Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will you do when it’s all over?

I’m guessing that most people that post on this site are parents with kids that play soccer, or those with a vested interest in a specific club ( business). For those that have kids that play soccer, many are overly invested and are living vicariously through their kids athletic pursuits. In the blink of an eye, this will all be over. Your kid will most likely not be playing soccer any longer, beyond high school and especially college. What will you do? How will you entertain yourself? Will you get a hobby? Will you travel? Will you start working more, to recoup the money you spent for your kid to play youth soccer, instead of saving for their college or your retirement?

Boring

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      I’m guessing that most people that post on this site are parents with kids that play soccer, or those with a vested interest in a specific club ( business). For those that have kids that play soccer, many are overly invested and are living vicariously through their kids athletic pursuits. In the blink of an eye, this will all be over. Your kid will most likely not be playing soccer any longer, beyond high school and especially college. What will you do? How will you entertain yourself? Will you get a hobby? Will you travel? Will you start working more, to recoup the money you spent for your kid to play youth soccer, instead of saving for their college or your retirement?
      Funny... I do all of those things now. Work, travel, save money for kids' college and retirement... and I can still watch my kid play soccer on the weekends. Maybe you need to learn to multitask...

Comment

Funny... I do all of those things now. Work, travel, save money for kids' college and retirement... and I can still watch my kid play soccer on the weekends. Maybe you need to learn to multitask...
        Same here. It's all good. I miss the kids already in college, but it's them I miss not the soccer. I'm savoring every minute of it with the last before they're off to college also.

Comment

I'll get back into playing more regularly since I'll have time freed up.

Funny, my brother sent his youngest off the college and now he's popping up at my kid's games.

Comment

So we shouldn’t be involved in our kids lives because someday they’ll move out? Silly. We enjoy the time we spend with them and support their passions. When they leave life will change. Probably the biggest change will be not having kids at home that I have to take care of, the soccer is secondary.

Comment

Watch more epl and probably travel more.

Comment

stay out of this guilty pleasure that is Talking Soccer.

Comment

But isn't this typical of Talking Soccer? Don't worry about what other people are doing!!!!!

Comment

Adopt a couple kids or foster so I can do it all over again lol

Comment

I would agree that there are many, but not all are overly invested in their kids soccer “career”.
                      Some just enjoy seeing their kids be happy and doing acitivities that they love, whatever that may be. They don’t really take it that seriously, don’t feel the need to prove their kids or clubs worthiness, and maintain a healthy perspective that soccer is a great pastime that can be enjoyed by all.

Comment

So we shouldn’t be involved in our kids lives because someday they’ll move out? Silly. We enjoy the time we spend with them and support their passions. When they leave life will change. Probably the biggest change will be not having kids at home that I have to take care of, the soccer is secondary.
                        It was a question, not a should or shouldn’t.

Comment

You don’t really care. Otherwise, you wouldn’t have thrown in the “live vicariously “ dig in the middle of your post, and the “recoup your money” shot at the end. You are a f—-ing troll, who regrets all the time you spent on club soccer because your kid disappointed you. Must really suck being you.

Comment

I get to spend hours in the car with my kid every week. We talk about his grades, his friends, football, etc. We travel together to games around the country. We go and watch college games together and we watch epl and college games on TV. Wouldn't trade it for anything...

Comment

I get to spend hours in the car with my kid every week. We talk about his grades, his friends, football, etc. We travel together to games around the country. We go and watch college games together and we watch epl and college games on TV. Wouldn't trade it for anything...
                              That's me.

But, that also means a void when she's off to school.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X