Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massachusetts ECNL hierarchy

Connecticut parent new to the ECNL thing. We play FC Stars East and West, Scorpions and a few scrimmages vs NEFC. How do these teams rank in terms of each other? I woud like to have an idea what to tell my kid to expect. Thanks in advance.

Come back when you learn to spell.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Come back when you learn to spell.
      Com back when you have exorcised your inner DB.

Comment

Com back when you have exorcised your inner DB.
        you left out the 'e' in 'com'

Comment

Connecticut parent new to the ECNL thing. We play FC Stars East and West, Scorpions and a few scrimmages vs NEFC. How do these teams rank in terms of each other? I woud like to have an idea what to tell my kid to expect. Thanks in advance.
          Dad, just don't. Let her coach tell her what to expect. Stop obsessing about the competition and let her and her teammates do their jobs. From 8th grade up it's her path, not yours. That also means don't get involved at all in the college search other than take her to where she needs to be.

Comment

That also means don't get involved at all in the college search other than take her to where she needs to be.
            This may be the dumbest statement ever.

Comment

Second behind the original post...

Comment

Troll

Comment

Which are the better ECNL FC teams East or West. Were they split up equally? Who should be the stronger teams 15,16,17 level?

I would say Scorpions behind the FC teams and solid third

Comment

Kids have to do the heavy lifting and own the process. College coaches can smell parent involvement from a mile away. Parents can coach and advise, like on how to write an email or practice with phone calls. But parents should be background players.

not the op

Comment

Kids have to do the heavy lifting and own the process. College coaches can smell parent involvement from a mile away. Parents can coach and advise, like on how to write an email or practice with phone calls. But parents should be background players.

not the op
                      Right, but the know nothing posters said parents shouldn’t be involved at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered
                        Right, but the know nothing posters said parents shouldn’t be involved at all.
                        Background players is right. The parents who lead the process over their kids are doing their kids a disservice. Would you want that kid on your roster if you were the coach?

Comment

Background players is right. The parents who lead the process over their kids are doing their kids a disservice. Would you want that kid on your roster if you were the coach?
                          ^^^^ yes to this. When a parent like the OP is investigating competition to inform his player it's a sign he's over involved.

Comment

ECNL is yesterday's news. Not what it used to be. Too stretched now. Too much $ for mediocre product.

Comment

ECNL is yesterday's news. Not what it used to be. Too stretched now. Too much $ for mediocre product.
                              Are you the OP? Did you start this thread so you could get on this ECNL kick again? F-in trolls

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X