Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It’s not a matter of wanting to take them down; it’s about being disappointed that this is what we have for a local club. I hate having to take my son to WPFC but am thankful that WPFC has such an amazing club. Been there for years and have never had an issue. But just looking into Valor came with a ton of issues. The things I have seen and heard from top people at Valor would shock you. They hopefully won’t last long then maybe we can get a competitive soccer club in the area! Our kids deserve that!
    This is it right here, exactly. Maple Valley used to be competitive a long time ago. Bad leadership took them down, along with a lot of shady back room politicking by the current ED and Board President. Maple Valley/Ravensdale/Hobart/Covington is a pretty big area that's growing fast. They deserve to have a well-run and respected Club.

Valor does have a lot of good families, but they've got some bad ones, too. Just like every Club. The problem is Dean does a really, really good job getting everyone to drink the Kool-Aid, and not everyone has the time and/or resources to take their kids somewhere else. They need to be upfront and set reasonable expectations with their parents and players.

They aren't going to get ECNL until they have more competitive teams (and that doesn't mean placing 1st in RCL Div 4 with your "A" team). They aren't going to get more competitive teams until they actually develop players better, and get kids to stay. Their goal shouldn't be ECNL, it should be placing the majority of their kids on the Varsity High School teams, which neither Valor or Maple Valley Soccer ever had much success at. There's enough players from Maple Valley playing for Eastside/WPFC/Pac/XF that no Varsity Coach in their right mind would put a Valor player over an RCL/ECNL big 5 player. Dean seems to think he can muscle his players onto the HS Varsity teams with political pressure instead of talent. Until he goes, and the Board President is tossed, Valor doesn't have any chance of success.

Comment

Can anyone point me to the current list of Board Members for Valor? I can't find anything on their website.

Comment

Valor in the past has done a great job of getting their players on Girls Varsity soccer teams in the Kent school district. I am not saying that this is good or bad. The results of the teams will have to speak for themselves.

Comment

This is it right here, exactly. Maple Valley used to be competitive a long time ago. Bad leadership took them down, along with a lot of shady back room politicking by the current ED and Board President. Maple Valley/Ravensdale/Hobart/Covington is a pretty big area that's growing fast. They deserve to have a well-run and respected Club.

Valor does have a lot of good families, but they've got some bad ones, too. Just like every Club. The problem is Dean does a really, really good job getting everyone to drink the Kool-Aid, and not everyone has the time and/or resources to take their kids somewhere else. They need to be upfront and set reasonable expectations with their parents and players.

They aren't going to get ECNL until they have more competitive teams (and that doesn't mean placing 1st in RCL Div 4 with your "A" team). They aren't going to get more competitive teams until they actually develop players better, and get kids to stay. Their goal shouldn't be ECNL, it should be placing the majority of their kids on the Varsity High School teams, which neither Valor or Maple Valley Soccer ever had much success at. There's enough players from Maple Valley playing for Eastside/WPFC/Pac/XF that no Varsity Coach in their right mind would put a Valor player over an RCL/ECNL big 5 player. Dean seems to think he can muscle his players onto the HS Varsity teams with political pressure instead of talent. Until he goes, and the Board President is tossed, Valor doesn't have any chance of success.

Who even is the Valor Board President? Can't find any information on their Board.

Comment

Patrick Mooney. Who happens to a BFF of Dean. You can’t find there By Laws anywhere either. WYS worried about PAC breaking rules. They need to look into the Valor BS.

Comment

Mooney is busy trying to hide the affair he is having with another Valor employee and Aldridge is too busy making sure the focus isn’t on his past divorce and the money he hid during those proceedings to focus on the day to day operations of Valor. Sad but true.

Comment

I am disgusted at the direction this thread has taken. To make such false accusations against amazing people that are working so hard to build something good in the community. To be so hurtful against individuals, is disgusting. Anyone that truly knows both individuals and the others within Valor would know what an amazing group of individuals and volunteers support Valor.

Just like any start up business the first year always has some bumps in the road, and a lot gets learned and they are working to make things even better this next year. The group at Valor has worked hard this past year to merge two clubs. They have an amazing coaching staff on both the premier side and select side that truly care about the players, and are working together to build something long lasting. A strong foundation is being laid that will allow Valor to grow into something amazing. Just like any business, you don't just flip a switch and suddenly you have a fortune 500 company. It takes time, energy, and passion. I have seen a lot of that from those within Valor that are helping this club succeed.

Valor has the potential to become something amazing. I wouldn't count them out just yet, and I wouldn't underestimate them.

Comment

Mooney is busy trying to hide the affair he is having with another Valor employee and Aldridge is too busy making sure the focus isn’t on his past divorce and the money he hid during those proceedings to focus on the day to day operations of Valor. Sad but true.
                  You just couldn’t wait to slander someone. All the bs posts so you could finally post this crap

Comment

I am disgusted at the direction this thread has taken. To make such false accusations against amazing people that are working so hard to build something good in the community. To be so hurtful against individuals, is disgusting. Anyone that truly knows both individuals and the others within Valor would know what an amazing group of individuals and volunteers support Valor.

Just like any start up business the first year always has some bumps in the road, and a lot gets learned and they are working to make things even better this next year. The group at Valor has worked hard this past year to merge two clubs. They have an amazing coaching staff on both the premier side and select side that truly care about the players, and are working together to build something long lasting. A strong foundation is being laid that will allow Valor to grow into something amazing. Just like any business, you don't just flip a switch and suddenly you have a fortune 500 company. It takes time, energy, and passion. I have seen a lot of that from those within Valor that are helping this club succeed.

Valor has the potential to become something amazing. I wouldn't count them out just yet, and I wouldn't underestimate them.
                    Startup? They've been around for years, re-branding repeatedly. Lipstick on a pig.

Comment

You just couldn’t wait to slander someone. All the bs posts so you could finally post this crap
                      It’s not slander if it’s true!

Comment

Startup? They've been around for years, re-branding repeatedly. Lipstick on a pig.
                        Wait...you're leaving out the fact that their "re-brand" was actually a rip-off of another soccer club from Colorado.

Comment

Startup. First year. Suddenly you have a Fortune 500 company.

It's almost like you have no idea what you're talking about. It's ok, just keep drinking the Kool-Aid and signing those checks.

Comment

It’s not slander if it’s true!
                            Attention whore. go away.

Comment

It would scare me to have someone that is so good at hiding money running an organization like this. It’s public record, go look into Dean’s divorce!

Comment

Attention whore. go away.
                                I only get comments like this when I know I have won an argument, thanks sweetie!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X