Talking-Soccer.com  

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > New York

Notices

New York Discussions about New York soccer.

Old 04-09-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Any team without several kids capable of playing keeper is playing with fire. It doesnít matter the reason or age group teams should always have a plan B and C
I suspect that next year they won't have the same problem. But being this was a cup game, the roster was locked mid-September, only a few months after they started to form teams.
Old 04-13-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Talking about the future. Barca has zero girls teams at the moment. The point is that they could hit the numbers the other poster claims they must have without having to go more than 3 teams team in each age group.
Or, Barca could rent the vacant fields to SUSA
Old 04-16-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Or, Barca could rent the vacant fields to SUSA
Barca Academy NY went 13 wins and 0 losses this weekend. All you haters can go suck it. Forca Barca!
Old 04-16-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Barca Academy NY went 13 wins and 0 losses this weekend. All you haters can go suck it. Forca Barca!

Thatís pretty cool Buddy! I bet you can tie your shoes all by yourself too. Which 13 did you win this weekend? #learningdisability #ForceBarca
Old 04-16-2018
Unregistered

Default Barca

Pardon me for intruding in on this scintillating conversation, but if that is actually the games that BARCA played this past weekend, then I have a few things to say.

Going to 15-0 is a fantastic result. The weather was harsh on Sunday, and not giving up a 'L all weekend is tough to do, at any club, across age groups.

Going 15-0, given the age groups I see listed, is fun, but is it grand? Can you LEARN more and DEVELOP to potential winning every game? While you state that the overall performance of 15-0 across teams is great, I think the scores would reveal if the teams benefited from those games.

In the end, winning is great, but learning and developing is the goal yes? While parents focus on 'winning' and the kids emulate their parents, I fear the wrong messages are being delivered there.

Also, the teams listed there, well they are now rather 'B' teams overall. When you play a BWG, Met Oval, NYSC, World Class, STF, Beachside, or any of the DA clubs (where the best players go to) then you can thump your chest and claim a 15-0 weekend record is something to be proud of. Until then, focus on developing your young ones skills and hone in on the LESSONS of the game, not the outcome.

You have much to learn, and learn you will. I hope you don't learn the hard way, but you're headed that way.

For transparency, my children are all grown up, out of the 'environment' and I have no loyalties or bias. I read these chats to remind myself why USA soccer struggles.
Old 04-16-2018
Unregistered

I lol everytime I see atletico playing at Sachem. Not only do they get free access to the fields, they get to pluck Sachem kids out of the program without giving anything in return.
Old 04-16-2018
Unregistered

It seems they had no home games all away
what no home field?
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
It seems they had no home games all away
what no home field?
Cantiague Park is their home field.
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Cantiague Park is their home field.
Lol, look how crooked the boxes are on the grass fields.

https://goo.gl/maps/15Vkej3RHjR2
Old 04-17-2018
Unregistered

Quote:
Lol, look how crooked the boxes are on the grass fields.

https://goo.gl/maps/15Vkej3RHjR2
so, now they practice at Cantiague Park ?