Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 03-29-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, because nycfc GDA is free...oh wait, it is not. Stop pretending nycfc is anything but world class with a different shirt.
Good one! You really made a good one, glad you are happy over paying for an inferior product.
Old 03-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Not free but less.
The nysc vs nycfc/wc girls DA debate is not really my concern but when you say it costs less, do you factor in the gas, tolls, time spent traveling over the bridge? If you're in Putnam, Westchester or CT then Manhattanville is easily more convenient and likely worth the price differential and more.
Old 03-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
The nysc vs nycfc/wc girls DA debate is not really my concern but when you say it costs less, do you factor in the gas, tolls, time spent traveling over the bridge? If you're in Putnam, Westchester or CT then Manhattanville is easily more convenient and likely worth the price differential and more.
The upside to playing at NYCFC GDA or WC ECNL is so huge that it broke my calculator. In other words, if you donít know that by now, you are doomed...

Trust me, we learned the hard way, no comparison, none.
Old 03-30-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Just be honest, with the boys adding the older age groups, and sharing with the college, there will not be enough fields or time for the girls.
Old 03-31-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Just be honest, with the boys adding the older age groups, and sharing with the college, there will not be enough fields or time for the girls.
Sadly, that might be true...
Old 03-31-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
The upside to playing at NYCFC GDA or WC ECNL is so huge that it broke my calculator. In other words, if you donít know that by now, you are doomed...

Trust me, we learned the hard way, no comparison, none.
So true. Playing npl level soccer with npl players and npl level coaching in the gda is not a good experience. Everyone thought with the platform upgrade and the soon to open facility that things would turn around but in fact itís so bad that some players have left and others looking at other options already for next year. Based on their performance thus far they wonít even get the nycfc scraps as it is a better option to play ecnl at world class.
Old 03-31-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
So true. Playing npl level soccer with npl players and npl level coaching in the gda is not a good experience. Everyone thought with the platform upgrade and the soon to open facility that things would turn around but in fact itís so bad that some players have left and others looking at other options already for next year. Based on their performance thus far they wonít even get the nycfc scraps as it is a better option to play ecnl at world class.
Sadly, thatís true, too....alas parting is such sweet sorry
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes, because nycfc GDA is free...oh wait, it is not. Stop pretending nycfc is anything but world class with a different shirt.
That was real pussy ass **** by NYSC to not play against us on 3/10, not good for recruiting is it Carlos?? Good job rescheduling the game on 7/1, a game that will never be played...
Old 04-02-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
That was real pussy ass **** by NYSC to not play against us on 3/10, not good for recruiting is it Carlos?? Good job rescheduling the game on 7/1, a game that will never be played...
Not playing a game speaks volumes. No fields, no players. Very sad news for NYSC fans
Old 04-03-2018
Unregistered

Pretty big omission to not mention that 3/10 was 2 days after the second of the March nor'easters, where central westchester got a foot of snow.