Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Tell me why he’ll be as good or better than Hazard?

If he was as good as Hazard I think we would have been in the World Cup last year.
    Maybe he needs more time to develop but I just don’t see him filling Hazards role as effectively now.
    He's not, and still...nobody has ever said he is. Hazard is one of the top handful of players in the world. Pulisic doesn't even always start for Dortmund.

Nobody is saying he is, or will be good. His role is similar, so you can get him to fill the role and hope you have other signings to improve the team elsewhere.

It's like some of you have never watched a freakin' game before....

Comment

Never said, nor do I believe, he is any where need as good as Hazzard. That said, the signing of CP is likely done by Chelsea with the knowledge that Hazzard is likely gone in June.
      The signing is purely a marketing move to attract US fans to Chelsea. Read: jersey sales
      Chelsea is littered with big name signings that can’t break into the first team. Pulisic is no different.
      Fantastic for him to be signed to a massive club, but keep expectations in check

Comment

How much $$$?

Comment

How much $$$?
          Way too much, which is why the marketing angle is valid. It's north of $70m, making him in the range of Dembele and Mbappe.

Crazy.

Comment

Way too much, which is why the marketing angle is valid. It's north of $70m, making him in the range of Dembele and Mbappe.

Crazy.
            Two words...cha ching! Good for him/his former club. Do classics get any of the new fee arrangement?

Comment

Crazy.
              How much does he pocket?

Comment

That’s a lot for someone who’s been pretty stagnant the last one and half seasons. Also he was going to be out of contract in 2020. Owner runs the show there so maybe that was it. Maybe Chelsea will make him better. I’m not holding my breath.

Comment

How much does he pocket?
                  He doesn't pocket any of that. Transfer fees typically go to the club the player is leaving. Essentially, he was sold.

Comment

That’s a lot for someone who’s been pretty stagnant the last one and half seasons. Also he was going to be out of contract in 2020. Owner runs the show there so maybe that was it. Maybe Chelsea will make him better. I’m not holding my breath.
                    Some % of that fee is due to potential. A big % of the fee is due to him being an American. Chelsea jerseys with "Pulisic" on the back will be big sellers here in the US. All clubs are trying to get into the US market.

If he was from Uruguay and was 27, I expect he would've been sold for $35m...

Comment

Some % of that fee is due to potential. A big % of the fee is due to him being an American. Chelsea jerseys with "Pulisic" on the back will be big sellers here in the US. All clubs are trying to get into the US market.

Transfer fees are no longer relevant due to the commercial benefits of signing the player. For example, the £89m Man Utd paid for Pogba was recouped and more within the first few weeks due to selling jerseys with his name on the back.

The Pulisic deal will have a similar impact for Chelsea, as many have stated, due to his nationality.

The boy Hudson-Odoi is of comparable talent/potential but Chelsea clearly recognize the commercial opportunity with this deal.

Comment

Good point

Comment

He doesn't pocket any of that. Transfer fees typically go to the club the player is leaving. Essentially, he was sold.
                          thanks. How much will he be making?

Comment

thanks. How much will he be making?
                            His salary is ~$1m/yr

I haven't heard if he will sign a new contract in the summer after the loan expires. I believe his current deal runs through 2024.

Comment

His salary is ~$1m/yr

I haven't heard if he will sign a new contract in the summer after the loan expires. I believe his current deal runs through 2024.
                              Nice. Not bad for a 20 year old!

Comment

Nice. Not bad for a 20 year old!
                                vs a basketball or top football newbie? It's chump change. Pulisic is also a unicorn for US soccer.
                                https://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonbe.../#2a12f599642d

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X