Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Soccer High School question

I have been transfered here with my family from Croatia. I am 5 feet 8 inch and weigh 65 kg.....girl. is this a good body style for USA high school soccer.
    I have played often back home and would like to know if I have a chance to qualify.

From Croatia straight to Talking Soccer? Unlikely. But on the off chance this is true, contact the Coach and Athletic Director at the High School.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I have been transfered here with my family from Croatia. I am 5 feet 8 inch and weigh 65 kg.....girl. is this a good body style for USA high school soccer.
      I have played often back home and would like to know if I have a chance to qualify.
      Transferred??? ***

Comment

You go right to goalie with that size. The best female soccer players are petite.

Comment

You go right to goalie with that size. The best female soccer players are petite.
          ah no, not anymore. The best are lanky, between 5'6-5'10 now.

Comment

Funny how you give your height in feet and inches, not meters, and then your weight in kilograms... you couldn't figure it out I guess

Comment

I apologize for my conversion error. I saw this website from searching back home. Early in this year before moving...on a pre visit my Father took me to a US soccer festival. I was amazed at the amount of teams compared to back home......but also there were many good players....but were small. I am nervous and just asking.

Comment

It has nothing to do with your size, it has to do with your skill. Go check out some clubs near your new town and try out. Most towns have town soccer as well, you can call Park and Rec departments of local towns to find more local clubs. You can play on your school team.

Otherwise you have NEFC, FC Stars, Scorpions, Valeo, South shore select, Aztecs, Seacost. There is a lot to choose from in MA.

(This is not a good place to get advice - people are jerks. Sorry about that, most people in the states are much nicer.)

Comment

I apologize for my conversion error. I saw this website from searching back home. Early in this year before moving...on a pre visit my Father took me to a US soccer festival. I was amazed at the amount of teams compared to back home......but also there were many good players....but were small. I am nervous and just asking.
                  Run!!! Run!!! Do not come to this website for advice!!!

I am surprised that the last poster left out GPS. On the whole, a large business, but if you are on the top team then it is good training and more likely (like NEFC and Stars) to have something near wherever you now live.

Comment

If you have good hands and can kick far, you'll be a goal keeper. If you don't have a first touch or much stamina, with that size you'll end up a center back. If you have a first touch and stamina, but no pace, you'll be a holding mid or center mid. If you have pace and a shot, you'll be a striker. Take your pick based on the attributes above. You'll do fine in high school, most teams are a mix of club players and strong multi-sport athletes.

Comment

Yeah, like Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach. Most soccer players that height are not terribly quick but there are always freakish players that can do the height and quickness (like LeBron). Every coach loves size and speed, so if you have one of those assets alone and then a little bit of technical ability and fitness, you can be a star here.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X