Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    underestimating how weak some DA and ECNL teams are. players from any club could play there.
    Nobody is underestimating that.

GDA and ECNL in all of Florida is in the same boat.

NOT any player could play there, but I have little doubt and I doubt that anyone would argue too much that most clubs have a player or a couple players that could make rosters. There is talent spread out all over the place...big part of the problem.

Comment

Are you telling me that CSU is actually sending players to Prime to play? I get that they are using them for field space, but that is about it.
      At this point it’s just about partnering with many clubs to help get th best players no matter how few might come from any one club. CSU also gives them the ability to at least have some feeder system but I agree that CSU isn’t the best choice. Alan doesn’t really understand the area. CSU is a disaster and has never had any competitive teams especially on girls

Comment

Underestimating JS at Weston.

In very short time he has stabilized that program and has seen improvement in players and teams. How much complaining are you hearing out of that program? None

Ultimately, it will come down to GDA vs. ECNL rules (HS soccer and how USSF handles it) that determine which program is ultimately is more successful.
        Are you saying everyone should go to Weston GDA? I think having both ECNL and GDA allows for 2 options instead of one. South Florida is not that bad for everyone to go to 1 place.

Comment

Are you saying everyone should go to Weston GDA? I think having both ECNL and GDA allows for 2 options instead of one. South Florida is not that bad for everyone to go to 1 place.
          Then make it a central place so people don't have to drive to Weston! Also, there is enough talent in S. FL to have more than one ECNL or DA program.

Comment

I think AH and TT are frauds, and only started an ECNL club in S. FL because Weston and SFFA are train wrecks. Prime, along with the rest are poor options and makes it a sad time for girls in S. FL. But I dis agree with your comment that ECNL will always get most all the top players and the DA is mostly for all the parents who just want to tell all their friends that their kid plays DA. There are kids that want to train 4 times and week and play games on the weekend. I don't think there are enough kids like that right now in S. FL for two GDA clubs, but i do think there are enough for one. DA/GDA gives the focused player what they want.
            True. One GDA club is enough for now. But what club can start a new ECNL program?? We don't have a good ECNL option.

Comment

True. One GDA club is enough for now. But what club can start a new ECNL program?? We don't have a good ECNL option.
              We don't have enough players for SFYFUSA or FSPL right now in South FL.

Comment

South Florida consists of three counties, more or less. They are big, big counties. Palm Beach County is one of the biggest counties east of the Mississippi, and Dade County is one of the most populous. It would make sense to space these programs out geographically. Right now the bulk of them seem to be in North Broward and South Palm Beach Counties. Traffic sucks.

Comment

Atlanta has 3 gda teams , Concorde went for the money the extra age brackets and switched over to ecnl but essentially same crap - one south Atlanta , one north Atlanta and one nw Atlanta - spread out , south Atlanta get some girls as far south as Macon , north gets all the northern girls , they thought it out and they are good

Not like dumazzs Florida

Comment

Atlanta has 3 gda teams , Concorde went for the money the extra age brackets and switched over to ecnl but essentially same crap - one south Atlanta , one north Atlanta and one nw Atlanta - spread out , south Atlanta get some girls as far south as Macon , north gets all the northern girls , they thought it out and they are good

Not like dumazzs Florida
                    The south ATL gets players from FL and NW gets them from AL and TN and some get SC and NC also

Comment

Nobody is underestimating that.

GDA and ECNL in all of Florida is in the same boat.

NOT any player could play there, but I have little doubt and I doubt that anyone would argue too much that most clubs have a player or a couple players that could make rosters. There is talent spread out all over the place...big part of the problem.
                      Any player can play at Boca DA but not any player can play at Prime ECNL and most likely not even any okay can play at Weston DA next year since it looks like Weston is on track to get it together with all the affiliate part time players. But in the end most top girls players will end up at Prime since most want high school so ECNL will win out. I also think many will want to wait and see how Weston DA competes since the DA part time rule is so convoluted and may not work. Boca DA is an absolute disaster and any true top player who goes there just has an idiot for a parent. At th end I think one ECNL and one DA is the best scenario and my bet is that ECNL win out simply because it’s the best option for girls right now who are national level.

Comment

Any player can play at Boca DA but not any player can play at Prime ECNL and most likely not even any okay can play at Weston DA next year since it looks like Weston is on track to get it together with all the affiliate part time players. But in the end most top girls players will end up at Prime since most want high school so ECNL will win out. I also think many will want to wait and see how Weston DA competes since the DA part time rule is so convoluted and may not work. Boca DA is an absolute disaster and any true top player who goes there just has an idiot for a parent. At th end I think one ECNL and one DA is the best scenario and my bet is that ECNL win out simply because it’s the best option for girls right now who are national level.
                        Boca is a not good at the younger ages , but if they merge with a large local team they will have their much needed feeder system and will have access to the big leagues , older teams are doing just fine , the mess is with the younger team
                        I’m sure u and ur ecnl program will still get 20 Idiotic parents paying 3k for 6 months of soccer plus double for league travel , good luck , a quarter scholarship at d2 awaits

Comment

We don't have enough players for SFYFUSA or FSPL right now in South FL.

Comment

Underestimating JS at Weston.

In very short time he has stabilized that program and has seen improvement in players and teams. How much complaining are you hearing out of that program? None

Ultimately, it will come down to GDA vs. ECNL rules (HS soccer and how USSF handles it) that determine which program is ultimately is more successful.
                            Everything is not great at Weston, Their oldest team is in shambles. You have players leave that team for. The younger agr group. They cant filed a competitive team so they borrow players from Sunrise and others. Their teams are made up of scabs from the defection just like ODP when top pl;Ayers stopped attending. WTH is great about Weston. The only reason no one is speaking bad about Weston is that the complainers have joined them. LMAO

Comment

Boca is a not good at the younger ages , but if they merge with a large local team they will have their much needed feeder system and will have access to the big leagues , older teams are doing just fine , the mess is with the younger team
                              I’m sure u and ur ecnl program will still get 20 Idiotic parents paying 3k for 6 months of soccer plus double for league travel , good luck , a quarter scholarship at d2 awaits
                              You make it out like everyone needs a scholarship. The best environment to get better is to play with better players and in a better league,with better coaches. Right now Prime is just that. Yes it is not cheap. Sometimes if that is the best place for your child to get better,or even possibly get a scholarship,you pay. Especially if they like it.

I do not analyze my daughter's soccer clubs like stocks-if that was the case we all could have used the time and money spent for ourselves. I know the response-you suck.....

next time your daughter asks for some money to go to the movies-tell her it will not get her a scholarship and to just stay home so she can watch it on netflix a few weeks later with her expert soccer parent who is so knowledgeable about soccer like me because I have been watching youth soccer for 4 years now.

Comment

Lol. Come on. “ not any player can play at prime”? Are u kidding me. The 03 has about 30 kids on there roster , they took everyone with a heartbeat and some without. Stop the BS with Prime already. I’ll agree ECNL is a great option ,but please. Get off the Prime train already. You people sound like idiots

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X