• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    GA- Top Hat
    CA- Surf, LA Galaxy, SLammers, etc.
    NY-????

How about NEFC?
    I don’t see how any additional clubs need to be added in NY. NYCFC girls will find a home at World Class or other existing programs in NY/NJ and Long Island certainly does not need another ECNL club. Albertson / Fury can just sail into the sunset with its lackluster records and controversies.

Comment

I don’t see how any additional clubs need to be added in NY. NYCFC girls will find a home at World Class or other existing programs in NY/NJ and Long Island certainly does not need another ECNL club. Albertson / Fury can just sail into the sunset with its lackluster records and controversies.
      Never underestimate hungry sharks who smell blood in the water

Comment

Agreed. PDA-World Class- Match Fit are already competing for the same girls (within about an hour of each other) as are East Meadow & SUSA.

I’d like to see Penn Fusion added from a “quality club” perspective, but you already have Continental and FC Bucks in that market.

Comment

I overlooked this thread as a complete exercise in hypothetical.

However, is this really a possibility? I see you speculating about it like it may actually happen?

How can USSF have such a spectacular failure? I don’t see them admitting defeat that easy.

Comment

I overlooked this thread as a complete exercise in hypothetical.

However, is this really a possibility? I see you speculating about it like it may actually happen?

How can USSF have such a spectacular failure? I don’t see them admitting defeat that easy.
            They'll let it soldier on another year for sure; TX, Cal are all going strong. Yet even Cal lost it's #1 club, really probably the #1-2 club in the country. But the NE? If NYCFC and NEFC bail out the NE is done. There are no other clubs that should be in there except the ECNL clubs that have either already passed or tried it and bailed. FL is another weak region, midwest isn't so hot. If those areas also lose a few good clubs then what? Is it a "national league" if it's not national?

Comment

They'll let it soldier on another year for sure; TX, Cal are all going strong. Yet even Cal lost it's #1 club, really probably the #1-2 club in the country. But the NE? If NYCFC and NEFC bail out the NE is done. There are no other clubs that should be in there except the ECNL clubs that have either already passed or tried it and bailed. FL is another weak region, midwest isn't so hot. If those areas also lose a few good clubs then what? Is it a "national league" if it's not national?
              ECNL has a lot of the same issues. Travel, expense...

It all comes down to HS soccer?

I see USSSF changed the age divisions to mirror ECNL and allow more revenue for the clubs.

Comment

Don't know about NEFC, but NYCFC is basically done, lots of read between the lines statements from NYCFC staff, coaching re-structuring in the works at World Class, inability to answer simple questions about the future (or lack thereof), and there are some sources that say announcements are forthcoming in the next few weeks.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2409222]ECNL has a lot of the same issues. Travel, expense...

I see USSSF changed the age divisions to mirror ECNL and allow more revenue for

Those that are the real deal, and are on a trajectory toward playing professional soccer, will do what it takes to get there. Any time spent playing high school, is valuable time missed for quality training. Players that devote their time to academy training will have a significant over advantage over those that don’t . This only applies to a very few players in the grand scheme of things. Let it be.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2409290]

Those that are the real deal, and are on a trajectory toward playing professional soccer, will do what it takes to get there. Any time spent playing high school, is valuable time missed for quality training. Players that devote their time to academy training will have a significant over advantage over those that don’t . This only applies to a very few players in the grand scheme of things. Let it be.

That may be true, but those players ( the few) still need high level teammates and competition. With two leagues spreading out talent and competition, it makes it more difficult.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2409290]

All 5 of them!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X