Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Nobody said its the be all and end all. ECNL is not for everyone for a variety of reasons. I am not sure why you feel like its your calling in life to trash the club and by extension those who play there. Great, we get it you hate FC Bucks, you're going to do it your way, ECNL is a just fancy patch etc.. etc... Do us all a favor and start a new thread with your club name and your kids age group so we can read all the positive things being done and make decisions accordingly or better jyetcust start thread called ...EDP is great because.... and let the soccer community tell us. This calling out individual clubs and teams is tiiring and no I am not affiliated with FC Bucks.
    Sure you’re not!

Comment

Nobody said its the be all and end all. ECNL is not for everyone for a variety of reasons. I am not sure why you feel like its your calling in life to trash the club and by extension those who play there. Great, we get it you hate FC Bucks, you're going to do it your way, ECNL is a just fancy patch etc.. etc... Do us all a favor and start a new thread with your club name and your kids age group so we can read all the positive things being done and make decisions accordingly or better jyetcust start thread called ...EDP is great because.... and let the soccer community tell us. This calling out individual clubs and teams is tiiring and no I am not affiliated with FC Bucks.
      Epic post!!

Comment

Yeah, you would think they don’t come to see FC Bucks, but they do. It’s an old argument that is just proven with some pictures and attendance lists taken by managers handing out profiles. We easily pull 40 to 80 coaches a game at ECNL events. On a bad day, usually if scheduled late day on the last day, we still get 15-30 coaches. I’ll simplify for you. Take a look at college rosters and you will see the majority of those players are from ECNL and DA clubs, but they are from many different ECNL and DA clubs. Not just a few. Every D-I program is in attendance at ECNL events with multiple coaches. They see all the teams. Oh...I’m sure D-III programs are out seeing the EDP teams play....and that is a bonus for kids that just play to have fun and playing college soccer isn’t a goal or the entire team.
        I’ll simplify it for you. For the class of 2020 Bucks college commitments there are THREE D1 schools. THREE and one of them of course is St.Joes. The others are all D2,D3 and guess who their teammates will be? EDP players. I’m sure many college rosters are filled with ECNL players - but they ain’t Bucks players.

Comment

Nice to see the twats moved over to this page.

When was last time an EDP team beat an ECNL team at this age group? March '17 DEFC beat Bucks 3-2, and Philly SC may have beat an ECNL team last year. So lets be honest because besides DEFC and Philly SC the rest of the EDP teams in this area are garbage. FC Bucks 8 w 0 l 1 t vs EDP since that loss. Continental 0 losses the last two years to ECNL teams. DEFC and Philly SC (again not a slight in those teams they are excellent) are something like a combined 1 - 6 - 2 vs ECNL teams. All the best talent might not be in the ECNL but certainly there is a lot more. Now with GDA, EDP is even weaker. Keep chasing those gotsoccer points and state cups. Talk about water cooler fodder!
          This is why ECNL and DA teams avoid playing the rabble .... they often lose or have close games and the illusion of superiority that they constantly purport is quickly dispelled.

Comment

Oh yeah we really avoided playing the rabble in the 4th bracket at Bethesda. We should have been playing Bethesda and WC ECNL instead they put garbage teams like West Morris up there that get killed 5-0!

Comment

Oh yeah we really avoided playing the rabble in the 4th bracket at Bethesda. We should have been playing Bethesda and WC ECNL instead they put garbage teams like West Morris up there that get killed 5-0!
              Serious question and not to be combative but why didn’t you win your bracket if you deserved to be in a higher one? If you were truly mis placed you would have crushed your bracket and won it all. Instead you finished in second in your division and didn’t even make the finals. It doesn’t make sense to say you didn’t belong there.

Comment

My point is if ECNL is the best league in the country than it does not make any sense to have ECNL teams in the 4th bracket of such a tourney. Unless ECNL is very watered down at the bottom. Any thoughts?

Comment

My point is if ECNL is the best league in the country than it does not make any sense to have ECNL teams in the 4th bracket of such a tourney. Unless ECNL is very watered down at the bottom. Any thoughts?
                  While some of the too teams in the country play in ECNL, none of the other teams should be classified great by association. FCB of all clubs should understand this and when you can't win a 4th bracket of a very low level premier tournament then there is additional proof.

Comment

While some of the too teams in the country play in ECNL, none of the other teams should be classified great by association. FCB of all clubs should understand this and when you can't win a 4th bracket of a very low level premier tournament then there is additional proof.
                    Agreed there is more to being a great ECNL team than wearing a patch on your uniform.

When the club isn’t run like an ECNL club should be the results - such a as being ranked one of the worst clubs in the ECNL speak for themselves.

FC bucks at this point is nothing more than a glorified rec club that wears the ECNL patch.

Comment

05 ECNL teams at Bethesda 10- 1-1.
                      Only loss was Bucks to another ECNL team. If you do not know that Bethesda schedules straight from gotsoccer than that is on you.

I know bashing Bucks is the new cool thing and I am not sure why this group is being called out. I suppose its just one or two *******s. Maybe some of these kids are in over their heads but at least they are out there competeing against the best of the best. But anyway I digress....

There are 7 good teams, none of them are great, in this area at this age group who can play in any league:

EDP
                      Lower Merion (old Continental ecnl)
                      Philly Coppa
                      Delaware FC

DA
                      PA Classics
                      Penn Fusion
                      SJEB Rush

ECNL
                      FC Bucks

Another point to ponder, if EDP is comparable to ECNL and DA why is it the National League national events draw less than 1/3 the number of college coaches than the ecnl and da events. A clear indicator that there is a larger, much larger, concentration of talent in those leagues.

But really I came on here to find out 1 thing...
                      WhyTF do you care how or where other people spend their money?

Comment

Only loss was Bucks to another ECNL team. If you do not know that Bethesda schedules straight from gotsoccer than that is on you.

I know bashing Bucks is the new cool thing and I am not sure why this group is being called out. I suppose its just one or two *******s. Maybe some of these kids are in over their heads but at least they are out there competeing against the best of the best. But anyway I digress....

There are 7 good teams, none of them are great, in this area at this age group who can play in any league:

EDP
                        Philly Coppa
                        Delaware FC

DA
                        PA Classics
                        Penn Fusion
                        SJEB Rush

ECNL
                        FC Bucks

Another point to ponder, if EDP is comparable to ECNL and DA why is it the National League national events draw less than 1/3 the number of college coaches than the ecnl and da events. A clear indicator that there is a larger, much larger, concentration of talent in those leagues.

From what I’m reading on here ECNL as a whole is a great league, and offers a lot of college exposure but this particular club is not ECNL caliber -that’s what I’m getting from the posts.

And the college commitments back that up. It’s all well and good to have D1 coaches at the events and there is no denying they come to the events., but frankly it doesn’t appear to be doing the bucks kids much good.

It’s great to say you are ECNL but this club is not delivering on the ECNL core practices. Again the college commitments to mainly D2,3 school back this up. There are THREE D1 commits for the class of 2020. THREE. It’s hard to argue with facts.

Comment

Its very simple. Look at the progression of the CRUSA/FC Bucks business model. FC Bucks (not just ECNL, but FC Bucks in general) used to mean something. It was differentiated from CRUSA in that FC Bucks had all top professional coaches and served as more of a destination club (within a club) for the local area. FC Bucks teams were ALWAYS top teams -the best in the area if not well beyond the area. FC Bucks was known nationally as one of the top clubs in the country and had nationally ranked teams. Then the club leadership started to cheapen the FC Bucks brand. It started off with the club having “B” teams, then “C” teams, and now there are some age groups with “D” teams. There are even some FC Bucks teams, at the highest level, with parent coaches who aren’t even licensed. On the other hand, there are CRUSA travel teams with paid professional coaches. So ask yourselves – what does the FC Bucks brand even mean at this point? Why is it different than the CRUSA brand? Is it even different.

What seems clear is that the FC Bucks business model is no longer to be a top destination club, with top nationally ranked teams, whether it be regular FC Bucks or at the ECNL level. Rather, at this point, FC Bucks just seems to be a money grab at this point. Most of the players at FC Bucks are from the CRUSA feeder system and don’t come from other clubs. It is no longer a destination club. It seems the new business model is to monetize the FC Bucks brand (which still have some value based on its past) and just con parents into paying more for something that they used to pay less for at CRUSA. Seriously – do you think there is any difference between an FC Bucks “D” team and a CRUSA travel team? Likewise, at the highest ECNL level, parents are simply paying for the ECNL brand, but effectively getting something that is no better (if not worse) than any other local rec EDP travel team.

Perhaps at some point the club leadership will get this and take the steps to reverse this course. But it will require work – hard word, and I am not sure the current leadership is up to this task.

Comment

EDP
                            Philly Coppa
                            Delaware FC

DA
                            PA Classics
                            Penn Fusion
                            SJEB Rush

ECNL
                            FC Bucks

Stop feeding the trolls

Comment

From what I’m reading on here ECNL as a whole is a great league, and offers a lot of college exposure but this particular club is not ECNL caliber -that’s what I’m getting from the posts.

And the college commitments back that up. It’s all well and good to have D1 coaches at the events and there is no denying they come to the events., but frankly it doesn’t appear to be doing the bucks kids much good.

It’s great to say you are ECNL but this club is not delivering on the ECNL core practices. Again the college commitments to mainly D2,3 school back this up. There are THREE D1 commits for the class of 2020. THREE. It’s hard to argue with facts.
                              You are a bit naive in your thinking. If you ask any club sure they would love to have every player matriculate to top D1 soccer programs but that is not reality.

Sometimes there is more money available from a D3 school than what is being offered by the D1 schools. Sometimes kids choose a D2 in state school over a D1 school because once all the adding and subtracting is done the D2 school is 80% cheaper.

Don't be fooled into thinking all the best players play in D1. There are D2 and D3 schools that will take apart D1 schools like Villanova, St. Joe's, Temple.

You are right there are facts. The facts are
                              that there are actually 5 D1 commits (SJ, Army, Marist, 2 Valpo) on that list and others who are capable but chose D3 for personal reasons.

I do agree that FC Bucks must do a better job running their program and they seem to think the patch alone will attract players. Maybe that worked in the past when club soccer was more localized but nowadays hoping into the car and driving up to two hours for practice is becoming more common.

Comment

You are a bit naive in your thinking. If you ask any club sure they would love to have every player matriculate to top D1 soccer programs but that is not reality.

Sometimes there is more money available from a D3 school than what is being offered by the D1 schools. Sometimes kids choose a D2 in state school over a D1 school because once all the adding and subtracting is done the D2 school is 80% cheaper.

Don't be fooled into thinking all the best players play in D1. There are D2 and D3 schools that will take apart D1 schools like Villanova, St. Joe's, Temple.

You are right there are facts. The facts are
                                that there are actually 5 D1 commits (SJ, Army, Marist, 2 Valpo) on that list and others who are capable but chose D3 for personal reasons.

I do agree that FC Bucks must do a better job running their program and they seem to think the patch alone will attract players. Maybe that worked in the past when club soccer was more localized but nowadays hoping into the car and driving up to two hours for practice is becoming more common.

You are right - since I had never heard of valpo I wrongly assumed they were not D1. So bucks has five D1 commits to schools that could hardly be qualified as powerhouses for women’s soccer. Five! Still not a great D1 achievement. Don’t care that others are “capable” as you say facts are there are five.

And if you are so worried about money and therefore choose a D2 school over D1 then you should probably have skipped ECNL - since supposedly one of the reasons you play ECNL is for the chance to play D1. And the fact remains if you are going to end up playing at a D2,3 school you do not need to play ECNL.

And it’s ironic saying that D2,D3 schools would beat D1 schools. Kind of like the opposite of how you say EDP sucks compared to ECNL. Don’t fool yourself there are plenty of EDP teams that can take apart ECNL teams.

We can both agree Bucks needs to do a lot better!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X