlet Letter" approach is enough, nor is removing Leighton from the RCS committee. The decisions to break the rules go deeper than Leighton. Malia must have been involved. How about the board? There must have been board approval to break the rules. In the end, institutional character matters and when it comes to the development of kids as players AND as human beings, their moral environment matters. They say the fish stinks from the head down. That's certainly true here. Maybe parents and players should consider the moral environment they put their kids in. Doubt it though....as long as DD/DS gets onto the ECNL team it doesn't matter how it was done, right?
      They need to do an independent postmortem review of what happened and solutions to fix the problem. Expensive and time consuming. But the WYS/RCS wants blood. So, the easy solution to feed their bloodlust is to fire and replace LO, MA and other people who are involved and promise to clean up Pac. They got three years before being able to re-apply for full membership to the RCL. If they lose the RCL, Pac is toast, much to the delight of WPFC and maybe some other nearby clubs. Sick I know, but business is business.
      LO and MA are radioactive so I doubt they will be sticking around WA too much longer. Like my old grandpa used to say, "Boy, you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes".

Comment

Move Pac out of Starfire and they would be done. I say let Reign make it their home base.

Comment

Either you are reading too much into it or you are putting too much faith and trust into youth soccer. Sent out a registration email early??? Seriously? Shaken to your core?
          You're missing the point. When leadership demonstrates "situational ethics", that filters down through the organization. When it comes to organizations that claim to instill values in our children, it matters. If you think this was about an accidental registration email sent out early, you're naive, I'm sorry to say. It was intentional. Whether this conduct causes you to take a dimmer view of the club and its leaders or not is really all about you and your tolerance for unethical conduct. We all have different tolerance levels. When it comes to organizations that say they are about instilling values in kids and not about winning at all costs, my tolerance level is low. Shaken to the core? You put it so dramatically. Gravely disappointed and suspicious they are cutting corners, breaking rules in other ways and exposing kids to "situational ethics"? Yep.

Comment

You're missing the point. When leadership demonstrates "situational ethics", that filters down through the organization. When it comes to organizations that claim to instill values in our children, it matters. If you think this was about an accidental registration email sent out early, you're naive, I'm sorry to say. It was intentional. Whether this conduct causes you to take a dimmer view of the club and its leaders or not is really all about you and your tolerance for unethical conduct. We all have different tolerance levels. When it comes to organizations that say they are about instilling values in kids and not about winning at all costs, my tolerance level is low. Shaken to the core? You put it so dramatically. Gravely disappointed and suspicious they are cutting corners, breaking rules in other ways and exposing kids to "situational ethics"? Yep.
            Wow, lost faith in humanity, did ya? Definitely near the top ten scandals of all time. You wouldn't be the same parent lamenting Pac because their DD lost her starting position to another player? The parent who forgot that they signed up for "Competitive Sports" and that their kid had to "Compete" against other kids.

Comment

i am chalking it up to as either a mistake or they didnt understand the new rules. I am not even a fan of Pac but I know things happen. If it was so severe, they would have been punished accordingly. As far as I can tell, it is like being written up for being tardy at work.

Comment

i am chalking it up to as either a mistake or they didnt understand the new rules. I am not even a fan of Pac but I know things happen. If it was so severe, they would have been punished accordingly. As far as I can tell, it is like being written up for being tardy at work.
                Pac's own statement says that they KNOWINGLY broke the rules.

Comment

Sort of tough if LO was part of the RCS that created these guidelines in the first place.

And tough to accept that this was "an IT guy that pushed the send button too early". If girls are sharing complete rosters of who made a particular ECNL team at PAC prior to May 1st, that takes a few more people to make that happen.

I think if this was the first time we had heard of PAC doing something like this, then sure, let's chalk it up to a mistake, but this happens every single year. This is part of their DNA.

Comment

Wow, lost faith in humanity, did ya? Definitely near the top ten scandals of all time. You wouldn't be the same parent lamenting Pac because their DD lost her starting position to another player? The parent who forgot that they signed up for "Competitive Sports" and that their kid had to "Compete" against other kids.
                    🤣🤣 Can't argue this is not in the top ten scandals. But ya gotta admit they got caught with their pants down. The guy writing about situational ethics has a point. Deflated footballs, etc there will always be cheating in sports and kids sports too. At Pac, the ends justify the means. Always has, always will with the current crew. Wait for the next scandal!

Comment

Let's be honest about this. Whether the rules RCS set up make sense or whether the result would have been the same is irrelevant. Its what they decided to do in order to protect clubs in a time of unprecedented uncertainty. How PacNW acted under these rules is absolutely relevant. The CHARACTER of a YOUTH organization matters. This is shady conduct and, more importantly, intentional violation of RCS rules. I'm not sure the "Scarlet Letter" approach is enough, nor is removing Leighton from the RCS committee. The decisions to break the rules go deeper than Leighton. Malia must have been involved. How about the board? There must have been board approval to break the rules. In the end, institutional character matters and when it comes to the development of kids as players AND as human beings, their moral environment matters. They say the fish stinks from the head down. That's certainly true here. Maybe parents and players should consider the moral environment they put their kids in. Doubt it though....as long as DD/DS gets onto the ECNL team it doesn't matter how it was done, right?
                      Couldn't agree more - 100%.

Comment

No different from SU. They asked for commitments in April and sent out registration a day or two before May 1st.
                        If this is true, why are they not getting the same treatment? Are you sure about this?

Comment

Were these summer tournaments? They dont use cards or rosters normally. It is hard enough to get full teams during the summer and more for getting a few games in before league or High School starts.
                          The person said, "They were subbing higher div kids in to the lower div game at their OWN tournament," which would be their Winter Classic tournament in January. Does PAC host a summer tournament?

Comment

Sharing a list and having players recruit new teammates is part of the game.

This so called scandal doesn't do anything different to the above average player. They are going to sign with Pac anyways.

Now the average player might not have a chance to make the ECNL team but is Pac even telling these players that? I am sure they are trying to get as many players into the program as possible and probably telling players teams will be formed when they return to the pitch.

Comment

I agree that, if everyone has agreed to play by certain rules, those rules should be followed.

But anyone who thinks this is a scandal (or affected which players were placed on which teams) needs to give their head a wobble.

Comment

What am I missing here?

Players and families who WANTED to be at Pac were allowed to formally register 72 hours before they should have been able to?

The horror. Get a grip.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X