Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Rds redbull try-outs

Can I have some feedback on the RDS Try-outs? Is it a waist of time? Is it political in terms of players who are trained by the Redbulls only get picked? I appreciate everyone's true opinions and not the usual sarcasm. TY!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Do RDS if your kid just wants some quality extra training. Don't do it because you're hoping he'll get picked for Red Bulls. If he does, great, but the reality is only a fraction do. The better talent in the area is known and many won't come to the Rbulls through RDS
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

My daughter passed the tryouts for RDS and she had no previous connection. The training is great supplemental training with a bunch of other players who are in it and focused. They can run drills and not take half a session of trying to explain it, if you get my drift. That was the problem with my daughters regular town team.... Half the kids really were not committed and this gave my daughter some quality practice to supplement what is her team for now. If you kid is one of the top 1% then they will get an offer for the Academy team.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My daughter passed the tryouts for RDS and she had no previous connection. The training is great supplemental training with a bunch of other players who are in it and focused. They can run drills and not take half a session of trying to explain it, if you get my drift. That was the problem with my daughters regular town team.... Half the kids really were not committed and this gave my daughter some quality practice to supplement what is her team for now. If you kid is one of the top 1% then they will get an offer for the Academy team.
More like top 10%
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-04-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

If OP questions is about training centers, those are good but tryouts really depend on which location you're looking to do. The quality is way different from one place to the next, with some very strong and others looking sort of weak.

If the question is about RDS Regional teams, they're pretty good and theoretically offer a pathway to RB Academy. I'd think from each RDS regional team maybe 2 or 3 kids eventually make the DA team?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-04-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If OP questions is about training centers, those are good but tryouts really depend on which location you're looking to do. The quality is way different from one place to the next, with some very strong and others looking sort of weak.

If the question is about RDS Regional teams, they're pretty good and theoretically offer a pathway to RB Academy. I'd think from each RDS regional team maybe 2 or 3 kids eventually make the DA team?
Theory is right - 2-3 is not very many. the majority of players are found outside of RDS. Training is good but that's all it should be considered
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-04-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

when I took my son the trainers were very distracted looking at their phones or talking to each other. I was surprised by that and expected more. One was leaning up against a goal post texting half the time.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-04-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when I took my son the trainers were very distracted looking at their phones or talking to each other. I was surprised by that and expected more. One was leaning up against a goal post texting half the time.
This post is complete nonsense. I have been doing RDS for years for my daughter and I have never once seen one of them in their phones. They are completely focused on their job. Very organized and prepared group. And it doesn’t matter who the trainer was, they are all very good. It is excellent supplemental training from her club team.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-04-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
when I took my son the trainers were very distracted looking at their phones or talking to each other. I was surprised by that and expected more. One was leaning up against a goal post texting half the time.
They often take notes on their phones...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-04-2018
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I have some feedback on the RDS Try-outs? Is it a waist of time? Is it political in terms of players who are trained by the Redbulls only get picked? I appreciate everyone's true opinions and not the usual sarcasm. TY!
Not a waste of time as if your son/daughter passes a tryout based RDS and they attend they don't have to tryout again if they want to do another tryout based RDS within 18 months. Also get early access to signups fwiw.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.