Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two big hires from PacNW today

Pretty surprised and impressed that PAC announced the hires of Eugene from Sound and Kate Norton from San Diego Surf. Sounds like Kate was the Director for Surf’s Girls DA, which was one of the top programs in the country. That’s a big hire.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Pretty surprised and impressed that PAC announced the hires of Eugene from Sound and Kate Norton from San Diego Surf. Sounds like Kate was the Director for Surf’s Girls DA, which was one of the top programs in the country. That’s a big hire.
    Eugene was already at PAC and went back. He was money hungry and left to Sound to pad his pockets. Sound made a great investment as his teams did nothing or went anywhere and the club folded. How is that a great hire?
    I know nothing about Kate Norton but I would love to know her reason for leaving Surf. Hopefully she is a good addition to the club.

Comment

Eugene was already at PAC and went back. He was money hungry and left to Sound to pad his pockets. Sound made a great investment as his teams did nothing or went anywhere and the club folded. How is that a great hire?
      I know nothing about Kate Norton but I would love to know her reason for leaving Surf. Hopefully she is a good addition to the club.
      Sound has not folded, and Eugene has been a great influence for the players there.

Comment

And the hire of Ralph Black.

Comment

Curious: do you know Eugene personally enough (I do not) to make a statement like that about his character or reason for leaving Pac? It would be interesting to know if you have real facts to share. What if there was a very private reason, and the opportunity fit at the time? Or SO WHAT if the man wanted to make more money for his family - wouldn’t most of us take a chance if it would help our family income? Respectfully, people leave jobs all the time to pursue other opportunities! Please do share how you know salary information, and tell us how you’re qualified to judge the value of what he brings. If you can offer facts, that would be appreciated, Otherwise, your statements seem pretty defamatory.

Comment

He left pac last year to be closer to home for his family and now that sound fc is being dissolved into northshore select because sound went broke he went back to pac where he had been before. Sound fc is trying to be quiet about all this but they dont have the money to pay coaches let alone directors for the club.

Comment

Sound couldn't pay their coaches the last month of season they didn't even have enough funds to cover their presidents cup entries and teams were pulling before covid happened. Based on the number of sound kids registered for tryouts with my club I'd say even if they somehow manage to pull together a club in time they wont have any players.

Heard the guy running things ran off with his mistress and left everyone scratching their heads wondering where all the millions he raised to build the new facility etc went.

NSC put out better quality teams anyway (at least from what I saw on the girls side).

Feel sorry for the families in sounds region. They sure have been screwed over time and time again while everyone snatched up their money.

Comment

Eugene is a good guy and good coach. We did his futsal program which I hope he does again. Most clubs would not take back a coach unless he was in good standing and frankly, people liked him. I would think he swallowed his pride and asked for his job back. That is what a family man does to protect his family. Good enough for me. I hope he restarts his futsal program again, when possible. We would re-join it in a second.

Comment

Curious: do you know Eugene personally enough (I do not) to make a statement like that about his character or reason for leaving Pac? It would be interesting to know if you have real facts to share. What if there was a very private reason, and the opportunity fit at the time? Or SO WHAT if the man wanted to make more money for his family - wouldn’t most of us take a chance if it would help our family income? Respectfully, people leave jobs all the time to pursue other opportunities! Please do share how you know salary information, and tell us how you’re qualified to judge the value of what he brings. If you can offer facts, that would be appreciated, Otherwise, your statements seem pretty defamatory.
                  This is well said.

Comment

Eugene is a good guy and good coach. We did his futsal program which I hope he does again. Most clubs would not take back a coach unless he was in good standing and frankly, people liked him. I would think he swallowed his pride and asked for his job back. That is what a family man does to protect his family. Good enough for me. I hope he restarts his futsal program again, when possible. We would re-join it in a second.
                    He is a great coach, well respected, and loved. He did not ask for his job back.

Comment

Eugene is an awesome coach and good guy. My kids took his Fustal classes, and they were great. When we were at Pac, he often would stop by and assist with many Pac junior practices. I have never seen the junior director at our current club. If you are berating him, you don't know him.

Comment

where is this announcement I am not seeing it anywhere

Comment

where is this announcement I am not seeing it anywhere
                          https://www.soccerwire.com/news/san-...w-soccer-club/

Sounds like this move might be personal in nature; her BF works for the Sounders.

Comment

He is a great coach, well respected, and loved. He did not ask for his job back.
                            I agree with a lot of the comments. I think it varies on each families experience. We have a friend who played for him and they had noting bad to say about his character but were not impressed with his coaching abilities compared to other coaches they experienced. My understanding he is more of a Coerver individual trainer guy then coach. As many of us know and can see it is not easy to coach and manager a group of crazy soccer parents like us.

Comment

Sound couldn't pay their coaches the last month of season they didn't even have enough funds to cover their presidents cup entries and teams were pulling before covid happened. Based on the number of sound kids registered for tryouts with my club I'd say even if they somehow manage to pull together a club in time they wont have any players.

Heard the guy running things ran off with his mistress and left everyone scratching their heads wondering where all the millions he raised to build the new facility etc went.

NSC put out better quality teams anyway (at least from what I saw on the girls side).

Feel sorry for the families in sounds region. They sure have been screwed over time and time again while everyone snatched up their money.
                              I can only assume you are a coach from xf. I am curious about how this year's try out works. Is the coach going to ask around about the player and then assign him to a team? Thanks for yout insight!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X