Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 03-07-2018
Unregistered

Thanks for the responses - going to let the kid try out and if she can participate that would be great. Hopefully works out because it seems like once you reach a certain level it gets harder and harder to find good opportunities for supplemental training in our area.
Old 03-07-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks for the responses - going to let the kid try out and if she can participate that would be great. Hopefully works out because it seems like once you reach a certain level it gets harder and harder to find good opportunities for supplemental training in our area.
Best training for the money is GSSC hands down. It is very hard to get in though and the timings are all over. My daughter is older now but Gary was her trainer when she was younger and I get in his place whenever we can. He does small group training up to 6 kids max.
Old 03-19-2018
Unregistered

Default Center of Excellence should be free

i was told that us club soccer has told the gary grossman that pdp or center of excellence is to free and they are charging

edp is only $5 for their center of excellence so i guess nycsl is ripping everyone off
Old 03-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
i was told that us club soccer has told the gary grossman that pdp or center of excellence is to free and they are charging

edp is only $5 for their center of excellence so i guess nycsl is ripping everyone off
PDP is free, Center of Excellence is not
Old 03-19-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
PDP is free, Center of Excellence is not
Center of Excellence, yes its at NYCFC, thatís about it....RB are good too, see a link??
Old 03-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Center of Excellence, yes its at NYCFC, thatís about it....RB are good too, see a link??
not all kids are trying to play bda soccer though
Old 03-20-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Best training for the money is GSSC hands down. It is very hard to get in though and the timings are all over. My daughter is older now but Gary was her trainer when she was younger and I get in his place whenever we can. He does small group training up to 6 kids max.
Guy is not responsive. Don't bother.
Old 04-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Guy is not responsive. Don't bother.
Would you compare the center of excellence PDP to the RDS Regional teams? Which has a tougher tryout with better competition?
Old 04-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Would you compare the center of excellence PDP to the RDS Regional teams? Which has a tougher tryout with better competition?
Three different things embedded there.

CoE is supplemental paid training. Tryout based and high level.
NYCSL PDP is invitation only "all star" teams. Also tryout based but draws from both CoE and DOC recommendations. Supplemental free training but may lead to tournament opportunities.
RDS regional is a team.

Have not done last so don't know how to compare vs other two. Obvs PDP > CoE as it draws from that pool.
Old 04-25-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Three different things embedded there.

CoE is supplemental paid training. Tryout based and high level.
NYCSL PDP is invitation only "all star" teams. Also tryout based but draws from both CoE and DOC recommendations. Supplemental free training but may lead to tournament opportunities.
RDS regional is a team.

Have not done last so don't know how to compare vs other two. Obvs PDP > CoE as it draws from that pool.
RDS regional team > COE

COE is not very competitive.