Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Last year you started a conspiracy theory that Sound was a feeder to SU. Isn’t it plausible that last year SU had an influx of players trying out from a club those parents saw as being on life support? Considering SU and Sound share a territory border of North King County/South Snohomish County it isn’t a far jump. A lot of players left Sound on the lower division teams to neighboring clubs. And now Sound is pretty much dead. How are the tryouts any different at XF getting an influx of players bumping players down? If you want to talk about being unfairly treated, isn’t getting bumped down by a “virtual” tryout unfair? You constantly bashed SU/D1 coaches TR, RR at every opportunity based on your perception of your daughter’s ability. You relentlessly bashed SL at Reign too. At least be consistent in your logic. Being a bubble player at all these clubs and teams suck but stop bashing coaches and clubs. Your reputation in the soccer community hasn’t helped your dd one bit and has likely done the opposite.
    Unfortunately I let my emotions get the better of me and posted a few times last year, and then any criticism of certain clubs gets blamed on me. Unfortunately there's more than one unhappy parent posting here. We've found a place that works for us and hope others do as well. We've all got bigger things in the world to worry about right now.

Comment

I apologize about the starter comment and also happy that you have found a club for your daughter that is working for you. Good luck.
      Thank you for this classy comment. All the best to you too.

Comment

I think every parent has had a bad experience with a club because no club is perfect. When you are a new soccer mom/dad it can be a shocking experience.

There are half truths to all the complaints here. Yea ALL teams do some f^cked up things. There are old boy networks, old girl networks, favoritism, and little talked about prejudices. Although I've only been a soccer parent for 5 years, I've learned that if your kid is putting in the extra work outside of club practice and is a great soccer player, they will eventually rise to the top. If they don't, THEY AREN'T THAT GOOD! If you are going on your third club in 3 years and your kid is still on the B team, face it, your kid isn't ready to move up.

Choose what is important TO YOU! If you are looking for cuddly friendly low stress coaches and soccer life, we all know what club exudes that aura.

If your kid is a beast, wants to play with and against the strongest players, and you can tune out the background noise and parent sideline crap, then consider the two big clubs that people on here complain about the most, but don't come back complaining that your kid got displaced and it was unfair.

And what the f^ck is with all the posts seeking a sainthood holier-than-thou experience? Soccer clubs are motivated to keep parents spending money. That is their number one goal.

Raise your own kids, teach them your own beliefs. If you are leaving that up to a soccer club, you need your head examined.

Mic drop

Comment

Unfortunately I let my emotions get the better of me and posted a few times last year, and then any criticism of certain clubs gets blamed on me. Unfortunately there's more than one unhappy parent posting here. We've found a place that works for us and hope others do as well. We've all got bigger things in the world to worry about right now.
          “... posted a few times last year.”

Definitely way more than a few.

http://talking-soccer.com/TS4/showthread.php?t=157028

Comment

No doubt. But this isn’t about what families want. It’s about the lack of moral/ethical character of PacNW’s leadership. What families/players want is irrelevant to this discussion.. If they want to play for the mafia, so be it. But that doesn’t get the mafia off the hook or excuse their behavior. Maybe it’s no big deal to many of you. Fine. But what Leighton, Malia, Ralph, Pedro the PacNW board and the rest of them are creating is a culture of cheating, break the rules, and win at all costs, ends justify the means. If you want to take your kid to that environment, knock yourself out. It’s a free country.
            Off with their 'eads!

Comment

It’s ALWAYS the parent of a player that was cut from the team (and believes their kid’s ability is far superior than the girls who made the team) who love to come to this site and bash on their former club, coach, DOC while overly praising the new club they landed at... that is, until they get cut from that team the following season and never stop bashing those clubs through their keyboard.
              Easily dismissed. Disgruntled parent. Ok, boss.
              Nah, bro. My kid is in a good place. Been around the block a few times and this is my last rodeo. Just know alot from being around and talking with parents, coaches, and admins. Just saying things that I believe to be true, so you can take it or leave it if you read it on an anonymous soccer board with fcuking crazy soccer parents. Just a cathartic release of the bs I had to endure of pay to play soccer over the years before I forever leave the sport my kids loved. Like primal scream therapy. Yayayayayay!!! Why yes, that masters in English Lit. helped me earn the big bucks.

Just parse through my comments and research for yourself if it is true, especially outsiders coming into Pac. Just being a good player really means little when you are walking into a toxic environment. Gotta go work off my COVID-19 lbs.

Comment

bump*

Comment

Of all that were offered a refund, not one took them up on that offer. Guess the punishment worked.....lol.
                  Well that's not correct. We did. So I'm not sure what your trying to sell but hopefully people don't buy it.

I seriously hope that the people on here who keep routing it's not that big a deal work for PAC and that actually people are better than this but I fear that's not true. It's absolutely a big deal. It wasn't an accident it was calculated decision to break a rule that the leader of the club was involved in making. If you ok with your kid being a part of that then you deserve each other.

Comment

Who cares? If a family is paid/current, they should get to play wherever the hell they want.
                    Nobody disagrees with that. If they want to play at PAC no problem. They can. They just had to wait til May 1st to register and pay just like every one else at every other club. Doesn't mean they can't verbally commit. But if there is a rule in place whether you like to admit it or not then you break it then you deserve to get punished. The reason the RCL is so we'll run is because clubs agree to work together and it's not the wild west like in other states. Maybe I just hold my self to higher standards. If my 15 year old wants to take my car and drive despite not having his license yet by your thinking he should just be able to right? He wants to do why not? If he gets away with it then cool. If he's gets caught I'd imagine he would get punished. Or he can wait til he's actually allowed to and do it the right way. Some of the comments in here just give me a severe lack of faith in humanity. If you want to play for PAC still no problem. But don't pretend or gloss over what they did. It was wrong and they got caught and they got deservedly punished (not enough in my opinion). The DOC was one of the people that made the rules!!!!! Ffs. People!

Comment

Nobody disagrees with that. If they want to play at PAC no problem. They can. They just had to wait til May 1st to register and pay just like every one else at every other club. Doesn't mean they can't verbally commit. But if there is a rule in place whether you like to admit it or not then you break it then you deserve to get punished. The reason the RCL is so we'll run is because clubs agree to work together and it's not the wild west like in other states. Maybe I just hold my self to higher standards. If my 15 year old wants to take my car and drive despite not having his license yet by your thinking he should just be able to right? He wants to do why not? If he gets away with it then cool. If he's gets caught I'd imagine he would get punished. Or he can wait til he's actually allowed to and do it the right way. Some of the comments in here just give me a severe lack of faith in humanity. If you want to play for PAC still no problem. But don't pretend or gloss over what they did. It was wrong and they got caught and they got deservedly punished (not enough in my opinion). The DOC was one of the people that made the rules!!!!! Ffs. People!
                      You must be fun at parties.

Comment

They said sorry....now move along.

Comment

Of course the other clubs and coaches were bad mouthing Reign and seeking to exploit the situation by strongly encouraging people to make quick decisions. Pac was no different than SU or XF. Maybe some think that’s just business (by non-profits supposedly working in the best interests of the soccer community) or competition or just desserts or whatever. I thought it was pretty slimy. It was unnecessary and could have been deferred until people can actually try out in person, which is what clubs concluded was in the best interests of their member families and decided to do in other states.

Reign lost a bunch of players. A number apparently chose to stay, including some who could have gone wherever they wanted and others who had plenty of options. I suspect
                          they will get some back and new ones in over the next couple months once people take stock of their new teams and new situations.

For the ECNL clubs, for instance, unless you are one of the coach’s top 14 or so players on a 20+ player roster, that’s not a great situation, and that’s even more true when you aren’t traveling to away games and showcases. Kids in that situation have routinely moved in the past and I’m sure they will in the future. Some who did have logged significant minutes for college programs they never would have seen if they had stayed put.

As Reign has said throughout the three weeks since DA was shut down, their plan was to play ECNL or GA and they hadn’t as of late last week heard a final decision from ECNL so were planning to do GA. Since GA announced it is having a NW division on Monday, and since Reign’s offer letters indicate they plan to play GA, that seems to be the direction they are going. They have a decent core of remaining players and a solid coaching staff and strong positive leadership in Amy to build on.

Hopefully everyone enjoys their time wherever they landed and everyone can get back playing again sooner rather than later. Soccer years go by too fast.

I just want to point out that I agree with a lot of what you said and I'm not looking to be confrontational. But Reign are no different to any of the youth soccer clubs when it comes to badmouthing each other. They have consistently touted their program as superior and told people things about other clubs based on opinion not fact to try to get them to leave. This year they were telling players they had ECNL when they didn't actually know they weren't getting it and offering ecnl first team spots to kids on other clubs C teams without seeing them play. I know because I have one if those kids. I'm realistic and had she played in ECNL she would have had a horrible experience because I know that's not her level. I know she's not the next Tobin Heath I just want her to have fun. My point is for a club that talks about development of young players those actions seemed a lot more to me like desperation and just wanting my money. (And a lot of it)

Not saying that's any different anywhere else but I know the club she's at aren't offering her spots in levels she's not good enough for without seeing her play. My point is just they should not be on a pedastool they are just lije most other clubs.

But as long as your kids find a place they enjoy which helps build their character then the politics are for us as parents to worry about.

Comment

lol

Ah yes, the travesty of opening registration early. Not a good idea, they paid the price. Crossfire, Eastside, and WP all were making offers to ECNL players at that time so let's not pretend it was just PAC. Save the holier than thou act.

Comment

Nice attempt

Really simple, folks. Fire LO, MA immediately. This include MA little side-kick LP. There should be a rule that married people can not work for the same team or boss. Seriously, a big conflict of interest and truly unethical at its core. LP is an immature little brat who never grew up from her playing days who was protected by big mama, MA. LP is the one who messed up the earlier age groups with her favoritism and not developing players except the ones she liked. Ask the parents, except the favored ones. I heard one age group lost two highly skilled players mid season. Cutting half of the G06 ECNL team and not enough players for the G07 ECNL team? Seriously, girl's side is in trouble.

Then, a full independent review of the organization of Pac and clean house. I am pretty sure this is what the RCS would want. A full report that the rotten apples are cleaned out of the barrel. Maybe then, Pac can survive not being kicked out of RCL. Good luck, parents. You need to fight for your club or move.
                              Nice attempt at tearing down the coaching staff. Half the G06 were cut because they were not competitive. They were losing games 6-0, 7-0. The replaced those girls with strong players and got much better. They still are not the best but they improved drastically. LP and MA are good coaches and sounds like a lot of salt from you. Don't be angry your kid got cut. Just have them work hard and find a club that fits.

Comment

Nice attempt at tearing down the coaching staff. Half the G06 were cut because they were not competitive. They were losing games 6-0, 7-0. The replaced those girls with strong players and got much better. They still are not the best but they improved drastically. LP and MA are good coaches and sounds like a lot of salt from you. Don't be angry your kid got cut. Just have them work hard and find a club that fits.
                                My kid was G06 Div 3 and all those PacECNL girls got dropped all the way to div 3, they still had 6 players dual rostered with their ECNL team and for 1st. Lost to the last place team when their ECNL girls had to miss because they had a game conflict. First game we played them I was like *** they have 8 girls on the field with ECNL patches. They don't have a div 1 or 2 team so there was no where else to put them.

Pac is the only club that I have witnessed cheating in a game, twice sneaking unrostered kids in to a game. Not saying they are the only ones that would do this, but in 5 years they are the only one I have witnessed directly.

They were one of a couple of clubs that took early registrations trying to snag up reign players, other clubs chose not to. I don't think it ended up helping their struggling ECNL much. Many other clubs now saying they wont go to Winter Classic in retaliation, but with covid happening seems like it hardly matters now.

Seems like Pac needs to re-evaluate their decision making process at the top as it's not representing their organization well.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X