Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It doesn't matter does it, I can my daughter will be committed within the next week and it is because of ECNL. bottom line those coaches would not have been at any other club games or tournaments. Thank you ECNL
    pull it in, your ignorance is showing. if anyone at your club is telling this then (first, it is a red flag as they would be lying and they'd know it), second, all you have to do is google some of the top clubs / academies and you'll see what colleges are visiting them on the weekends, and for other lucky ones, through the week as well.

Comment

Bottom line is that ECNL, if Florida, right now, sucks. OC and WFF would not likely not make the top 8 teams in state.

So you don't get upset, Georgia (Atlanta for all intends and purposes) is the same.Their top teams are playing R3PL not ECNL
      I get that you have your opinion on ECNL, the teams that play in the league, and also the USYS leagues and teams. I am not going to try to convince you otherwise. But when and if your daughter decides to take a visit to a college that has a strong soccer program, just talk to the college coach about ECNL. Ask them about the competition level. Ask them about ECNL in Florida. What you will find (and this is what I was told) is that ECNL is the first place they look for players. Enough said.

Do you even know who the top clubs are in Georgia? Including ECNL and non-ECNL teams? The only non-ECNL team in Atlanta that is worth a hoot is TopHat. They stand out now because all of the better teams play ECNL. Before the days of ECNL, Tophat was just a middle of the pack club. I am not sure why they were not put in the ECNL as they are a very well run club, but possibly because it is a "Girls Only" club. They are a good side but since the competition in RPL and R3PL is so weak today, they should run the table in those leagues.

Comment

pull it in, your ignorance is showing. if anyone at your club is telling this then (first, it is a red flag as they would be lying and they'd know it), second, all you have to do is google some of the top clubs / academies and you'll see what colleges are visiting them on the weekends, and for other lucky ones, through the week as well.
        Why would a college coach waste their time to travel to a one off club to recruit players when they can show up to several events during the year and have the majority of recruitable players in one place? The only reason would be to see a real gifted player. Do you have any of those?

Comment

Look at the latest commit from WFF. Villanova pretty impressive for a player that maybe starts 20% of the time. There is definitely a college coach bias towards ECNL right now warranted or not and we are seeing it both in quality and quantity of recruits. I am a very logical person and I have looked at a lot of clubs by comparison. Tophat is probably has better teams from U14-U18 then a lot of ECNL clubs and yet their recruiting is not even close to WFF. Please explain this? I see it with many other "top clubs" that I have "googled"

Google it yourself :)
          https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...put=html&gid=0

Comment

Look at the latest commit from WFF. Villanova pretty impressive for a player that maybe starts 20% of the time. There is definitely a college coach bias towards ECNL right now warranted or not and we are seeing it both in quality and quantity of recruits. I am a very logical person and I have looked at a lot of clubs by comparison. Tophat is probably has better teams from U14-U18 then a lot of ECNL clubs and yet their recruiting is not even close to WFF. Please explain this? I see it with many other "top clubs" that I have "googled"

That is a good point you have made there. I can't answer why lesser players ECNL get scholarships over better non-ECNL except that it is just easier for coaches to recruit en masse. Life is not fair, but your stats show an ECNL bias.

Maybe it will ebb and flow, but if your goal is D-I your chances are better in ECNL, not saying it's right but right place right time is true in sports as in regular work life.

Comment

That is a good point you have made there. I can't answer why lesser players ECNL get scholarships over better non-ECNL except that it is just easier for coaches to recruit en masse. Life is not fair, but your stats show an ECNL bias.

Maybe it will ebb and flow, but if your goal is D-I your chances are better in ECNL, not saying it's right but right place right time is true in sports as in regular work life.
              we totally agree. It may be a trend that reverses itself in the future also if ECNL does not keep the quality in place and drop clubs performing poorly. For right now, there is a bias towards ECNL IMO.

Comment

yeah, FKK is done... just ask the 8 2015's already committed to places like UNC and S. Carolina.

You HM haters are hilarious.
                Which one of those 8 were not a product of what they had started last year? You are out of "high profile" players so things will start balancing out.

This time last year those 2015s had UNC, Florida, and SC locked up and several others were close. How many big schools have the 2016s committed to now that you don't have ECNL ... or better yet. High profile players?

Not to knock anyone else but all of those girls were on the radar from before HM came into the picture. Great players who came from CFK, FSA, Vero Beach and others. I think he does a great job but he won't have the advantage of talent and exposure that he had with that "15" class.

I think the 2016 and even the 2017s in town need to merge to help each other succeed but just as well it will be interesting to see which club can deliver the most when talent is so spread out.

Comment

Which one of those 8 were not a product of what they had started last year? You are out of "high profile" players so things will start balancing out.

This time last year those 2015s had UNC, Florida, and SC locked up and several others were close. How many big schools have the 2016s committed to now that you don't have ECNL ... or better yet. High profile players?

Not to knock anyone else but all of those girls were on the radar from before HM came into the picture. Great players who came from CFK, FSA, Vero Beach and others. I think he does a great job but he won't have the advantage of talent and exposure that he had with that "15" class.

I think the 2016 and even the 2017s in town need to merge to help each other succeed but just as well it will be interesting to see which club can deliver the most when talent is so spread out.
                  Almost the same thing people were saying last year about the 2014s. Now it's the 2015s, next year it will be "yeah, but those 2016s weren't REALLY developed by FKK"... And another excuse, then another and another.

Comment

Almost the same thing people were saying last year about the 2014s. Now it's the 2015s, next year it will be "yeah, but those 2016s weren't REALLY developed by FKK"... And another excuse, then another and another.
                    You didn't answer. Last year you had several big schools by now and many others who were close. How many does this year have?

It's not a difficult or tricky question.

Comment

I'd say if you are ecnl than your chances of getting recruited with another ecnl are good. I frankly am hopeful they and the colleges that seek them out continue their lazy ways. will even out a lot of DI schools and probably see better competition throughout. meaning, if ecnl clubs want to basically get recruited together I see that as beneficial as their talent is good and bland; the rest of the DI schools that don't follow their lead, will have picked and chose their talent from the most elite non-ecnl clubs. fine by me.

Comment

the spreadsheet contains my daughters name, and we did not, nor did her club, or HS, nor her college, place her on it. the city is wrong, so is her position, and it lacks her club's name (which is a national academy and I really don't chose to put it here). point is, whomever is providing the information to whomever is compiling it, there is obviously no effort made to verify the information.

Comment

I'd say if you are ecnl than your chances of getting recruited with another ecnl are good. I frankly am hopeful they and the colleges that seek them out continue their lazy ways. will even out a lot of DI schools and probably see better competition throughout. meaning, if ecnl clubs want to basically get recruited together I see that as beneficial as their talent is good and bland; the rest of the DI schools that don't follow their lead, will have picked and chose their talent from the most elite non-ecnl clubs. fine by me.
                          The best players tend to find their way to ECNL clubs. Look at the increasing number of youth national teams players coming from ECNL clubs. Maybe not from OC but still ECNL. It's significantly growing just like the DA.

Comment

the spreadsheet contains my daughters name, and we did not, nor did her club, or HS, nor her college, place her on it. the city is wrong, so is her position, and it lacks her club's name (which is a national academy and I really don't chose to put it here). point is, whomever is providing the information to whomever is compiling it, there is obviously no effort made to verify the information.
                            For the most part, even tho this source my not be perfect it is the best available info on recruiting that there is. It provides significant information and data to which one can draw reasonable conclusions.

Comment

The best players tend to find their way to ECNL clubs. Look at the increasing number of youth national teams players coming from ECNL clubs. Maybe not from OC but still ECNL. It's significantly growing just like the DA.
                              Definitely not from OC, but still.

Comment

Jfc

When does JFC start playing ECNL ?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X