Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's talk about EDP (LMSC, Europa and the rest)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The quality of ECNL teams varies by state - the point is presently in this area ECNL at Bucks and Delco is not offering families anything more than a top EDP team does. Bucks and Delco are not committing many kids to D1 schools. Period.

Now if you want to look at PDA or world class or FC stars - those clubs if they were in this area offer something more than the EDP teams in this area - what those ECNL Clubs offer is a really good chance at a D1 commitment. Unless and until Bucks and Delco start committing more kids to D1 programs people will stay with their EDP teams - they have no reason to seek out ECNL clubs - As this kids on EDP teams end up at D2,D3 college soccer programs - the same as the kids playing ECNL at Bucks and Delco.
    Actually Bucks and Delco offer the opportunity to play in one of the top two leagues in the country. EDP will never be that so you are better off in PAGs if playing against some of the best teams in the country isn't your thing.

Comment

Actually Bucks and Delco offer the opportunity to play in one of the top two leagues in the country. EDP will never be that so you are better off in PAGs if playing against some of the best teams in the country isn't your thing.
      It's no longer an "opportunity" .... just know the coach and/or pony up .... competition for both so-called top leagues is waning ... no crazy demand to pay dearly for those hot messes anymore.

Comment

So what exactly does that mean to me? I can brag at the water cooler that my kid plays on a team in one of the top leagues in the country? And for that privilege I can spend up to $10,000 a year. Big Freaking Deal .

Unless and until Bucks and Delco start committing kids to D1 programs - they are no better than EDP teams - I know this truth is hurtful to many but it is the truth none the less!

Comment

So what exactly does that mean to me? I can brag at the water cooler that my kid plays on a team in one of the top leagues in the country? And for that privilege I can spend up to $10,000 a year. Big Freaking Deal .

Unless and until Bucks and Delco start committing kids to D1 programs - they are no better than EDP teams - I know this truth is hurtful to many but it is the truth none the less!
          My kid wants to play against the best competition and not hide from it. Ask your daughter and if she says yes to that question and you can afford the 2 extra travel weekends than you are doing her a disservice by playing in EDP.

Comment

My kid wants to play against the best competition and not hide from it. Ask your daughter and if she says yes to that question and you can afford the 2 extra travel weekends than you are doing her a disservice by playing in EDP.
            AYFKM? A Diservice? Did you ever think what high school kids give up to play ecnl with all of the time and travel involved ? - the fun High School things not to mention all of the schoo, days they miss out on all so they can say they play in the top league in the country? If that league does not provide a return it is not worth it and I don’t just mean monetarily. Once your kid is in high school and the entire spring is taken up with soccer all so they can say they play in the best league in the country? Who really cares, if there is pretty good competition around here and they don’t have to travel, why would ECNL be worth it - especially since they will most likely end up at the same D2,D3 college program as if they played at bucks or delco.

And it’s way more than two extra travel weekends add in at least two ECNL showcases that will involve flights, plus there is time missed at school - all so you can say you play in one of the top leagues in the country. Man some people have lost their minds if that’s the reason they have their kids play ECNL!

Comment

AYFKM? A Diservice? Did you ever think what high school kids give up to play ecnl with all of the time and travel involved ? - the fun High School things not to mention all of the schoo, days they miss out on all so they can say they play in the top league in the country? If that league does not provide a return it is not worth it and I don’t just mean monetarily. Once your kid is in high school and the entire spring is taken up with soccer all so they can say they play in the best league in the country? Who really cares, if there is pretty good competition around here and they don’t have to travel, why would ECNL be worth it - especially since they will most likely end up at the same D2,D3 college program as if they played at bucks or delco.

And it’s way more than two extra travel weekends add in at least two ECNL showcases that will involve flights, plus there is time missed at school - all so you can say you play in one of the top leagues in the country. Man some people have lost their minds if that’s the reason they have their kids play ECNL!
              Reality check... a top EDP team will do CASL, Vegas and Disney. If they happen to be a National League team add on two more trips. Win state cup and add another. Win regionals or NL and add on another.

PA based ECNL teams typically travel to two ECNL events and playoffs if they qualify. League play could require a trip to MA, CT or MD. Sometimes its 2 of the 3 or 1 of the 3. Never all of them.

You act as if these kids are sequestered during these trips. 1 game a day leaves plenty of time for fun. As for missing school mine missed 4 days for soccer related travel and still managed to carry a 4.2 GPA.

Don't be afraid of the bogeyman! If your kid can hack it on an ecnl team thats where she should be.

Comment

But your kid isn't capable and 5 grand and a patch sleeve should not be enough to give your kid that opportunity. Sorry, boys or girls teams for Delco and bucks would be mediocre in EDP 1st division. Glad you think you bought a golden ticket but you will see that you are the cool in a few more years .... One born every minute.

Comment

But your kid isn't capable and 5 grand and a patch sleeve should not be enough to give your kid that opportunity. Sorry, boys or girls teams for Delco and bucks would be mediocre in EDP 1st division. Glad you think you bought a golden ticket but you will see that you are the cool in a few more years .... One born every minute.
                  The real suckers play RL/ npl. That is now the worst league in the Us. We left that league. Pags or icsl is much better.

Comment

The real suckers play RL/ npl. That is now the worst league in the Us. We left that league. Pags or icsl is much better.
                    Don’t get people started on RL- ecRl. Its all negative with that league. I don’t see that lasting another 2 years.

Comment

Reality check... a top EDP team will do CASL, Vegas and Disney. If they happen to be a National League team add on two more trips. Win state cup and add another. Win regionals or NL and add on another.

PA based ECNL teams typically travel to two ECNL events and playoffs if they qualify. League play could require a trip to MA, CT or MD. Sometimes its 2 of the 3 or 1 of the 3. Never all of them.

You act as if these kids are sequestered during these trips. 1 game a day leaves plenty of time for fun. As for missing school mine missed 4 days for soccer related travel and still managed to carry a 4.2 GPA.

Don't be afraid of the bogeyman! If your kid can hack it on an ecnl team thats where she should be.
                      ECNL teams end up spending less than USYS and EDP type teams and get way more for the money. There is a reason ECNL came to be and it was not about money at the time the league formed.

Comment

ECNL teams end up spending less than USYS and EDP type teams and get way more for the money. There is a reason ECNL came to be and it was not about money at the time the league formed.
                        Look bottom line ... Bucks and Delco are ECNL clubs in name only they both are at the bottom of the ECNL and neither one of them is committing kids to many D1 programs ... those are facts! When they start committing kids to D1 programs again then maybe kids will be flocking to them once again.

ECNL is a great league but clubs around here are not good ECNL clubs and don’t provide the value you talk about. I am not anti ECNL and if geography wasn’t an issue would take my kid to PDA or FC Stars or World Class, but around here Bucks and Delco are not worth the time, money and travel. My self worth doesn’t come from being able to say my kid plays in one of the top leagues in the country.

Comment

They might choose to do those tournaments but it’s a choice - for ECNL you are mandated to do the events they tell you to do - big difference.

Comment

They might choose to do those tournaments but it’s a choice - for ECNL you are mandated to do the events they tell you to do - big difference.
                            You know that going in and the OP doesn't want anyone to mention exposure...

Comment

Look bottom line ... Bucks and Delco are ECNL clubs in name only they both are at the bottom of the ECNL and neither one of them is committing kids to many D1 programs ... those are facts! When they start committing kids to D1 programs again then maybe kids will be flocking to them once again.

ECNL is a great league but clubs around here are not good ECNL clubs and don’t provide the value you talk about. I am not anti ECNL and if geography wasn’t an issue would take my kid to PDA or FC Stars or World Class, but around here Bucks and Delco are not worth the time, money and travel. My self worth doesn’t come from being able to say my kid plays in one of the top leagues in the country.
                              A-MEN......If I had to move out of this area (Mid-Atlantic) I would consider moving closer to an ECNL or DA team that was worth the cost. If say moving to NC, FL, TX, VA, CA....Otherwise you can spend less money on a D1 EDP team that has a shot at NL, goes to bigger showcases like Jeff Cup and Disney and afford a personal trainer or group with 2-3 others for small group rates for a trainer. Sure you'll have to do more leg work for a D1 college but not playing DA/ECNL doesn't mean it's impossible.

Comment

You're an idiot or a liar .... really? Spending less? PLEASE!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X